Author Topic: The New Beatles!  (Read 5620 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
The New Beatles!
« on: February 02, 2008, 05:43:42 PM »
So I had this great idea!

The two surviving members of the Beatles, Paul McCartney and Ringo Starr, should team up with Julian Lennon (dressed as his father John) and an animatronic George Harrison.

And they should call themselves: "The Beatles 2: Animatronic Boogaloo"

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
The New Beatles!
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2008, 06:54:22 PM »
I say no, because I feel that them coming back now would simply be in vain. It would be one of those things where it would be sweet, but then it's also like a trilogy where the sequels are never as good as the first. There are exceptions, but I doubt this will be one. There are alot of bands where it would be cool if they could get back together and rock the world once more, but they aren't young anymore, things aren't as they used to be and it's likely that they would never do as great as they once did. However, I would love to see one come back, and rock like never before. But people and their attitudes/view points on the world change, just as the bands do. Often these bands have switched out, gained, and lost a number of members.

That's just my opinion. But hey, maybe I'm wrong, maybe they should get back together and maybe they'll rock the world with their music once more, it may not be the same, but it may still be great. Then it would be an honor to be wrong.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
The New Beatles!
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2008, 12:44:22 AM »
No because I have severely disliked every Beatles song iv ever heard.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Chard!

The New Beatles!
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2008, 06:00:14 AM »
Hell yes.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
The New Beatles!
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2008, 02:35:35 PM »
Instead of a John send up and robot George, I say we should off Paul and Ringo, then ressurrect them all as zombies. This would appeal to many age groups as it would be a complete reunion so all the orginal fans would be happy, and their desscated corpses would appeal to the younger generations keen on death metal and Resident Evil.   Their smash reunion alblum could be called "Paul Is Dead... and John, and George, and Ringo."  Finally this would prove once and for all that yes, rock n' roll is indeed satanic.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition