Author Topic: What is everyone playing  (Read 191012 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is everyone playing
« Reply #180 on: September 20, 2013, 06:26:29 PM »
I liked the look of this but I'm fussy. I want less combat options in my FPS.  Point and click will do, not all those gadgets and tripod guns.
Ah, OK, I was going to also suggest "Deus Ex: Human Revolution", but that's all about combat options and gadgets.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #181 on: September 21, 2013, 08:52:45 AM »
Playing about the same list as last time give or take one.

Atm, mostly Path of Exile
Full release coming SOON! Act 3 part 2 will come out and several more additions/changes. New shit just about every week keeps me amped. Gotta play it very casually though, to make time for other games.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: September 28, 2013, 01:13:38 PM »
Haven't had time lately to check out Saints Row but looking good for tomorrow.  Are any of you behind one game collectively?  Playing together?  I'd like to get into something online multiplayer for the winter.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #183 on: September 28, 2013, 01:43:54 PM »
Haven't had time lately to check out Saints Row but looking good for tomorrow.  Are any of you behind one game collectively?  Playing together?  I'd like to get into something online multiplayer for the winter.

When you get Saints Row 4 make sure you also get the GAT V DLC. It's got a Gatling gun that shoots Bowie knives. It's my favorite weapon. I've played all the way through twice and I'm currently working on completing all the challenges and getting all the achievements. If you see me on Steam I'd be up for some co-op anytime.

Neverwinter and Diablo 3 are the only multiplayer online games I'm playing right now, and I'm not playing much of either because no one else is on. I'm hoping the upcoming expansion will bring people back to Diablo 3, but that won't come out until next year.

I was thinking about Star Trek Online, you get your own ship.

Other than that I don't see any new games coming out in the near future that I want to play.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: October 01, 2013, 08:54:19 PM »
Some how I got diverted from Saints Row to Neverwinter. Downloading it now and holy shit its free.  I didn't know the creators of Perfect World were behind it.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: October 02, 2013, 11:03:23 AM »
Some how I got diverted from Saints Row to Neverwinter. Downloading it now and holy shit its free.  I didn't know the creators of Perfect World were behind it.
Make sure you are on the Mindflayer server. That's what we're all on.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #186 on: October 06, 2013, 10:38:24 AM »
Well I moved over the weekend so I'll be on hiatus until I get the internet in a couple of weeks.  I'll be back!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #187 on: October 06, 2013, 11:54:48 AM »
Try Path of Exile, it's an arpg like Diablo. A lot of creativity can be put into making your builds and crafting items. Full release is coming in 17 days with a 7th character class, new skills new quests and much more. Best part is, it's free to play and there's no "pay-to-win" just cosmetic microtransactions. :)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: October 17, 2013, 06:31:36 PM »
Playing XCOM now.  Man a good game, but it's is pretty difficult.  I'm playing on Classic difficulty.  It's a very unforgiving game with a RNG that I think is a bit fucked up.  Had me yelling at my screen a few times.

Anyway excellent fun none the less.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #189 on: October 26, 2013, 07:12:22 PM »
Throbbblefoot is currently playing a game called "The Stanley Parable", and I've been watching.

It's a bit of a mind fuck which I am always into. Throbble's played through it four times now and it's just getting weirder because each time you play through you learn more about what's going on. So, beating the game is extremely easy, but figuring out what the hell is happening requires multiple playthroughs. Different decisions may or may not produce different results.

So, the storyline: You are Stanley, an office worker who shows up to work one day and notices that the office building is entirely empty. There is no combat, there are no NPCs, and there is definitely no jumping! The only thing there is, is a narrator who tells the story of Stanley and all you have to do to win the game is follow the narrators directions...

Throbble and I decided the closest comparison would be the game Obsidian: Obsidian TV Commercial on YouTube

The Stanley Parable is available for $14.99 on Steam.

Click here to see The Stanley Parable Launch Trailer on YouTube

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: October 27, 2013, 02:40:21 AM »
Path of Exile - > New class and new skills!! Release day was Wednesday! Playing the new Scion class in Domination League.
Halo 4 - > Mostly wargames and spartan ops

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: December 20, 2013, 08:24:36 PM »
Merry Christmas from my "The Simpsons: Tapped Out" town!

If anyone else plays this Throbble and I can sure use some friends to give presents to right now.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #192 on: December 21, 2013, 12:15:04 PM »
Merry Christmas!  No I don't play any mobile games :)

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: December 27, 2013, 07:59:31 PM »
I tried the new Neverwinter game and found it disappointing. The overall artwork isn't what I'm looking for combined with the lack of control over, well, control, like not being able to zoom the camera and having to use alt to toggle the ability to interact with my interface.  The interface has so much going on and yeah I know I can customize it  - but they also throw in the art elements to further clutter it.

Oh I should mention that when I tried to log in, nothing happened.  I searched online and found that I had to open the game from my Program Files directly.  Then when I filled the two free character slots I wanted to see how much a new slot would cost and yet again when I clicked on the "buy character slot" nothing happened.

