Author Topic: Comcast reforms  (Read 7817 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Comcast reforms
« on: April 19, 2010, 09:53:01 PM »
This thinga-ma-jig arrived in the mail today.  I held out for as long as I could.  Last week they cut our 40 (watchable channels not like home shopping channels, Spanish and sports channels) down to about 20.  I have a twenty year old 12 inch tube TV. What's the point?

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Comcast reforms
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2010, 02:45:45 AM »
Do you get internet through them? At least they're not throttlers. Not known to be, anyway.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2010, 01:47:30 PM »
We got our converter box about a year ago. We got an old CRT tv with rabbit ears (just enough to watch Simpsons) and I was amazed at how many new channels we got. Like every channel has sub channels now so it's like:

9-1 Antiques Roadshow
9-2 Sherlock Holmes
9-3 BBC World News

Fucking cool,

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
Yeah we get internet with Comcast so there's a package deal.  I went 4 years without TV and when I started watching TV again I quickly realized that what they were running before was still on but run 4 times a day.  Seinfeld 4 times a day, seriously, shut it down.  The same post apocalyptic and monster/ghost crap on the History channel. You go through the news in the morning they play the SAME stories mainly because they're all Massachusetts based stations but they run the same stories at the same time and cover the same shit that the 24 hours news channels run. I watch at least two shows at once but usually 3 because I hate fucking commercial breaks and so when between 2 shows there's at least two times during a 30 minute time slot that the breaks match up.  People hate watching TV with me.

So we gotta hook them all up at once and call Comcast so they can "turn them on".  I like the remote though, it's small.  The one I use now has all these closed caption options and picture options all around the number pad.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2010, 02:49:17 PM »
That's a fairly low tech remote for comcast.  Ours has a multitude of buttons on it.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2010, 09:34:18 PM »
I have satellite and DVR/Tivo. Never had that problem. I only know what you're talking about because I'd watch late night shows in my bedroom when I was a kid since there was no satellite hooked up to my tv.

I personally hate Seinfeld, I think it's terrible. Frasier too. The only show I liked was Married with Children and the Simpsons, Futurama, and other cartoons. I still like Married with Children but I don't watch it, and I don't mind any of those cartoons from time to time, but they don't interest me and I don't watch them.

I don't usually watch TV in general, I watch movies on movie stations when they have new ones and some television series when they're in season. Flashforward, True Blood, and Spartacus: Blood and Sand are the major ones I watch when they're in season. Spartacus just ended, Flashforward has some episodes of the season left yet, True Blood starts again in July. I also occasionally follow V, Cougar Town, and Eastwick if they're on when I'm flippin' channels, or if they're recording, but I don't care if I miss episodes or anything. It rocks that I can have it record new episodes of the ones I do watch and have it protect them to stop them from getting skipped though. So for the TV I do watch, I don't have to watch it when it comes on, I can watch it whenever I want and fast forward through any commercials.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 23, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2010, 09:36:17 PM »