Author Topic: Shutter Island  (Read 7957 times)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Shutter Island
« on: March 06, 2010, 10:07:48 PM »
This movie sucks

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Shutter Island
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:39 AM »
Really? hehe any particular reason?  I just saw Alice in Wonderland.  Fun, but only a one time affair.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2010, 03:41:35 AM »
Really? hehe any particular reason?  I just saw Alice in Wonderland.  Fun, but only a one time affair.
I have written off the new Alice movie as something i might see if coaxed. Partially because i was unimpressed by the trailer and add a heaping spoonful of the garbage 3D. I saw Avatar in 3d and it made my eyes hurt. Avatar, aside from the bug eyed pain was better than I expected. Tim Burton can make some neat eye candy but I have yet to see him make a film that can give you a visual treat and mess with your head at the same time like Terry Giliam can.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2010, 03:39:09 PM »
I didn't see it in 3D.  One of my friends doesn't like it cause it makes her head hurt.  It was a different story than the original Alice in Wonderland, same characters different plot.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2010, 05:00:29 PM »
I didn't see it in 3D.  One of my friends doesn't like it cause it makes her head hurt.  It was a different story than the original Alice in Wonderland, same characters different plot.

It's kind of a sequel. Like Alice coming back to Wonderland. That  is what I've heard at least.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2010, 07:36:17 PM »
It's kind of a sequel. Like Alice coming back to Wonderland. That  is what I've heard at least.
That would be "Through the Looking Glass".

I believe this is supposed to be a 3rd story, post Alice's Adventures in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass. BTW the Disney version is a combination of the first two books and does neither justice.