Author Topic: Perfect World  (Read 11657 times)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« on: January 31, 2008, 05:25:57 AM »
Yesterday i was looking around for some free mmorpgs and i found this pretty decent game, the character creation can even rival oblivion (its even better i think but dont remember most of oblvion char creation options), you can fly, jump, swim and other things. I havent played much but looks good so far, you can have pets that lvl with you and learn skills aswell.

Heres the video i watched on youtube about the char creation, the video is in some asian language but the game is translated already. The char in the video is a winged elf, there are also werebeasts (various humanoid animals can be choosen i think, in the race selection its shown as a tiger but i saw a panda ingame :o), werefoxes and humans.

Perfect World character creation video
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:26:41 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2008, 08:11:36 AM »
I've been meaning to download that.  It's pretty popular.  Let us know what you think.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2008, 09:21:07 AM »
Im a lvl 7 Werefox that is like a druid, mainly a caster but at lvl 9 it can morph into a fox and use attack skills, so far is really good for being free, its like a way better version of lineage 2 graphic wise.

And as a clarification of the Werebeasts, theyre humanoid forms of tiger, lion, wolf and panda its like the barbarian class i think, the werefox looks like a female human with different animal ears and tails (fox, tiger, devil and rabbit).

And it has 2 ways of showing your armor, you can either select to view your armor or some kind of fashion clothes that are dresses and such for the ppl that dont like to look like multicolored clowns from the different armor parts :P.

Definitely worth trying.
The client is 2.21gb and can be found here
Perfect World
To register an account i recomend to use gmail. (they dont accept hotmail and with yahoo takes hours to receive the confirmation email, so i tried gmail and received it instantly.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 10:58:41 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2008, 01:44:12 PM »
Cool I'll be giving it a try.  It's pretty popular from what I've seen.  It's an Asian game so it's set in an Asian mythological setting.  Of course being free is a big plus.  Wonder how they will eventually be making money?  Are there plans to start charging?

Gmail is the best.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2008, 02:52:08 PM »
I've seen that game ages ago but I didn't think it was intresting enough + the website was acting weird (wich still is going i'm using firefox.....)

Anyhow seeing now it's Asian it's a grind game ain't it?? or are there enough quests to keep it intresting?

Can you post some screens Tyrael?

@mo
Nope the game will stay free as long as i know there are no plans for charging on the game. (most of these f2play mmo's use a cashshop.)
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 02:52:35 PM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2008, 03:01:41 PM »
Looks like it might be worth trying. All the other free MMOs and such have had FF1 graphics and gameplay.

I guess I dont look hard enough. I should stop trying the advertisements on teh sides of gaming sites.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 03:26:20 PM »
Lol yeah, you shouldnt do that :P, i played lots of free ones and some of them were decent but this beat em all together.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 03:28:58 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2008, 04:46:59 PM »
Lol yeah, you shouldnt do that :P, i played lots of free ones and some of them were decent but this beat em all together.
[snapback]39096[/snapback]

Screenshots plz
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2008, 05:07:16 PM »
uhm there are more videos with gameplay in youtube, and in their homepage are the screenshots, find them yourself lazy :P... ill post some screens of my char later maybe.

Ok here are some:

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:38:26 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2008, 05:51:07 PM »
Why does Perfect World and Tabula Rasa look so similar?

In fact, they both remind me of a few other games I've seen recently. Are they all using the same engine? Lineage 2 or Guild Wars or something like that?

« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 05:51:30 PM by 420 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2008, 05:52:27 PM »
So is it only grind or also some nice quests?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2008, 06:31:55 PM »
Lol it has nothing to do with Tabula rasa, completely different type of game and the graphics are different aswell, and the graphics are even better than GW...
Though it does remember me of Lineage 2 but the graphics are better, but no it doesnt look like the same graphic engine at all.

And yes its quest based.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 06:36:38 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2008, 06:38:55 PM »
Lol it has nothing to do with Tabula rasa, completely different type of game and the graphics are different aswell, and the graphics are even better than GW...
Though it does remember me of Lineage 2 but the graphics are better, but no it doesnt look like the same graphic engine at all.

And yes its quest based.
[snapback]39102[/snapback]

I think everyone knows it has nothing to do with TR, well it's kind of logical that the graphics are better then GW cuz GW is like 4 or 5 years old.

i'm downing it now @645kb/sec gotta love downing at night on a working day lol speeds are amazing hehe.

