Guild Wars 2 > Guild Wars 2 General

GW2 Screenshots

<< < (2/14) > >>

Elessar Telrunya:
Screenshots from the stress test today!  All I did for this was world v. world, which was super fun, even though we eventually lost every major battle I was in.

In the middle of storming the central castle in WvW.  There were a lot of people, so the battle was pretty epic, not to mention crazy to keep track of everything coming at me.  You can see a downed enemy by flank (in the middle of all the fire on the bottom half of picture) - there's an option to 'Finish Them', which sends them right from downed to defeated.

The server that held the keep at the time started to regroup and fend us off...

...successfully.

Here's the map view of WvW.  The green dots are nearby allies, which makes finding teammates super useful if you have to respawn at a waypoint.

Afterwards I went back to see if we still had anyway hope in the keep.  Needless to say, we didn't.

Overall impression of World v. World: hella fun.  We lost each major battle I fought in, but each time we made it a little further into the keep (which is absolutely huge).  The defending players had a huge advantage, because it was easy for them to target us from the walls while hiding from our ranged attacks, but we eventually made it through each gate after enough battering.  While we were continually losing battles, I have two major take-aways from the experience.  The first is that the server defending the castle, while winning individual battles, actually started losing the match overall because they ended up focusing all of their energy on defending the central keep, while the other two servers still had people capturing locations in other parts of the map.  Second: even losing a battle can be super fun.  I don't think I've ever experienced a battle of that scope and challenge before.  There was so much going on, and reviving downed allies was so important, because losing just a few people would turn the tide.  The defending team had a few clever players that placed a lot of traps around defeated players, making it harder to revive them.  Of course, reviving them is hard to begin with because you're so vulnerable while doing it.

Anyway, I can't wait to play some more at launch.

Elessar Telrunya:
Another stress test today.  Got to take a picture of the ruins of the Temple of Ages this time.

Mo:
Meet Mo Deathbringer

Elessar Telrunya:
Cool!  I'm done for the day, but I'll see you at launch!

Elessar Telrunya:
Ribs and Enelya meet up in Hoelbrak.  Ene's so tiny next to Ribs!

Sort of an action shot?  Ene's carrying a great sword with the same skin as the fell blade from the first game.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version