Author Topic: Sent Stone  (Read 10981 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« on: August 29, 2004, 05:13:08 AM »
I think it's just me but the Sent stone seems a bit of an overkill in most situations. I want to be able to say to the randomer being punished, "read the rules" but they have a tendency to walk away. "Stoning" you might say would be a good way to end this but then they can't read the books or their journal and so on...I'm not sure about this problem yet so I'll let it stew for a while.

A DM has come to my attention about enforcing the summoning rule. I was wondering if we could add Dismissal or Banishment as a Spell Per Day or another use. Again it seems overkill to kill and or daze/stone someone over a simple badger that's not really doing anything anyway. I would rather use the subtly of the Sent Stone as to have a party of people following or running around killing summons.

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2004, 07:32:08 AM »
I usually just kill the summon off and then tell them not to summon, if they do it again daze, etc

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Sent Stone
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2004, 07:36:56 AM »
i agree with bzk.... and for anyone who doesnt know if you daze the summon, the summon will disappear and the owner will be dazed instead....

Lord Elessar

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2004, 07:56:45 AM »
I don't wanna end up stoning someone for NOT interfering with duels, NOT randoming and making a scene because they have a badger or bird. I just think there is an easier way to remove the summons.

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2004, 08:54:59 AM »
Just kill the summon tell them not to do it out of a duel. If thay do it again there bracking 2 rules "summoning out of a duel" and "diaobaying a sent" so you have the right to daze/stone them :lol:  

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2004, 02:04:35 PM »
I think it's just me but the Sent stone seems a bit of an overkill in most situations. I want to be able to say to the randomer being punished, "read the rules" but they have a tendency to walk away. "Stoning" you might say would be a good way to end this but then they can't read the books or their journal and so on...I'm not sure about this problem yet so I'll let it stew for a while.

A DM has come to my attention about enforcing the summoning rule. I was wondering if we could add Dismissal or Banishment as a Spell Per Day or another use. Again it seems overkill to kill and or daze/stone someone over a simple badger that's not really doing anything anyway. I would rather use the subtly of the Sent Stone as to have a party of people following or running around killing summons.
First off, you can still examine your books/journal when you are stoned. Nothing prevents you from opening your inventory and examining items.

Second, the reason Angelita appears when you stone someone is to explain the most common reasons for being stoned. She also suggests reading the rule books and journal. Thanks to Throbblefoot for the Angelita covnersation.

Last, the actual rule is number 10 "Don't randomly cast when not in a duel." However, like most of the rules, if players do it away from the main arena where most people are dueling then it's no problem.

Instead of continually punishing people who summon, you can tell them to go somewhere else like the House of the Bear or the Farm (Newbie Correctional Center).

Also, I recommend that all new sents get stoned at least once to see what the conversation with Angelita is like.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2004, 04:04:41 PM »

First off, you can still examine your books/journal when you are stoned. Nothing prevents you from opening your inventory and examining items.

While stoned you are in cutscene mode...which means you can not do anything except read angelita's convo and listen to people talking around you.  You can not examine your inventory as no bottons will function.

Instead of continually punishing people who summon, you can tell them to go somewhere else like the House of the Bear or the Farm (Newbie Correctional Center).

Stay out of the House of the Bear unless you want to get killed.  Go to Angband or Doriath.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Sent Stone
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 04:09:00 PM »
lol our little vandalism there got to ya didnt it?

i assure you it was pure revenge =)

Lord Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2004, 04:11:15 PM »
While stoned you are in cutscene mode...which means you can not do anything except read angelita's convo and listen to people talking around you.  You can not examine your inventory as no bottons will function.

ooo, that's new! cutscene mode eh? Sneaky Talon. Looks like I'll have to take my own advice and see what being stoned is like now.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2004, 04:48:07 AM »
bus again makes a good point, why not have hold person instead of daze?

Using a spell provided by the stone seems to attract less attention than that of having a melee character running after summons.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2004, 05:30:28 AM by Meclar »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2004, 10:44:05 AM »
The point of daze is to allow the person to be able to walk around and interact with others but not able to do much of anything else.  Hold person wouldn't allow for this.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2004, 01:38:41 PM »
The point of daze is to allow the person to be able to walk around and interact with others but not able to do much of anything else.  Hold person wouldn't allow for this.
I like the daze simply because it stops people from running around like great, hyperactive spasms.

Maybe we should just auto-daze everyone when they first log into GS then remove the daze for the duration of the duel.

Hee hee, maybe I'll do this on my server...

*Diabolical laughter*

Offline AngelsWings

• MSN Messenger - angelswings9@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2004, 01:51:07 PM »
Maybe we should just auto-daze everyone when they first log into GS then remove the daze for the duration of the duel.

*Diabolical laughter*
lol u are crazy!!!  :o  
Angel - Amra [/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']�?�§�?�§TSoGS�?�§�?�§

-Melisa: "mm"

Offline Lance Ezekiel

• MSN Messenger - lanceeze@bigpond.net.au
    • View Profile
    • http://Here :lol:
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2004, 07:10:29 AM »

*Diabolical laughter*

then us sent would have no use :angry:  :lol:  

I Will rule the down-underverse

co Leader of the Ã???ragon Monark Guardians (Ã???mG)

So, to recap, take drugs and sweat...  -420
Balls-Xen

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2004, 11:04:08 AM »
You'd have to remove the daze upon entry to FFA areas and ya I just got this Sent stone don't tell me I'm gonna be useless.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Sent Stone
« Reply #15 on: August 31, 2004, 02:53:27 PM »
The point of daze is to allow the person to be able to walk around and interact with others but not able to do much of anything else.  Hold person wouldn't allow for this.
I like the daze simply because it stops people from running around like great, hyperactive spasms.

*Diabolical laughter*

Already considered on GS a while back.
Taarna didnt like it - she loves randomers - "gives me something to do".

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Sent Stone
« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2004, 07:51:17 AM »
The point of daze is to allow the person to be able to walk around and interact with others but not able to do much of anything else.  Hold person wouldn't allow for this.

*Diabolical laughter*

Already considered on GS a while back.
Taarna didnt like it - she loves randomers - "gives me something to do".
Monks would avoid it. Someone in duel would also be able to undaze other players.
I think it's just ok whit the way it's now, why else sents... Just the rune should kill or knock immume to mindspells players instead of leaving them plot on a daze attempt. The knock special ability is very usefull and seems to work on anything, maybe that on the rune for immume to daze players. Just a suggestion.