Author Topic: What is Windows LIVE and why is it so shitty?  (Read 3815 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
What is Windows LIVE and why is it so shitty?
« on: January 25, 2009, 03:22:10 PM »
OK, so I see there is a new patch for Fallout 3. The web site says I can either download it manually or log into Windows LIVE to auto-update.

So I start up Fallout 3, click on the LIVE button and create a new profile. I log in to the new profile and... where is the fucking button that says "update" or "patch" or "fuck off Bill Gates and give me the fucking bug fixes already"?

Instead I see a bunch of meaningless buttons, one of which includes "Log into Windows LIVE". WHAT IN THE FUCK?!?! Didn't I just log into Windows LIVE?

So I go to the official forums... and I have to create a fucking account there to post! EAT SHIT YOU DOG FUCKING WHORES!

So, fuck them, I guess I won't be buying their fucking shit downloadable content since I have to suck Bill Gates cock in order to give Bethesda my money.

Way to ruin an otherwise excellent game assholes.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: What is Windows LIVE and why is it so shitty?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2009, 08:36:15 PM »
Why not just update manually?

Get used to logging into five different things if you want to use live. lol, I forgot to even install Live messenger on this HDD yet... I don't think I'll even bother... I'm never on it anyway. If I log on all I get is a bunch of "Hey man! Where have you been? How ya doin? blah blah blah." I pretty much respond with "whatever, shut the fuck up." and log back off. Windows LIVE sucks fucking ass... it's a bloody VIRUS. It spreads from one program and computer to another, infecting and corrupting them with stupid bullshit and complicated 'simplicity.'

SPECIAL OFFER!!!!! Hey, 420, would you like to sign up for our free newsletter? It will only take a moment of your time and it's completely free! All we need is your name, phone number, last name, middle name, social security number, credit card number, mobile phone number (if you have one), e-mail, address, state, city, zip, yearly revenue, date of birth, monthly revenue, and the name written on the side of your desk in permanent ink. (so that we can verify it's you with our satellite imaging) Thank you for your time.

Sorry, but every time I so much as think of Microsoft I have that ^ problem.

If you don't even have to mess with windows live by doing a manual download, why not go that route?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2009, 12:12:41 PM »

If you don't even have to mess with windows live by doing a manual download, why not go that route?
I did, but I was looking forward to buying the downloadable missions with new content. Apparently I must go through Windows LIVE to purchase them.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 26, 2009, 06:40:59 PM »
I did, but I was looking forward to buying the downloadable missions with new content. Apparently I must go through Windows LIVE to purchase them.

That's bullshit.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2009, 06:04:21 AM »
Dont worry it wont be long till you can download them separately, you know that game fans always pull those ones out.