Author Topic: The Evolution of gaming what yet can we expect??  (Read 3273 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Evolution of gaming what yet can we expect??
« on: June 07, 2008, 02:01:26 PM »
So i was pondering over this one....

If we take a look at the old games and let's go back in time like 10 years ago take Doom for example

How ugly is that one, really ugly, but at that time it was top knotch, it was the best thing....

Here some few examples

Back then that was all what was possible with the hardware they had basicly if you look at it now it was shit....

Later we get Half-Life and wolfenstein wich is quite better and looking nicer

We get also more gore and compare GTA back then and GTA 3 or Vice City is also a huge leap.

If you compare RPG like The elder scrolls daggerfall and oblivion is also one of those gigantic leaps...

and now to our present times.

here's a screen from Crysis

some screens from AoC i specially took for this topic.

Just if you compare it now to what we had back in the past it's a pretty fucking gigantic leap and we're talking here about 10 years back maybe even 8 or 7 years i mean.....the gaming buisiness sure evolved quite in those years we now have Playstation 3, Xbox360, Wii pc's with quadqore dual core 4 gig ram, directX 10, etc....

I mean what more can we expect, or are we almost on the top where we won't be able to make it look better then it is?
Or is the next step quantum technology??

The evolution what yet to come??
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Sonicle

• View Profile
Re: The Evolution of gaming what yet can we expect??
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:55:07 PM »
that racing game is older then 10 years ive played that on on a commodore c64

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:18:32 PM »
gaming sure has Come a long way.  major games have budgets large than  Hollywood movies. which goes to show why they are slowly becoming as bad.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:07:13 PM »
Eventually games will be so realistic we'll be able to have full immersion virtual reality where we experience input to all of our senses. We'll pay for long vacations in these virtual realities but to keep the realism there will have to be the occasional "accident" that ends your play session early. It's obvious that that's how this universe came about in the first place.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2008, 07:51:57 PM »
Matrix. *mad laughter*