Author Topic: What is everyone playing  (Read 190682 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is everyone playing
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2014, 11:40:08 AM »
Finally bought Bioshock Infinite a couple weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to starting it...yeah, definitely wish I had the option to save when I wanted.
Yeah, it seems like it autosaves more often once you get, maybe, 50% through the game. But starting out, you can go a couple hours before you get a save. I've left it running for a couple hours just so I could get some lunch and run a few chores.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 27, 2014, 02:13:56 AM »
Aside from that I am really enjoying the game. And yeah, the saves are becoming more frequent now.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #212 on: January 27, 2014, 11:28:55 AM »
Aside from that I am really enjoying the game. And yeah, the saves are becoming more frequent now.
Throbble thought the game was a little gruesome, especially the melee attacks, but I don't mind blood and gore. She didn't actually play the game but once in awhile she would look over at my screen as I was burying the skyhook in someones face or using it to twist their heads around and she'd say, "Holy fuck that game is violent."

« Last Edit: January 27, 2014, 11:32:16 AM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 27, 2014, 02:14:53 PM »
I think the melee attacks are the only really gruesome combat parts, but they're just so effective! There are definitely some really gory scenes that I have walked into though. I also love how there are definitely some skyrail loops that are clearly only there to use in battles and serve absolutely no other function to the city.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #214 on: January 28, 2014, 01:44:21 AM »
Mid Oct was full release for Path of Exile, shortly thereafter (28th) Assassin's Creed 4: Black Flag came out. I got it release day for 360 and it completely stole my focus, I played the shit out of it and beat everything I could and when I was done I decided to extend my PoE break so I could finish games I've started.

Since then I went back to:
--Saints Row 4: finished everything and bought and beat all the dlc, (at the time)
--Dragons Dogma: (took almost a month) went back to it and beat it and everything I could find in it to beat, with the exception of a few odds and ends and the bitterblack isle expansion which I started but didn't finish.
--Skyrim: Finally got back to Skyrim, finished the main storyline and a billion sidequests, still not finished, stopped to play...
--Sleeping Dogs: Got it free on xbox live, pretty good game, started it, finished it, beat basically everything

And now, finally I am back to Path of Exile, after like a 3 month break. :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #215 on: January 31, 2014, 10:03:24 PM »
Just pre-ordered "South Park: The Stick of Truth" from Steam. Includes some bonus content in the form of outfits that give bonuses.

Sweet.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #216 on: February 01, 2014, 06:28:26 PM »
Haven't been gaming much myself lately.  Been building computers and setting up networks ..which is always fun :)

Think I might play a little Skyrim with improved graphics ability of my new kick ass video card (Asus R9 290X muhaha)..will be upgrading monitors to 27'' soon...

Also picked up Kingdom of Amalur on Steam for $6.  It's on 75% off sale now so pick it up for a few bucks.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #217 on: February 01, 2014, 09:02:26 PM »
Haven't been gaming much myself lately.
I hear that if you game yourself too much you go blind.

Also picked up Kingdom of Amalur on Steam for $6.  It's on 75% off sale now so pick it up for a few bucks.
I saw this and I love Todd McFarlane (except Spawn, which was just fucking stupid) and R.A. Salvatore, but this game just looks like every other RPG. Frankly, I'm getting tired of RPGs. I'm hoping for a Planescape: Torment Enhanced Edition so I can get back to the basics. I recently bought Final Fantasy 7 from GOG for Throbble because we were talking about how shitty modern RPGs are and how cool FF7 was.

So, Mo, let me know what you think of Amalur. I don't mind buying it at full price if you think it's worth it. (Only 40 hours left for the deal!)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #218 on: February 01, 2014, 09:13:56 PM »
I hear that if you game yourself too much you go blind.

Lies...all lies.

So, Mo, let me know what you think of Amalur. I don't mind buying it at full price if you think it's worth it. (Only 40 hours left for the deal!)

Well for $6 how can you go wrong!? lol I've bought the Witcher 1+2 for $10 last year and have not even installed it yet...Bought Tombraider for $10 too haven't played that yet either lol

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #219 on: February 05, 2014, 12:29:07 AM »
Finished Bioshock: Infinite...I may need time to process that. I seriously wish all game developers put that much time and energy into telling a compelling story. I'll probably replay it eventually.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #220 on: February 05, 2014, 07:32:09 PM »
Just started Loadout. It's a free to play 3rd person arena shooter. As you progress through levels you can mix up the guns you use to have different effects. There are a lot of cosmetic extras that you get from paying real money but none of it will actually change the gameplay for you. However you can win some of the extras as you play. I got one of the pants today as a random reward for playing. Oh and the game has a lot of comedic gore.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #221 on: February 05, 2014, 08:09:09 PM »
Finished Bioshock: Infinite...I may need time to process that. I seriously wish all game developers put that much time and energy into telling a compelling story. I'll probably replay it eventually.

