Author Topic: "Crotchety Old People"  (Read 8033 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
"Crotchety Old People"
« on: February 17, 2012, 07:48:29 AM »
Well, I tried to give you your rant about old people topic, 420, but instead of the "split topic" function making a new topic, it decided it was better to delete them. Either that or I hit the wrong button, it's human nature to blame the machine.

Fucking machine.

If it's any consolation my memory recalls this: 420 Remembers growing up with Throbble and Cuch, and remembers from when he was 13 an old man waving a cane at him which resulted in his asking his mother to pull over so they could settle their differences. He offered to share more of his dealings with old people as they were ever-present while growing up.

Also, Ivon said something about having an old-people toenail clippings collection. :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: "Crotchety Old People"
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2012, 01:25:58 PM »
First: You are hilarious. It's good to wake up to a hearty laugh in the morning.

Let me clarify a bit, Throbble, cuchulann, and I all grew up in the same area but we didn't actually meet each other until we were all adults. Funny stories related to us all getting to know each other, but that's for another time/thread.

So the story was: When I was 13 my mom was driving me to my school bus stop one morning on a road that had no sidewalk. An old man walking down the road decided we were driving too fast (or too close) and brandished his cane at our Toyota. I told my mom to pull over so I could "talk" to the old fuck. But she surmised my real intentions and refused my request.

I'll post more "Crotchety Old People" stories soon.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2012, 05:22:08 PM »
One day I was sitting at my local bar having lunch and talking video games with the bartender when this old man I've never seen before comes in and sits at the bar next to me. After a few minutes he turns to me, obviously agitated, and says:

"Now, I know that I'm old and my opinion probably doesn't matter, but you shouldn't talk when you are out in public. You go home to talk. Save the talking for home."

I looked at him for a minute then responded: "You're right, your opinion doesn't matter." and continued my conversation with the bartender.

The old man got up and left shortly after when he realized that all the other old men at the bar were staring at him like he had the plague. Good times.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2012, 12:47:06 AM »
One day I was sitting at my local bar having lunch and talking video games with the bartender when this old man I've never seen before comes in and sits at the bar next to me. After a few minutes he turns to me, obviously agitated, and says:

"Now, I know that I'm old and my opinion probably doesn't matter, but you shouldn't talk when you are out in public. You go home to talk. Save the talking for home."

I looked at him for a minute then responded: "You're right, your opinion doesn't matter." and continued my conversation with the bartender.

The old man got up and left shortly after when he realized that all the other old men at the bar were staring at him like he had the plague. Good times.

lol, hilarious.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2012, 02:31:39 PM »
Last week right in front of where I work I saw and old man talking to a pidgeon in the street, dont know if the pidgeon answered him :p

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2012, 08:19:19 PM »
Last week right in front of where I work I saw and old man talking to a pidgeon in the street, dont know if the pidgeon answered him :p
Ew, flying rat!

Yesterday I saw an old man sitting in one of the chairs in front of my local grocery store shooing pigeons away with his cane. There were three birds and more on the way. They kept retreating from the waving cane then advancing again.

I was about half a block away and I couldn't figure out why these pigeons were after this old man who obviously had no intention of feeding them. When I finally got to the store I could see that he was picking at a big cinnamon bun that he had set down on the chair next to him. So the old man just sat there nibbling and waving his cane while the pigeons kept coming and the shoppers dodged past the flailing cane since he was sitting in the chair closest to the entrance.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2012, 08:23:02 PM by 420 »