Author Topic: death to mosquitos!  (Read 6673 times)

Offline doofer101

• View Profile
    • http://
death to mosquitos!
« on: August 28, 2004, 02:21:37 PM »
*throws a grenade*

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2004, 02:51:50 PM »
Mosquitos should be exterminated. I mean, WTF is wrong with this planet?!?!? We just allow FLYING HYPODERMIC NEEDLES to go around poking random animals and people!!!

I mean, this is just stupid, mosquitos have NO benefit whatsoever, not to this planet nor its inhabitants! They only exist to spread disease and viruses, they are a plague from the very box of Pandora itself!

Also, why do we let honey bees keep their stingers? We could have bred this out of them years ago and now we can just genetically alter their stock. They are a domesticated animal now, they don't need their own protection because they are a human commodity! Also, we wouldn't have to worry about "africanized" honey bees if we made the no-stinger a dominant trait.

Stupid fucking humans!!! I can't BELIEVE you got me so worked up!!!!! Now I'm going to have to go for a jog around the city and scream at homeless people!!! GOD IT'S HOT!!

« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 02:52:51 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2004, 03:01:11 PM »
if that happens i'll have to start using honey just to stop using it; i absolutly refuse to eat anything that is genetically altered or came from something that is geneticaly altered..... thats the reason i dont eat seedless watermelon.... actually i dont think ive even had seeded watermelon... i'll have to try it....

lord elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2004, 03:36:11 PM »
Remember, there is a difference between genetic alteration and selective breeding/farming.

Seedless watermellon was simply a manipulation of the natural adaptation by selective farming. In fact, almost everything humans consume has been changed by selective breeding/farming over time. It's called domestication and it's the reason that "wild" fruits, vegitables and animals look so different from their domesticated counterparts.

Hell, chickens are basically a mobile vegetable, at this point we bred all the intellegence and strength out of them. Sort of like what society did to humans.

For the most part genetic alteration is too expensive to use on products intended for the general public. Now, recombinant bovine growth hormones are another deal entirely, that shit will turn you INTO a cow! (Just look at most Americans!)

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2004, 03:37:42 PM »
good thing im antisocial =)

Offline -=Zen=-

• View Profile
    • Email
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2004, 03:55:29 PM »
if that happens i'll have to start using honey just to stop using it; i absolutly refuse to eat anything that is genetically altered or came from something that is geneticaly altered..... thats the reason i dont eat seedless watermelon.... actually i dont think ive even had seeded watermelon... i'll have to try it....

lord elessar
Stupid treehugger!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2004, 04:01:45 PM »
stupid mindwasted industrial resource wasting disrespectful cityfool

Offline Aljn

• MSN Messenger - mortuus_0@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Aljn0
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
death to mosquitos!
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2004, 03:01:05 AM »
Actually, Mosquitos exist to provide food to other animals, so in the end they get what they deserve... if they aren't eaten by fish while they're Larvae then they'll be eaten by frogs, lizards, birds etc or they'll get squashed by people, which makes me happy as I despise the little fuckers, too.

-Aljn
I regret that I have but one life to waste on videogames! - Ethan CtrlAltDelete