Guild Wars 2 > Guild Wars 2 General

GW2 Screenshots

(1/14) > >>

Elessar Telrunya:
I finally remembered to take screen shots!

I'm playing a Sylvari ranger right now.  The race only really affects story, appearance, and starting location, but the ranger is seriously fun to play.  It was a lot easier to unlock skills without having to switch between attunements too, like on the elementalist.

1.  My character by some giant floating rocks.  One of those moments when the environment art just takes my breath away.
2-3.  Those rocks turned out to be climbable, but I don't know what, if anything, was at the top, because the second one was about as far as I could get.
4-5.  Fighting some breeze riders (pesky mesmers in the first game) with my bow and great sword.
6-7.  Aquatic shots from Lion's Arch.  The first one is of the ruins of old LA, the second is a set of docks in the new LA.
8-9.  There are some fairly high elevation points around LA.  The first picture is a Vista point.  They give you a panoramic view of the area, some xp and completion points.  They're often really hard to get to though.  The second is a diving platform in LA.
10.  Reviving a fallen player after an event.
11-12.  More aquatic shots.  No, you can't fight the humpback whale.
13. I just managed to find an aquatic pet.  It took ages to find one, which made fighting underwater really annoying for a while.  It's a blue jellyfish.
14.  A shot of the pale tree, the mother of all Sylvari, in the heart of the Grove.

Mo:
Nice.  Looking forward to getting into the game.

Elessar Telrunya:
You should buy soon and get the 3-day head start.  That way you won't have to worry about making all of the characters you want to use reserved names for at once.  I'm really loving the game so far.  I'll put up a post soon once I organize my thoughts.  Also, I'm playing on the server "Tarnished Coast".  You can guest on other servers, but it'll just be easier if we join the same server.

Meanwhile, more pictures!  I would have had  them up sooner, but I had to file a support ticket to reclaim my photobucket account (the uploads on sm boards aren't very helpful), so I waited.

I started a charr necromancer, but I didn't play very much with it, so this is the only screen shot I have from it.  You can see remnants of the great wall along with some new steelworks built by the charr.

A combat shot for you all (finally).  This is my sylvari ranger executing one of my favorite combos - Flame Trap followed by Whirling Defense shoots flames everywhere.  You can even see a couple of other combos going off of my Flame Trap.  My pet sylvan hound leapt into the field, which game him a fire shield, which burns foes, and it looks like someone shot an arrow through the field and got a burning arrow.

My guildmate and I went back to the jumping puzzle I showed you earlier and managed to finish it.  He did a lot of them this weekend and got really good at spotting the paths through them.  We got an achievement and chest reward when we finished.

A place we found after that jumping puzzle.

These next three shots are from a jumping puzzle in Kryta.  This one had some tricky jumps, but it was super fun.  We actually saw an entire guild working on it together.

Clearly, jumping puzzles are hazardous to your health, as I revive someone who feel a little far on this one.  Also, my sylvan hound can sit on vertical surfaces apparently.

We came out of that jumping puzzle by a village called Wizard's Fief which was near a floating fortress.  It looked pretty badass.  This area is located right around where the Villainy of Galrath quest (that super long one worth 4k xp) takes place in GW1.  I took this during a Vista cinematic of the area.

We stopped to pose for a few pictures, because we thought this place was pretty awesome.

Working on another jumping puzzle in Asura territory.  We didn't finish because the Beta finale was about to start.

So then we waited...

Unfortunately the beta finale was kind of a let down this weekend.  They did a battle royale/hunger games themed team-based elimination match, where we all had shotguns and limited ammo, meanwhile our health slowly declined unless we could eat rations.  Unfortunately they didn't think it through well enough, because after 15 minutes they enabled a death penalty, which meant when you died you came back as a little robot that pooped ammo and could activate shields, which was really, really boring.  My guild mate said that the June beta ended with a battle against zombies, but once you died, you became a zombie and fought against the remaining players, which sounds infinitely more awesome than this beta's finale.

That's all for now!

Mo:
Three day head start only starts late next month.  I'll buy it next month.

Elessar Telrunya:
Not a screenshot, but a very funny video from the beta this weekend.

clicky

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version