And why put me into Neverwinter right away?  It was driving me nuts that there were so many people and I'm trying to find my way through the city with no clue as to what was worth interacting with on top of the laggy connection (I know it's not the developers problem) but the intensity of all the graphics didn't help.

I'm not sure if it's an incongruity issue or not but I noticed that the tutorial brought me to the outside entrance of the city, then entering the gate put me well beyond the entrance of the city.

Part of it is already knowing (from playing other MMORPGs) that there's so much to interact with, there's so much crafting material and weapons and mechanics that it's just overwhelming to dump it all on the player at what seems like all at once.

Yet all that I did enjoy playing the control wizard.  The frost effect was cool combined with the teleport ability to craftily dodge away from that huge boss on the bridge in the tutorial and guess what happens?  The fucker turned and ran from me and instantly healed back to 100% wtf...

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #194 on: December 28, 2013, 08:25:36 AM »
Yeah, the game was garbage unfortunately. They should have just made a NWN 3. And it should have went back to Bioware so it would have been done correctly.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #195 on: December 28, 2013, 12:46:18 PM »
Throbble and I stopped playing Neverwinter once we made it through the main storyline. I don't even remember what the storyline was but we never got to fight the main bad guy (female lich). Not sure what that was all about. And we never tried any of the big dungeons because it requires a "full party" of however many people.

When the various expansions were released (Feywild etc.) we didn't even bother to look at them.

I still log in once a day to invoke and I use the phone app interface to level my crafters but that's just because I'm OC.

I got Borderlands 2 GotY for Christmas so that's what I'm playing right now.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: December 28, 2013, 06:35:16 PM »
I tried the new Neverwinter game and found it disappointing. The overall artwork isn't what I'm looking for combined with the lack of control over, well, control, like not being able to zoom the camera and having to use alt to toggle the ability to interact with my interface.  The interface has so much going on and yeah I know I can customize it  - but they also throw in the art elements to further clutter it.

Oh I should mention that when I tried to log in, nothing happened.  I searched online and found that I had to open the game from my Program Files directly.  Then when I filled the two free character slots I wanted to see how much a new slot would cost and yet again when I clicked on the "buy character slot" nothing happened.

And why put me into Neverwinter right away?  It was driving me nuts that there were so many people and I'm trying to find my way through the city with no clue as to what was worth interacting with on top of the laggy connection (I know it's not the developers problem) but the intensity of all the graphics didn't help.

I'm not sure if it's an incongruity issue or not but I noticed that the tutorial brought me to the outside entrance of the city, then entering the gate put me well beyond the entrance of the city.

Part of it is already knowing (from playing other MMORPGs) that there's so much to interact with, there's so much crafting material and weapons and mechanics that it's just overwhelming to dump it all on the player at what seems like all at once.

Yet all that I did enjoy playing the control wizard.  The frost effect was cool combined with the teleport ability to craftily dodge away from that huge boss on the bridge in the tutorial and guess what happens?  The fucker turned and ran from me and instantly healed back to 100% wtf...

NWN is basically a cookie cutter MMORPG which is a gaming model I do not find very fun for very long.

I've been playing League of Legends and Civ 5 recently.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #197 on: December 28, 2013, 06:55:04 PM »
NWN is basically a cookie cutter MMORPG which is a gaming model I do not find very fun for very long.

I've been playing League of Legends and Civ 5 recently.
My nephew brought up League of Legends at Christmas. What's the deal with that game. (He's still a little too young to explain himself properly.)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: December 29, 2013, 03:00:47 AM »
I have recently beat Xcom pre-expansion on classic but can't get the achievement because the game crashes before the final cutscene. Need to see about a work around for it as I went into the last fight lacking a few of usual end stats and gear for my team.
 I have a method for the final area that has not failed yet not including game crashes. Have 2 Squad Sight, Double Tap snipers behind the last barricade. Move one soldier up to the corner of the first platform beyond the door to spot the Uber Etherial and activate the penultimate cutscene.  Then kill that Uber with sniper shots. The second shot from the first sniper usually back fires but that is why you have another sniper to finish the job.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 03:04:27 AM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #199 on: December 29, 2013, 07:45:41 AM »
They should have just made a NWN 3. And it should have went back to Bioware so it would have been done correctly.
Not with EA's meddling.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #200 on: December 29, 2013, 11:04:54 AM »
I have recently beat Xcom pre-expansion on classic but can't get the achievement because the game crashes before the final cutscene.
D'oh! I've been having a problem with Borderlands 2 crashing. I suspect it's the sound card since I updated the video drivers yesterday and that didn't help. I'm going to switch from my old Sound Blaster Xfi to the motherboard sound card and see if that helps.

