Author Topic: BioShock Infinite  (Read 6874 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
BioShock Infinite
« on: August 14, 2010, 02:28:07 PM »
I never got BioShock 2 because I heard it was to derivative of the original with a less compelling storyline. But this looks interesting:

BioShock Infinite Announcement Trailer

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: BioShock Infinite
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2010, 03:18:30 PM »
I never got BioShock 2 because I heard it was to derivative of the original with a less compelling storyline. But this looks interesting:

BioShock Infinite Announcement Trailer

Hilarious.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 01:43:58 PM »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 04:29:27 PM »
Bioshock seriously bores me.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2013, 08:52:37 PM »
What a piece of utter trash. I am done with this game.

Allow me to explain.

Visually, the game looks incredible. The storyline runs right up my alley: your character is unfamiliar with his environment and needs to put together the story from clues, dialog, and exploration. The interface is easy to get used to (even after taking a few months off to play other games). And the environment is completely original.

The reason this game fails is because you can't save. Instead there is an autosave at arbitrary points, but it can take hours to get to one and there is no way to tell where they are (especially if you choose to explore all the dialog and environment). After playing for 4 hours this morning I had to leave for a dentist appointment so I left the game running because I didn't have time to find the next autosave. When I came back, I started playing again and got to a really pretty scene so I hit the Print Screen button, forgetting that Steam chokes when you do that and it crashed my game. When i tried to reload I noticed the "continue" option was grayed out.

That makes this only the second game I gave up on out of frustration while still interested in the storyline, visuals, and gameplay. (Daggerfall being the other one.)

Fuck this game,

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 10:17:09 AM »
Noticed you playing it yesterday.  I was in Civ 5 enjoying the new expansion..man that game is hard to put down when you got it going...

I'm surprised by your review..Infinite got nothing but praise...I am more surprised by the way the autosave seems to work.  If it's actually as you described, well ya that's stupid.  How can it be so poorly done?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 09:05:15 PM »
Dunno what was your problem with Bioshock Infinity (I barely played the first 2 for barely an hour or two cos they bored me)
and even though I dont like fps games at all (Borderlands being the only exception until now), Bioshock Infinite had such an epic storyline that I couldnt stop playing, I even enjoyed the gameplay aswell, though I never had those problems with saving when I wanted to stop playing I just closed the game and that was it... So I was either unbelievably lucky or it even autosaves when you exit... or the distance between autosaves its so short I never noticed it... who knows.

In my opinion you should give it a 2nd chance it really does have an impressive epic storyline, I liked it a lot.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 09:31:54 PM »
First Bioshock bored me quickly too.  Didn't try the 2nd cause...just seemed more of the same fps bore fest.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 10:39:06 PM »
I actually liked the first bioshock...Although one of my friends recently said that the only way to properly enjoy the first bioshock was to listen to all of the tapes to get the full story unwrapping, otherwise he thought it was boring. That's a shame. I was looking forward to getting Bioshock Infinite when I had the cash to spare. I don't generally have significant chunks of time to devote to playing.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2013, 12:28:40 AM »
Dunno what was your problem with Bioshock Infinity (I barely played the first 2 for barely an hour or two cos they bored me)
and even though I dont like fps games at all (Borderlands being the only exception until now), Bioshock Infinite had such an epic storyline that I couldnt stop playing, I even enjoyed the gameplay aswell, though I never had those problems with saving when I wanted to stop playing I just closed the game and that was it... So I was either unbelievably lucky or it even autosaves when you exit... or the distance between autosaves its so short I never noticed it... who knows.

In my opinion you should give it a 2nd chance it really does have an impressive epic storyline, I liked it a lot.
Did you play it on PC or console?

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2013, 12:03:31 PM »
I only played the first one on demo. I was greatly disappointed in the judgement call of your char so early in the game. "Wow, this party was so off the hook that they left their smack, with a needle the size of an icepick, only partly used lying on the floor, let's try some for no reason at all!" *stab* Honestly a junkie that strung out that he would try something like that with no prompting could never have found their way onto an airplane in the first place.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2013, 03:52:56 PM »
I have no consoles, I played the PC version but non steam.
And like I said I got bored by the first 2 bioshocks as well... This new one is much better in my opinion

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2013, 11:33:39 AM »
I only played the first one on demo. I was greatly disappointed in the judgement call of your char so early in the game. "Wow, this party was so off the hook that they left their smack, with a needle the size of an icepick, only partly used lying on the floor, let's try some for no reason at all!" *stab* Honestly a junkie that strung out that he would try something like that with no prompting could never have found their way onto an airplane in the first place.

That judgment call will make total sense later in the game.