I found it helpful to read the wiki article about it. It gives you a bit deeper insight into what the fuck was going on.

Anyway, I was out of town earlier this week, looking for a game to play on my Android phone, when I remembered that Deus Ex: The Fall was released near the end of January. The controls take some getting used to (still getting used to them) and the game crashes once in awhile and makes my phone hot. But, the graphics and sound are amazing and I can't believe how complex the interface is, while not getting in the way of the view.

I need to get new ear buds, however, as my current ones interfere with the most comfortable way to hold the game (flipping the phone doesn't flip the display). I think the stereo sound would really enhance the stealth aspect of the game as you can tell which directions voices and other sounds are coming from.

Most reviews describe the The Fall as "Deus Ex: Human Revolution Lite", which I can see. You aren't the same character but the story seems to remotely tie into the events going on in HR. It's $5.99 on Google Play and it looks like there will be future content that progresses the plot further.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2014, 08:22:53 PM by 420 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #222 on: February 06, 2014, 01:16:27 PM »
Tried out Loadout this morning. Pretty easy to get the hang of and very funny death animations. Standard 15 minute team objective based arena. I've seen some pretty interesting weapon combinations, like a mini electric rocket carpet bombing launcher. It will be fun to experiment with them once I unlock more of the mods.

Anyway, I sent a friend request to RedshirtEffect (Cuchulann). I'm JoeFixit. If anyone else wants to try this game out, post send us invites.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #223 on: February 08, 2014, 03:28:38 PM »
Put together a new Fire and Forget gun on Loadout today. Here's what it looks like and what it does. Next step is to upgrade it to 6 rockets on a 3 shot trigger.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 03:32:15 PM by cuchulann »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #224 on: February 09, 2014, 11:24:33 PM »
If I wasn't busy playing Dead Island which I got for free with Xbox Gold membership, I would have noticed your post about Kingdoms, 420. I bought it when it first came out and played the piss out of it, I also got one DLC and played a lot of that as well. I remember really enjoying the game and for $6 definitely would have said to pick it up. However, it is very much an RPG it is quite long if you do everything and I personally got bored midway and never got back to it. I also remember some of the lore and whatnot regarding elves and humans to be very weird and confusing and difficult to keep track of or even understand for that matter, but I nonetheless recommend picking the game up and giving it a shot, especially at a low price.

Dead Island: Awesome zombie game, by the way.

I just bought Fable Anniversary yesterday. I beat the living piss out of Fable II and Fable III and previously bought the original Fable arcade version for 360 a long time ago, and I had started it a little bit but was distracted by other games and couldn't get over the older graphics, but I really wanted to try the first one for a long time even before the second one came out and I had heard so much about it. So this new remastered version is quite an exciting prospect for me. I just have to try really hard to finish Dead Island with one character before starting something new, otherwise I might leave something unfinished.

I am also playing Warriors Orochi, which I never had a chance to try out until now. I love Dynasty and Samurai, so I knew I would enjoy it and I do, but as with all warriors games I almost never play the entire game at once. They are so easy to walk away from and so easy come back to without feeling lost when you return.

Oh also still playing Path of Exile, of course.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2014, 06:54:18 PM »
I've been having fun playing the new Thief game by Square Enix since it came out Tuesday. I think they did a pretty good job rebooting the series. It still feels like a Thief game to me. It jumps into story/plot a lot faster than the old games did. The pure steal this or steal x amount of whatever quests are almost all side jobs.

Occasionally there are slightly odd inconsistencies. At the point in the game I'm at, the Graven have taken over several districts of the city, but they're just as hostile to me as the guards are, even though the first several missions involve helping their leader. And in another mission, you have the option of overloading the vents of a brothel with opium so that everyone passes out, but then you'll still observe major NPCs having conversations through peepholes after that. That particular trick was also poorly implemented...instead of just having all of the NPCs fall asleep, they wait until you're within a certain distance and get knocked out like you hit them with a blackjack. It took me a while to figure out why I kept hearing random screams...consequently when I finished the mission the game told me I took out about 30 more people than I actually did.

