Author Topic: Hey look!  (Read 9572 times)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Hey look!
« on: March 24, 2009, 12:52:27 AM »
Look at all the water everywhere! Sure is fun watching it spread across my fucking floor and fill up my bathtub and shit. Agh.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Hey look!
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 01:13:12 AM »
Look at all the water everywhere! Sure is fun watching it spread across my fucking floor and fill up my bathtub and shit. Agh.
Sorry to hear that. Luckily flooding is one of the disasters I've never had to deal with and I hope I never have to.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 01:33:52 AM »
Well same here! We only have to deal with it INSIDE the house! We've had flooding problems in our bathroom for some time now, a recent 'fix' has helped considerably... but there's nothing it can do tonight. Tonight we're screwed. That 'fix' doesn't solve the problem, it reroutes it, unfortunately, water finds it's way out of anywhere when it has nowhere else to go. So it makes it's way between the concrete under the toilet and the old concrete out onto the floor, since the bathtubs water level is now higher than the toilet. It does the same thing down the path to the end of the route, where the bottomless pit it's drained into is almost filled up completely. Something is keeping it from flooding over though, most likely coming up in our bathroom and around the hole... where we keep sweeping it into the hole... since it floods under the wall into the guest room if we don't. It's already soaked part of the carpet in there. It hasn't gone through our bathroom wall yet THIS time, only because of towels... and blankets. agh. We've used the shopvac to suck up water many times in the past though and then dumped the water outside.

Well, luckily we got that shopvac that can suck up the water for us! We can dump it outside while standing in the rain and giant puddles of melted snow! And, believe it or not, we're also so lucky to have it be broken for the first time ever upon starting it about 5 minutes ago! Woohoo! What are the chances of that shit? Fuck my life.

Well, since we're out of towels and half of the blankets, we'll just have to prep the rest of the blankets and then resort to clothing. Fortunately only my fiance and I have to deal with this, why would the people... PERSON... UPSTAIRS care? If the basement completely floods, at least he doesn't have to deal with it! Stupid fucking asshat.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 07:34:26 PM »
It's been raining all day again... water everywhere. Going to deal with some flooding tonight, maybe not as bad as last night. Fixed the shop vac... Fiance never put a filter in there so the motor got clogged with shit. Last resort is back up again, at least.

We live off a dirt road. The fields are so flooded with water that the water has actually risen all the way up the ditch line and is flooding over the road in places! Shit, one spot is even like a stream, it has a current! But if it wasn't bad enough already... the good news gets completely obliterated.

NOW IT'S SUPPOSED TO FUCKING SNOW ALL NIGHT TONIGHT! Shit is going to be freezing everywhere and those damn flooded spots on the road shall now be ice patches. Fuck... my... life.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 08:14:33 PM »
What we need to do is figure out a way to get all that water out to California. We are a major produce and farming state and we've been in drought for years now. We'll only have about 80% of the minimum snow pack needed to supply our state with water over the coming year.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2009, 08:23:04 PM »
What we need to do is figure out a way to get all that water out to California. We are a major produce and farming state and we've been in drought for years now. We'll only have about 80% of the minimum snow pack needed to supply our state with water over the coming year.

Come over here to the nearby town of Fargo. They got a shit ton of people volunteer sandbagging. They get flooded BAD sometimes. Look up the 97' Fargo flood.
http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/govdocs/flood/index.html

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2009, 11:30:34 PM »
Come over here to the nearby town of Fargo. They got a shit ton of people volunteer sandbagging. They get flooded BAD sometimes. Look up the 97' Fargo flood.
http://www.lib.ndsu.nodak.edu/govdocs/flood/index.html
Not sandbags, aqueducts, this situation calls for aqueducts!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2009, 11:47:33 PM »
I can't believe HeLL hasn't responded yet.  He's been refreshing the site every 5 seconds looking for new posts....

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: March 25, 2009, 12:10:35 AM »
I said I didn't have a reply! Blame 420 for making a difficult post!