Neverwinter Nights > NwN General

NWN Resources

<< < (2/5) > >>

420:

--- Quote from: CraneNWN on July 28, 2012, 04:27:18 PM --- Trying to figure out how to incorporate both of the filter's 420 posted and then to attach to a current On_ClientEnter script I already have. Basically all three scripts have a void main() at start so there is conflict and no compliement. Any idea guys? Thanks,

// Crane.

--- End quote ---

The easiest way would be to save the filters as separate scripts and execute them from the OnClientEnter module event.

Here is an example using the default script "x3_mod_def_enter":

--- Code: ---//::///////////////////////////////////////////////
//:: Default On Enter for Module
//:: x3_mod_def_enter
//:: Copyright (c) 2008 Bioware Corp.
//:://////////////////////////////////////////////
/*
     This script adds the horse menus to the PCs.
*/
//:: Created By: Deva B. Winblood
//:: Created On: Dec 30th, 2007
//:: Last Update: April 21th, 2008

#include "x3_inc_horse"

void main()
{
    object oPC=GetEnteringObject();
    ExecuteScript("x3_mod_pre_enter",OBJECT_SELF); // Override for other skin systems
    if ((GetIsPC(oPC)||GetIsDM(oPC))&&!GetHasFeat(FEAT_HORSE_MENU,oPC))
    { // add horse menu
        HorseAddHorseMenu(oPC);
        if (GetLocalInt(GetModule(),"X3_ENABLE_MOUNT_DB"))
        { // restore PC horse status from database
            DelayCommand(2.0,HorseReloadFromDatabase(oPC,X3_HORSE_DATABASE));
        } // restore PC horse status from database
    } // add horse menu
    if (GetIsPC(oPC))
    { // more details
        // restore appearance in case you export your character in mounted form, etc.
        if (!GetSkinInt(oPC,"bX3_IS_MOUNTED")) HorseIfNotDefaultAppearanceChange(oPC);
        // pre-cache horse animations for player as attaching a tail to the model
        HorsePreloadAnimations(oPC);
        DelayCommand(3.0,HorseRestoreHenchmenLocations(oPC));
    } // more details

//Add the following lines below
ExecuteScript("420itemfilter", oPC);
ExecuteScript("badstrreffilter", oPC);
}

--- End code ---

NOTE:
In the "badstrreffilter" script change:

--- Code: ---object oPC = GetEnteringObject();
--- End code ---

to:

--- Code: ---object oPC = OBJECT_SELF;
--- End code ---

CraneNWN:
Excellent, thanks 420 testing it now. Just noticed however in the item filter script (420itemfilter) when I tried to compile it (the first time when importing to mod) it read, "compile error, unexpected compund error" and marked the very last "{" at the very bottom as the culprit?

- The badstref script attached perfectly to my existing filter.

- Another dumb question, wasn't there a way to disable the server fog that hinders view distance? Not the one that is in the aurora toolset (which I obviously have as off) but the one that is just naturally in-game?

- 420, do you have any recommended 2da / spell complete fixes (to nerf out crap like time-stop, fast resting etc) that you can point me to?

// Crane

420:

--- Quote from: CraneNWN on July 28, 2012, 07:09:47 PM ---Excellent, thanks 420 testing it now. Just noticed however in the item filter script (420itemfilter) when I tried to compile it (the first time when importing to mod) it read, "compile error, unexpected compund error" and marked the very last "{" at the very bottom as the culprit?
--- End quote ---
Compiles fine for me, try to copy and paste it again. Sounds like it may be missing a "}" at the bottom.

--- Quote from: CraneNWN on July 28, 2012, 07:09:47 PM ---- Another dumb question, wasn't there a way to disable the server fog that hinders view distance? Not the one that is in the aurora toolset (which I obviously have as off) but the one that is just naturally in-game?

--- End quote ---
The fog distance is set for each individual area. (Area Properties, Visual, Customize Environment, Fog Clip Distance.) The default is 45, which is fine for a 2X2 area, I start with 90 and adjust from there.

--- Quote from: CraneNWN on July 28, 2012, 07:09:47 PM ---- 420, do you have any recommended 2da / spell complete fixes (to nerf out crap like time-stop, fast resting etc) that you can point me to?

--- End quote ---
I'll put something together.

CraneNWN:
Script fixed thanks 420, fog clip fixed, just need a good 2da/spell balancer.

Hosting mod under Action section, Crane's Classic Pvp. A lot more to do to it however this is just a first tentative version. Need to add shop/items that adhere to server item limits etc. Would love a duel tool like the old GS ^^, etc, etc.

- Just playing because bored at this point.

// Crane.

420:

--- Quote from: CraneNWN on July 29, 2012, 04:22:17 PM ---just need a good 2da/spell balancer.

--- End quote ---
Instead of screwing with .2da files you can use the spellhook system to modify or ban spells. I'll start a topic in the GS subforum to discuss changes then put a script together for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version