Author Topic: Deus Ex: Human Revolution  (Read 17594 times)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Deus Ex: Human Revolution
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2011, 01:07:12 AM »
Finished it and got the Pacifist achievement :)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2011, 11:11:16 AM »
Nice one!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: October 31, 2011, 01:27:30 PM »
Throbblefoot just finished the game and I'm going to play through a 2nd time to try and get this achievement.

Warning: Possible spoilers below.

Question: I know you can go all lethal on the "boss" fights (Typhoon in the house!) but what about the pre-augmentation tutorial mission? Can I kill people there or do I just avoid them?

Also, after the Dragon Lady locks herself in her panic room can I kill the guys who storm in or is that not considered a "boss fight" for the purpose of getting the achievement?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #33 on: October 31, 2011, 01:34:06 PM »
Throbblefoot just finished the game and I'm going to play through a 2nd time to try and get this achievement.

Warning: Possible spoilers below.

Question: I know you can go all lethal on the "boss" fights (Typhoon in the house!) but what about the pre-augmentation tutorial mission? Can I kill people there or do I just avoid them?

Also, after the Dragon Lady locks herself in her panic room can I kill the guys who storm in or is that not considered a "boss fight" for the purpose of getting the achievement?

I'm not 100% certain on these answers but I didn't kill anyone in the tutorial mission and I didn't kill the guys who storm in either.  Basically the only people I was shooting with guns and trying to kill were the 4 bosses.  I also seemed to have killed those augments in the final battle as well by turning off their life support.

PS.  Just downloaded the expansion will be giving that a go soon.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: November 01, 2011, 12:34:30 PM »
Ok so you lose all your augmentation upgrades in the expansion.  So that's seriously lame.  Would be nice to play the same character build in the expansion.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #35 on: November 01, 2011, 01:39:53 PM »
Ok so you lose all your augmentation upgrades in the expansion.  So that's seriously lame.  Would be nice to play the same character build in the expansion.
You didn't know that the DLC is a big reboot? Basically a side-quest completely separate from the main game.

I haven't got it yet but I read a bunch of reviews. I'm waiting for it to go down in price considering the cost to play-time ratio.

Spoiler Alert!

Well, not completely separate. It's supposed to take place when you stow away aboard the ship to Singapore in a stasis pod. I'm pretty sure it was just cut from the original game because it wasn't finished or it didn't really fit in to the flow of the storyline.

So, what happens exactly? You get discovered as a stowaway and have your augments torn out...

Do you have any Praxis points to spend or are you reduced back to level 1?

Throbblefoot says that, from the reviews she read, she thinks you are forced to take specific augmentations. Is that true?

Oh and, I heard that there was a big improvement to both environmental visual effects as well as level design in the DLC. What's your opinion?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #36 on: November 01, 2011, 03:15:50 PM »
You didn't know that the DLC is a big reboot? Basically a side-quest completely separate from the main game.

I haven't got it yet but I read a bunch of reviews. I'm waiting for it to go down in price considering the cost to play-time ratio.

Spoiler Alert!

Well, not completely separate. It's supposed to take place when you stow away aboard the ship to Singapore in a stasis pod. I'm pretty sure it was just cut from the original game because it wasn't finished or it didn't really fit in to the flow of the storyline.

So, what happens exactly? You get discovered as a stowaway and have your augments torn out...

Do you have any Praxis points to spend or are you reduced back to level 1?

Throbblefoot says that, from the reviews she read, she thinks you are forced to take specific augmentations. Is that true?

Oh and, I heard that there was a big improvement to both environmental visual effects as well as level design in the DLC. What's your opinion?

You get 7 praxis points to spend.  I don't have opinions on the last two points there cause I'm not far enough into it.  Haven't noticed much of a difference yet.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: November 01, 2011, 03:38:01 PM »
You get 7 praxis points to spend.  I don't have opinions on the last two points there cause I'm not far enough into it.  Haven't noticed much of a difference yet.
Ah, interesting.

Ooo, another question about the non-lethal achievement. What happens if I take over a turret or robot and it kills someone?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: November 01, 2011, 03:49:33 PM »
Ah, interesting.

Ooo, another question about the non-lethal achievement. What happens if I take over a turret or robot and it kills someone?

Not sure.  I never did it.  My gut tells me you will lose your achievement. 

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #39 on: November 02, 2011, 12:37:25 PM »
Not sure.  I never did it.  My gut tells me you will lose your achievement.
OK, a couple more I came up with:

Did you ever wall punch someone? (That is, use ex-ray vision to see someone through a weak wall and punch through the wall to do a takedown.) I never tried it, but I'm wondering if that's fatal.

Also, does throwing objects (or unconscious people) at other people kill them?

I'll probably try some of this stuff out but I'm wondering what augments to get first for a non-lethal build.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #40 on: November 03, 2011, 01:10:47 PM »
OK, a couple more I came up with:

Did you ever wall punch someone? (That is, use ex-ray vision to see someone through a weak wall and punch through the wall to do a takedown.) I never tried it, but I'm wondering if that's fatal.

Also, does throwing objects (or unconscious people) at other people kill them?

I'll probably try some of this stuff out but I'm wondering what augments to get first for a non-lethal build.

Yep I tried the wall punch.  You kill them when you bust through the wall.  Too bad cause that's a sweet ass move.  I don't think throwing objects at downed people will kill them but if you do just double check to make sure they are still alive.