Author Topic: Crysis and Age of Conan  (Read 4875 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Crysis and Age of Conan
« on: May 22, 2008, 06:14:21 PM »
So I didn't wan't to create Two threads so i'm gonna merge it into one big thread hehe.

So I bought Crysis last week and man but fuck it's the best shooter I played, normally I don't play shooters at all but this one is wow fucking nice besides it was only like 20â?¬ (that's like 12$ for you americans) for that price I couldn't resist.
I play it on my laptop with everything on medium details but fuck man the game looks sweet even in medium but it has a really good storyline and the AI is pretty amazing too, the enemies really divide them and try to circle around you so they can close you in.

You shoule really try it out it's really quite a intresting shooter didn't expect it, and didn't expect it would run so smooth on medium detail on my laptop.

Age of Conan Hyborian Adventures

Normally you in the US have this game availble since the 20th of may and can allready play, sadly we Europeans have to wait till tomorrow, but if you have conections like me you could get the game today hehe i know i'm bad so I installed the game, patched it, created an account and tomorrow the servers will be open.

This game intrested me because of much different things, first off is the combat it's all in real time and you can direct every blow you do for example you start attacking then you go over to the directional arrows on your keyboard you press left the chr will attack from down to left now if you stay attacking like that the enemy will notice it and start blocking your attack so you have to shift the attacks, vice versa with someone attacking you.
Second is there is much variation between classes you have Guardian, Dark Templar, Demonoligst, Necromander, Assasin, Ranger and much more, what's intresting there are much hybrid classes for example the Dark Templar is a very good mellee class but has lot of offensive spells too.
Third is the guild system, you can create a guild or join one but your guild can also build a town in the game and it can grow out to be a nice empire, other guilds can attack your empire, oh you can also build siege weapons too hehe.

Anyway tomorrow i'll know more so untill then....if I get the chance to come here lol...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Crysis and Age of Conan
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2008, 06:45:41 PM »
First thing the euro has more value than the dollar so 20â?¬ are like 30$.

I havent tried crysis but i will soon when i get back my upgraded pc. Regarding Age of Conan i got in the closed beta since the technical phase but i never even bothered to dl it cos the videos didnt impress me at all and everyone in most games i played lately says AoC sucks, at first i didnt dl it cos you could only play 3 hours on sundays but later on in the full time closed beta the client was 13gb to download and the game isnt even worth that big download, also from ppl that played AoC in closed / open beta i heard the devs closed the open beta feedback forums for all the massive bad feedbacks it was getting lol. So dunno if it will be any good or just another failure like hellgate and nwn2 was for like most ppl, for the meantime im playing Requiem and i will move on to Rohan online once it goes open beta on 27th this month.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 06:47:23 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2008, 08:12:27 PM »
First thing the euro has more value than the dollar so 20â?¬ are like 30$.

I havent tried crysis but i will soon when i get back my upgraded pc. Regarding Age of Conan i got in the closed beta since the technical phase but i never even bothered to dl it cos the videos didnt impress me at all and everyone in most games i played lately says AoC sucks, at first i didnt dl it cos you could only play 3 hours on sundays but later on in the full time closed beta the client was 13gb to download and the game isnt even worth that big download, also from ppl that played AoC in closed / open beta i heard the devs closed the open beta feedback forums for all the massive bad feedbacks it was getting lol. So dunno if it will be any good or just another failure like hellgate and nwn2 was for like most ppl, for the meantime im playing Requiem and i will move on to Rohan online once it goes open beta on 27th this month.

lol the things you just said, I didn't hear from no one.......
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »
Just checked out a Crysis trailer, looks pretty cool.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2008, 07:43:08 PM »
Just checked out a Crysis trailer, looks pretty cool.

It is a good game now go get it, the piracy of this game was incredible, due to it they sold so little copies, so go out there and support them!

As for Age of Conan holy shit the game is awesome.

First of all when you are in combat you can create combo's so you pick a skill and there will appear on the left of the screen wich directions you have to press so you can create a powerfull combo and in wich the chr responds to a awesome move, every combo has a different move so it's pretty new and good.

Second of all, oh man the gore of the game is unmached, I have NEVER seen a MMORPG with so much gore, all the dialoges are spoken btw so no WoW shit were you read stuf and all, but man they say shit in the game like "You son of a whore" or "That Bitch" and everything I mean really foul language lol!
and then when you fight I mean I've never seen so much blood splatter from your enemies especially if you do a "fatality" move (that is when you chop off a enemies head, arm, leg or something else of his body) they made it so that when that happens you get all blood splatters on your screen quite fun too.

Now also there is a nice storyline implented in AoC it's kinda based on GW when you wan't the storyline quests you get swiched to night time of the game, you get a private map (you and your party) where you do the storyline quests, normal quests are done in daytime where there is no private map.

Leveling is quite fast i've played for four hours and i'm lvl 11 that's four hours seperated not like 4 hours at one piece...
Graphics are quite nice it's almost Oblivion at high detail (I can run it on high detail but it gets low fps in cities so not good) Running on medium settings wich is still pretty nice and a decent 30-40 FPS in cities so good for me!

This far the game looks pretty nice, and I gotta say the launch is pretty smoothfull too, no crashes, no server downtime and two pvp server are since 18h on heavy load and there is even a waiting queue that's gotta say something.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2008, 07:45:36 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2008, 05:45:07 PM »
Well here are some screenies

First a close up from me the mighty Assassin Stygor

Check out the nice graphics (especially the water)

Me and a group waiting for a bat demon to respawn just to kill him again lol

Oh yeah i'm a bad motherfucker and i'm not happy :D

P.S. pimp is just the guildname i'm in atm lol don't get any ideas
« Last Edit: May 26, 2008, 05:49:55 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2008, 05:54:49 AM »
THUD!

son of a.....how the hell do i keep finding this place...

anywho, Simulo; Tyranny(PvP) *BITES KEYBOARD IN HALF& RAWRAWARARWAWRA IT'S A BEAAAAAAAAAAAAR SHAAAAMAN!
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2008, 02:59:01 PM »
Khadgar you son of a, 3800 houres of WoW omfg no life or smt i mean seriously how the fuck??? you don't work or shit like that seriously dude get a life ASAP!!!!