Still, lots of fun.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #226 on: March 05, 2014, 12:01:15 PM »
Not a goddamn thing, because life has a way of kicking you in the nuts for fun.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #227 on: March 05, 2014, 02:02:04 PM »
Pretty much just playing WoW and random games here and there.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #228 on: March 06, 2014, 12:25:52 PM »

What's wrong man?  Wanna talk about it :)

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #229 on: March 09, 2014, 12:17:22 PM »

Yep.

One step forward, two steps back these last few months...

:\
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #230 on: May 05, 2014, 10:00:02 AM »
What's wrong man?  Wanna talk about it :)
Wife employed deception to take off, bringing my daughter with her. Asked for answers, got none. Received a loaded glock to the face, trespassing charge, and went to jail. No contact order put in place by court which then completely prevented me from seeing my daughter despite having done nothing wrong. Court fees and fines. Wife not understanding what no-contact actually means, and messing around instead of removing it. Over two months and I finally just now saw my daughter for the first time Saturday. Divorce of course.  Attorney fees, measuring $10K atm. for both criminal charge and dissolution. Watching my daughter suffer due to wife's selfishness. 30 pages of document I've written every time I have something to say to her, she'll receive it when the no-contact order is lifted. Work being x10 stressful to be the rotten cherry on the tip of the moldy whip cream.
She's completely broke, staying with her parents (the in-laws I moved up here last year. I bought their uhaul, gas, and everything, including housing them for 3 months until they got their own place. Father-in-law is the one who pointed loaded (and cocked) gun in face, despite my mellow demeanor) and she's wanting to come over to my place while I had my daughter Saturday and just stay outside? As if that's not a violation of the order that she clearly doesn't understand. She also wants help from me, for food and money and things for our daughter, and yet the problem is still the order that she has the power to remove.

That is the extremely summed up version with many details left out. Most of those details are just like the things I've already listed or further elaborations of them. In other words, "wtf!?" Yeah...

Yep.

One step forward, two steps back these last few months...

:\
Tell me about it.

Anyway, I am now playing and have been playing the following:
CraftTheWorld
Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
Tropico 4
The Guild II
East India Company
Deponia
Chaos on Deponia
Broken Sword 1
Broken Sword 2

Soon:
Empire: Total War
Sang-Froid - Tales of Werewolves
Shadowrun Returns
Dark Souls: Prepare to Die Edition
Portal 2
Goodbye Deponia
East India Company: Battle of Trafalgar/Pirate Bay/Privateer
The Guild II: Pirates of the European Seas/Renaissance

That's it for now.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #231 on: July 17, 2014, 01:11:36 AM »
Just got Shadowrun Returns on steam for my birthday. Pretty neat so far. The current story is an old fashioned, film noir, detective style. But I am a dwarf who hacks all kinds of computers for a living. The look and gameplay is very much like infinity engine games, especially Fallout with turn based combat and add a dash of x-com for tactical positioning behind cover. I'll give it a starting score of 5 out of 6 bullets form my .38. I'm saving the last one for a "special occasion."

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #232 on: July 17, 2014, 08:49:14 AM »
I have that. Yet to play it though.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #233 on: July 18, 2014, 11:54:29 AM »
Just got Shadowrun Returns on steam for my birthday.

I remember Shadowrun, though I never played it. Probably had too many games on my plate when it came out. New one looks cool though, I think I'll pick it up.

Happy Birthday!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #234 on: July 18, 2014, 10:59:37 PM »
Not playing yet, but my next game will be the new Divinity title in a couple of weeks.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #235 on: July 19, 2014, 12:23:55 PM »
Not playing yet, but my next game will be the new Divinity title in a couple of weeks.
I know someone who got in on the beta for that game. I'll get some feedback from him next time I see him.

EDIT: Here is a link to the site: http://www.divinityoriginalsin.com/

Watched the video on the main page and it appears that there is a toolset?!?!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2014, 12:27:20 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #236 on: July 19, 2014, 03:19:32 PM »
I put this game on my Steam wishlist some time back... but 420 appears to be correct... um, that's basically a no questions asked purchase for me if there's a good toolset...

Godspire is back?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #237 on: July 20, 2014, 12:52:01 AM »
There's a toolset.  Yes.  Is it good? No clue.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #238 on: July 20, 2014, 02:49:22 AM »
I see two potential problems with the GodSpire aspect: Turn based combat and the fact that the only multiplayer aspect advertised is coop.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #239 on: July 20, 2014, 10:11:31 AM »
I probably knew all that when I added it to my wishlist a couple of months ago, but I forgot. lol.

Man, no Godspire. :(

We need a good game with a good toolset and the right kind of gameplay... NEXT!!!