Throbble was also having a problem with Fallout 3 and it turned out to be related to the Sound Blaster card... I suspect the age of Sound Blaster had passed.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #201 on: December 29, 2013, 07:44:35 PM »
I have recently beat Xcom pre-expansion on classic but can't get the achievement because the game crashes before the final cutscene. Need to see about a work around for it as I went into the last fight lacking a few of usual end stats and gear for my team.
 I have a method for the final area that has not failed yet not including game crashes. Have 2 Squad Sight, Double Tap snipers behind the last barricade. Move one soldier up to the corner of the first platform beyond the door to spot the Uber Etherial and activate the penultimate cutscene.  Then kill that Uber with sniper shots. The second shot from the first sniper usually back fires but that is why you have another sniper to finish the job.

I didn't find that last encounter overly difficult.  Just lure the enemy troops out of there and blast them as they come chasing you through the door.

I have played some of the expansion.  It adds a little extra content, as in new missions but the game is the same as pre-expansion.  You start from the beginning and go through the same overall mission.  They also added lots of new skills and weapons and voices and such.  Overall I think it's a good expansion, especially if you haven't played the base game.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #202 on: December 29, 2013, 07:49:19 PM »
My nephew brought up League of Legends at Christmas. What's the deal with that game. (He's still a little too young to explain himself properly.)

League of Legends, is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) or DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) if one prefers.  I think it's currently the most popular computer game, especially when considering competitive play.

It's a PvP game where you control one character (hero or champion as they are referred to) out of a team of 5.  The objective is to destroy the enemy base.  Each champion and there are well over 100 of them have 4 base skills and abilities that can be augmented by purchasing items during each match. 

Anyway it's fun but has a very high learning curve.  It is not an easy game to play.  It's also the most watched "e-sport".  Where competitions and tournaments are watched by a lot of people.  For example, the World Championship was played in LA at the Staples Center and they sold the place out.  I was pretty shocked.  Obviously Koreans won it hehe

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #203 on: December 30, 2013, 07:25:48 AM »
League of Legends, is a MOBA (Multiplayer Online Battle Arena) or DOTA (Defense of the Ancients) if one prefers.  I think it's currently the most popular computer game, especially when considering competitive play.

It's a PvP game where you control one character (hero or champion as they are referred to) out of a team of 5.  The objective is to destroy the enemy base.  Each champion and there are well over 100 of them have 4 base skills and abilities that can be augmented by purchasing items during each match. 

Anyway it's fun but has a very high learning curve.  It is not an easy game to play.  It's also the most watched "e-sport".  Where competitions and tournaments are watched by a lot of people.  For example, the World Championship was played in LA at the Staples Center and they sold the place out.  I was pretty shocked.  Obviously Koreans won it hehe

And next years prize at the World Championship is 1.6 million bucks. lol
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #204 on: January 01, 2014, 02:26:03 PM »
So I got Borderlands 2 GotY for Throbble and downloaded it night before last. Also got us both the second level cap DLC because the GotY edition doesn't include it for some reason. Anyway, I'm sick so our New Years Day plan is to just sit here and play Borderlands 2 all day.

Offline Meclar

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #205 on: January 02, 2014, 07:16:08 PM »
Legends of Grimlock anyone? Anyone?  I've played for an hour or so.  It's clumsy and takes some getting used to and it's definitely a grind but is something of a nail bitter and page turner.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #206 on: January 03, 2014, 01:39:08 PM »
Legends of Grimlock anyone? Anyone?  I've played for an hour or so.  It's clumsy and takes some getting used to and it's definitely a grind but is something of a nail bitter and page turner.

Yup.  Played a little bit a while ago.  Put it down and never picked it back up.  It's definitely a hard unforgiving game.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #207 on: January 12, 2014, 06:36:54 PM »
So I got Borderlands 2 GotY for Throbble and downloaded it night before last. Also got us both the second level cap DLC because the GotY edition doesn't include it for some reason. Anyway, I'm sick so our New Years Day plan is to just sit here and play Borderlands 2 all day.

I got this cool app for my Android smart phone called "Loot the World" and it lets you scan UPC codes and QR codes that then generate an item for Borderlands 2 based on an algorithm. If you like the item you can transfer it into the game. So far I haven't found any really good items but if I do I'll post the products here. Because the item is based on the code itself, scanning the same code will produce an identical item.

Anyway, it's turned out to be quite the party favor as people in bars and restaurants will start handing me anything with a bar code on it to see what I get.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #208 on: January 14, 2014, 04:11:24 AM »
Started trying out Elsword the other day. It's a free to play mindless side-scroller beat-em-up where you play a big eyed, androgynous anime moppet who has to smash up a bunch of silly pokemon style baddies with a bunch of combination attacks to impress the upper classmen. The combo attacks are not unlike trying to play Gunz K-style without programming macros. I'm starting to get the hang of the basics now but every time you start a new char it resets your keyboard to default key bindings. First thing I'm trying out is this little blonde (dude?) with an over sized cannon, or is it a mallet? A little of both i guess.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 04:13:30 AM by cuchulann »
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #209 on: January 26, 2014, 01:59:21 AM »
Finally bought Bioshock Infinite a couple weeks ago, but I'm just now getting around to starting it...yeah, definitely wish I had the option to save when I wanted.