Author Topic: WTF Superman!?!?  (Read 7517 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
WTF Superman!?!?
« on: June 13, 2011, 11:59:22 PM »
OK, first Superman renounces his US Citizenship and now he took off his undies!!! I find this kind of ironic considering the current scandal involving Anthony Weiner.

What in the hell is up with Superman's new crotch?

« Last Edit: June 14, 2011, 12:00:55 AM by 420 »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: WTF Superman!?!?
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2011, 03:26:05 PM »
The new Superman is weird, and totally emo. lol.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2011, 03:35:38 PM »
Meh,  not a Superman fan.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2011, 08:01:14 PM »
Meh,  not a Superman fan.
Yeah, that's because America annexed Canada. Duh!

But seriously, I was brought up on comics and though I thought Superman was a bit out-of-date, I did appreciate the influence it had on the future of the comic book industry.

Also, when I was a kid, my mom used to let me stay up all night and watch old 1950's Superman TV marathons:
Adventures of Superman Season One Opening Credits (They used a vacuum cleaner to simulate a flying sound.)

Anyway, while I think Superman is pretty fucking cheesy in this day and age, I still appreciate the nostalgia of an immortal, unchanging champion of justice. I went through the whole "Death of Superman" shtick (bought the special edition packaged with the black arm band and all that) and it just went downhill from there until Superman spontaneously rose from the dead. Which was fucking stupid as shit. The Earth's sun (which gives Superman all his powers) can be used to resurrect him, and yet they decide to stick his fucking corpse deep in a tomb. I won't even go into the religious implications.

I could also go on at length about the crossover fights between DC and Marvel (as if Superman could beat the Hulk, pfft!) but I'll leave it at this:
New Coke (wikipedia)
The American public's reaction to the change was poor and the new cola was a major marketing failure. The subsequent reintroduction of Coke's original formula, re-branded as "Coca-Cola Classic", resulted in a significant gain in sales, leading to speculation that the introduction of the New Coke formula was just a marketing ploy.