Author Topic: EA Forum Bans Can Lock You Out Of Games  (Read 4197 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
EA Forum Bans Can Lock You Out Of Games
« on: March 11, 2011, 02:39:19 PM »
As if I needed any more reason to never buy another BioWare game. Check out this article on Rock, Paper, Shotgun:

EA Forum Bans Can Lock You Out Of Games

Glad this doesn't affect NWN because I was once temp banned from BioWare's old forums at the request of an Obsidian douchebag because he was embarrassed about how bad they fucked up NWN2.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: EA Forum Bans Can Lock You Out Of Games
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2011, 02:48:02 PM »
Ya that's pretty bad.  I agree it's lame that you need to be logged into your EA account to play DA.  What if my Internet goes down?  I can't even play games loaded onto my HD.  That includes the Steam games I have as well, unless I'm wrong that you don't need to be logged into Steam to play.

That's the world we live in.  As we saw with Blizzard before, companies will try almost anything to stop people from posting negative comments on their forums.  More reason to keep to unofficial forums like LM :)

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2011, 03:58:10 PM »
You can play Steam games offline, but some won't let you for some reason. :/ That why I have a love/hate relationship with Steam.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, 06:14:45 PM »
I have yet to find many reasons to dislike Bioware, but EA pisses me off.

The shit they did to Spore, both to the game itself and their bullshit anti-piracy attempts. Then you have their bullshit DLC gimmicks and now this? Fuck EA in the ass with a rusty butterknife.... and fuck Microsoft and their Mexican made discs too, they can eat shit. Cocksuckers.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:46 PM »
I have yet to find many reasons to dislike Bioware, but EA pisses me off.

The shit they did to Spore, both to the game itself and their bullshit anti-piracy attempts. Then you have their bullshit DLC gimmicks and now this? Fuck EA in the ass with a rusty butterknife.... and fuck Microsoft and their Mexican made discs too, they can eat shit. Cocksuckers.
Whoa, Hell_Master_Hell and I actually agree on something. Mark the date!