Author Topic: Fallout: New Vegas  (Read 8051 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Fallout: New Vegas
« on: February 04, 2010, 01:16:33 PM »
The first trailer for Fallout: New Vegas has been posted. Game is being developed by Obsidian (for some odd reason) and should be released in Fall 2010.

Fallout: New Vegas Trailer

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Re: Fallout: New Vegas
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2010, 06:50:52 PM »
The first trailer for Fallout: New Vegas has been posted. Game is being developed by Obsidian (for some odd reason) and should be released in Fall 2010.

Fallout: New Vegas Trailer

Hahah Obsidian Strikes Back1!!!! run for the hillls !

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2010, 06:52:06 PM »
That trailer reminded me of Vigilante 8 on playstation

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:32:33 AM »
Nooooooo!!! Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!Fuck!..  Etc...
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:44:31 AM »
Why do they pass off the job of making sequels to good games to Obsidian???

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 07:12:18 PM »
Why do they pass off the job of making sequels to good games to Obsidian???
The only reason I can think of is to kill a franchise. So far Obsidian has assassinated the KotOR and NWN franchises. Let's hope that Fallout Online (FOOL) will keep the genre alive since it's being developed by the new Interplay despite legal protests by Bethesda.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 07:15:27 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 01:33:47 PM »
This press release lists a bunch of the voice actors for New Vegas.

Some of the more notable ones:

Ron Perlman (Hellboy) returns to voice the narrator

Michael Dorn (Worf) reprises his role as Marcus, an intelligent super mutant, who was last seen in 1998’s Fallout® 2

Felicia Day is Veronica (Dr. Horrible and The Guild)

Matthew Perry (Friends) plays Benny, a smooth-talking, two faced gangster

Rene Auberjonois (Odo) as the enigmatic and reclusive Mr. House

Kris Kristofferson as Chief Hanlon

Wayne Newton takes on the role as "Mr. New Vegas," the radio DJ of the Mojave Wasteland

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 07:16:13 PM »

Some of the more notable ones:

Rene Auberjonois (Odo) as the enigmatic and reclusive Mr. House

Odo is notable?  Has he done anything other than Deep Space Nine?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 08:29:45 PM »
Notable? NOTABLE?!?! Star Trek rules you!

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2010, 10:55:25 PM »
He was also on the sitcom "Benson", played Father Mulcahy on the movie version of M.A.S.H., and he voiced Louis the chef in Little Mermaid.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2010, 09:02:06 AM »
Odo is notable?  Has he done anything other than Deep Space Nine?

Odo rules.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: August 11, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »
He had a cool back story and I enjoyed him on the show but he's pretty obscure.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »
You've never seen the Patriot I take it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
The first DLC for Fallout: New Vegas, "Dead Money", has been announced. It will be released on December 21 (XBox only), almost 2 months to the day it was released. Is it just me or does that sound like it was just something cut at the last minute because they were getting to close to the release deadline?

Anyway, read more about it here: BETHESDA SOFTWORKS REVEALS DETAILS FOR FIRST FALLOUT®: NEW VEGAS™ DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT

Like Fallout 3 I'll just wait for the Game of the Year edition to come out then drop in price so I can just get all the DLCs in one tidy package.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2010, 06:55:24 PM »
Have I ever told you that DLC pisses me off? Yeah... I believe I have.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2010, 10:17:20 AM »
I like DLC.  It's my way of rewarding the developer for a good game.  I bought just about all the DLC for DA:O and Mass Effect 2.  Though they did vary widely in how good they were individually.

For example the Golem's DLC for DA:O was excellent were as the more expensive final DLC, Witch, was crap.

Civ5 released DLC but I ain't going to buy anything extra for that game.

PS: Going to pre-order DA2 and the Witcher 2 is up for pre-order as well, probably will get that one, though I didn't play the first game.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2010, 10:19:00 AM by Mo »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2010, 12:37:46 PM »

PS: Going to pre-order DA2 and the Witcher 2 is up for pre-order as well, probably will get that one, though I didn't play the first game.
I played through a large portion of The Witcher, but much like the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series, those European RPGs are hardcore. Lots of crafting, lots of ethically ambiguous decisions, super complicated combat mechanics, and some ridiculously difficult boss battles.

That being said, I did enjoy The Witcher for the time that I played, but after a plot twist it just got a little boring because you are forced to take a lengthy break from the main storyline. I beat the first STALKER game and was impressed by the multiple endings you could choose from, like Deus Ex you can choose any of the endings at the end of the game. The second STALKER (Clear Sky) was a lot of fun at first and I reached the final area when I discovered that I had completely skipped a major new mechanic/storyline, the Faction Wars. Well, I didn't have a save game from before the point of no return so I restarted the game from the very beginning and got to the part where the Faction War starts and it turns out to be a tedious bug-ridden nightmare, so yeah, I never finished that.

That said, if you are willing to dedicate a month or two of solid play, don't get distracted by anything with a storyline like another RPG or a novel, then Witcher 2 should be right up your alley.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2010, 04:40:11 PM »
Sounds like fun! 

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2010, 07:16:44 PM »
I like DLC.  It's my way of rewarding the developer for a good game.  I bought just about all the DLC for DA:O and Mass Effect 2.  Though they did vary widely in how good they were individually.

For example the Golem's DLC for DA:O was excellent were as the more expensive final DLC, Witch, was crap.

Civ5 released DLC but I ain't going to buy anything extra for that game.

I wouldn't have a problem with it if it didn't cost so much. It's ridiculous spending more on DLC than you bought the game for. I bought all the DL?C for Mass Effect, Mass Effect 2, and Dragon Age: Origins. At the very least, the cost of the dlc should go down over time, like the game does. But guess what? It doesn't. Not usually anyway.

Here's a good example, I bought Borderlands for 29.99 and with free shipping so it was pretty much a straight $30. The 4 DLC packs costed me 2400 Microsoft points, which is equivalent to $40. Which happens to be the same value of Microsoft points needed to buy the game on live. Oh, and one of the DLC packages sucked and didn't even have half the content of any one of the other three, which is pretty lame considering it costs the same amount they do. It's download size was even less than half of the size most of the others were. Unless the DLC is like a whole new game there's no reason it should cost just as much (or more) as the original game. Hell, even if they did double the play time of the game with DLC they still already had most of the content done, it's not like they're making a whole new game!

All I am saying is that it needs to be priced more accordingly and reasonably. 800 Microsoft points may not seem like much, but that's $10 for one DLC. That's equivalent to a third of the price I paid for Borderlands but it is not equal to a third of the game. I would happily spend $20 on 4 DLC, but I do so grudgingly at $40.