It better not be one of those grinding azian mmorpg's...what server you on Tyr?
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:36:04 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2008, 08:51:34 PM »
Im on Delphi server, as of now i have a decent amount of quests, but that may change around high lvl areas who knows, i barely get to endgame content on any game anyways, i make lots of mid lvl chars and then stop playing most games lol :P.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2008, 08:52:05 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2008, 04:33:16 AM »
I got the fox form now, its fun :), also i just noticed that the winged elfs can fly at level 1 already and get flying speed increase skills each certain lvls.
Heres some more screenshots.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 04:34:32 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2008, 09:14:57 AM »
Uhh, from those screenshots, i say GW still looks better.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2008, 12:27:47 PM »
screenshots quality are tonned down and i dont even have the game on max settings,  the distant land in gw does look better but not the close area, and the player models do look better, of course GW is still better game i just got bored of it fast >_< and this one looks interesting but most likely ill get bored of it fast aswell.... DAMN I MISS NWN SO MUCH >_<. (we should go and bomb obsidian offices!! :P)

im also playing the closed beta of a game called Infinity online that is more or less like gunz but more like a fighting game (and of course no guns or bows, and it does have a real mission mode :o), theres  4 different chars (after closed beta there will be more) and each one has around 15 combos and you can use a gamepad on it. Its pretty simple but the pvp is damn fun (i lose about 90% of the times though xD).
Infinity Online

Seems it was released around 2007 by another company but they had to close it :o (weird i never heard of it b4 >_<).
« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 12:29:59 PM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

Perfect World
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2008, 12:53:11 PM »
All MMORPG's are the same.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2008, 12:59:34 PM »
Not true, that only applies to most free ones and a few p2p ones but theres actually some different ones, though they share the same goal of EVERY game, waste your time >_<.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2008, 10:10:56 PM »
You keep talking about how you get bored of them so fast... then why keep playing them? That's the reason I don't play most MMORPG's, they're boring, and all the shit that makes them boring is the same in all of them.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2008, 11:04:02 PM »
You keep talking about how you get bored of them so fast... then why keep playing them? That's the reason I don't play most MMORPG's, they're boring, and all the shit that makes them boring is the same in all of them.
[snapback]39123[/snapback]

Yes that's a big problem.  You can work around that problem if you're able to play online with many friends.  If you're playing these games alone ya they get bad fast.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #21 on: February 04, 2008, 12:36:43 AM »
Yeah, its actually just like mo said for most games, thats why i liked nwn it was quite easy to make friends since most servers had around 30 players or less, on most mmorpgs theres just a large number of players and its harder to make friends on them because you rarely see the same players, and when i do find friends i just quit them to try a new game, im just weird like that :0 because i actually did even quit nwn around 3 or 4 times its just that i always came back for GS ^^.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 12:44:11 AM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

Perfect World
« Reply #22 on: February 04, 2008, 10:35:08 AM »
NWN is so different from most MMORPG's. I agree with Tyreal on the making friends parts. We wouldn't have been able to do this if NWN were an MMORPG.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #23 on: February 04, 2008, 02:41:50 PM »
Eh, I even get bored with a group of friends. I guess it's because I just know what's coming. Not much for surprises, that's for sure.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #24 on: February 04, 2008, 07:44:28 PM »
Though I think that Warhammer Online looks like it might be worth trying. If its as good as I think it looks, I might be willing to pay monthly for the first time.

And of course, Im waiting for GW 2

PS: Infinity Online looks like crap
« Last Edit: February 04, 2008, 07:47:04 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #25 on: February 05, 2008, 01:52:05 AM »
Graphics arent everything you know, besides that video quality is really crap.
Gameplay is always over graphics for me, if its good and fun.... fuck the graphics.

Yeah i might try those 2 aswell though i prefer not waiting for any game with hopes that it will be good anymore, i waited so much for nwn2 and hellgate and when they came out were a total letdown.... :(.

Actually i didnt knew anything about nwn when i bought it i just went to the shop and bought the only rpg game they had for PC (yeah the game shops here REALLY suck), but you see it turned out good >_<.
« Last Edit: February 05, 2008, 02:10:25 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Perfect World
« Reply #26 on: February 05, 2008, 09:09:31 AM »
It is an open beta, isn't it?  How "free" is this exactly?

- Mel

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #27 on: February 05, 2008, 04:46:23 PM »
Its actually closed beta, but its quite easy to get a beta key if you go to onrpg forums, you just submit your email and they give you the key but this version its only for european users i think. (infinity)

Both games are completely free, but i think infinity will have that premium items shop for more costumes and such like in gunz.

Damn ive been playing infinity the whole day xD, i have like 300 kills in pvp xD ( and died way more times >_<)

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Perfect World
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2008, 02:54:51 PM »
This game is fucking awesome.  I love the broken sentences and word uses because of the translations to English.  This game has the best of both GW WoW.  Aerial combat....Fucking aerial fucking combat.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Perfect World
« Reply #29 on: February 28, 2008, 12:09:54 AM »
Are you playing perfect world meclar? i play from time to time (playing infinity most of the time now (PVP)), but if i know anyone else is playing it ill play it more for sure.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2008, 01:51:42 AM by tyrael084 »