Author Topic: Never use the glasses in your hotel room  (Read 8479 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Chard!

Never use the glasses in your hotel room
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 04:20:04 PM »
omg, yes it is. >.< Ew...

What the hell are they thinking!?

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 05:09:40 PM »
lawl. I have seen this on five different forums that I go to and I am amazed at people not thinking about stuff like that. I never use glasses at a hotel and other stuff they leave you. I even bring my own towel because the thought of using a towel that someone else wiped their butts and genitals with makes me sick.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 07:38:31 PM »
I never use glasses at a hotel and other stuff they leave you. I even bring my own towel because the thought of using a towel that someone else wiped their butts and genitals with makes me sick.
[snapback]38711[/snapback]
Exactly my feelings, however since I usually leave my toothbrush, razor and deodorant behind anyway I feel it would be useless to try to remember to bring a towel.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2007, 03:57:08 PM »
I always take my beach towel for the swiming pools. You could always just use that and you wouldnt need to remember a bathing towel.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Chard!

« Reply #5 on: December 06, 2007, 04:52:59 PM »
Don't be pussies! Drink from those glasses!! =D Sit on those toilets! Wipe your ass with those towels aswell! Show that you're a man who can take the nasty diseases that come with it!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2007, 05:02:11 PM »
You have fun with that. Im secure with my masculinity to the extent that I dont need the diseases.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2007, 08:21:51 PM »
I don;t know what kind of hotels *you* stay at, but the places I go tend to be cleaner than my own house. Just remember not to be rude to the housekeeping staff, and your fine.

FWIW, I'm speaking from experience: I worked as a maid in a hotel one summer; I never saw anything equivalent to the old restaurant pay-back of spitting in a guest's food, but there were maids who didn't do much more that rinse out the tub and sink if the guests were high-maintenance or bitchy.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 09:01:37 AM »
there were maids who didn't do much more that rinse out the tub and sink if the guests were high-maintenance or bitchy.

-Throbblefoot
[snapback]38722[/snapback]
And thats just wrong. If people are high maintenance I dont really expect maids to spit shine anything but cleaning the room is their job, get over it.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 11:03:41 AM »
I try to cook food good whether or not a customer is a cunt.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2007, 12:07:54 PM »
[snapback]38730[/snapback]
I dont know much about DQ but at Max & Ermas the kitchen has nothing to do with guests. How much interaction do you have with people while you're cooking?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: December 07, 2007, 01:06:03 PM »
And thats just wrong. If people are high maintenance I dont really expect maids to spit shine anything but cleaning the room is their job, get over it.
[snapback]38726[/snapback]
Heh, the "spit shine" is what you get when you are a jerk!

[snapback]38730[/snapback]
Right, it's the waiter's job to carry the food in their pants.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: December 07, 2007, 02:13:09 PM »
Heh, the "spit shine" is what you get when you are a jerk!
Right, it's the waiter's job to carry the food in their pants.

[snapback]38733[/snapback]
rofl, i gotta say that post is the funniest thing iv seen all day. I hate being sick  &lt;_&lt;
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

« Reply #13 on: December 07, 2007, 05:44:46 PM »
I laughed. Cool.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: December 07, 2007, 06:40:33 PM »
I dont know much about DQ but at Max & Ermas the kitchen has nothing to do with guests. How much interaction do you have with people while you're cooking?
[snapback]38732[/snapback]
Plenty. I don't just cook anymore, I've long since took orders and often enough I take an order, and everybody else is either busy taking orders or making icecream, so nobody is in the kitchen and I gotta run back and make the order I took. Not only that I can hear every order on drive through as well as interject any time I please. We have headsets now and everyone can hear the drive through orders that has a headset on.

This would be a DQ Brazier anyhow. That means there is food and icecream. Regular DQ's are just icecream, and then there are also DQ Sit-down restaurants... believe it or not... :lol:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: December 09, 2007, 08:15:05 PM »
The DQ by me has food and icecream but I dont see how making it into a sitdown restaurant would make the place any more desirable.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: December 10, 2007, 07:15:39 PM »
The DQ by me has food and icecream but I dont see how making it into a sitdown restaurant would make the place any more desirable.
[snapback]38749[/snapback]
Actually, I've heard the sitdown restaurants are quite nice. And it's not the same fast food restaurant with the only difference being you sit down, get waited on, and have a menu... that would be a load of shit.

Also, every DQ store you find is going to be different. It's like going to a completely different restaurant with the exception of finding alot of the same products and product names. This is because it's part of a franchise, but the store owner has alot more freedom than the customer usually realizes... what products they choose to make is mostly up to them, but they have certain restrictions and guidelines they must follow depending on location and other factors. For instance, we cannot have cheese curds at the DQ store where I work at, because the franchise says they are unavailable to our region. Wisconson on the other hand... most stores I know of are able to have them. You're able to have so many products, and often if you want to provide a certain type of product, you have to sacrifice another that you already have. The whole deal is pretty simple to understand, but there's alot to it. Basically, you have the owners of the DQ stores, regional managers, inspectors, people who work for the franchise who check out the individual stores and judge quality, cleanliness, etc. etc. and then you have different store types, the owners have to follow the rules and guidelines of the franchise, and cannot do whatever they want to, but at the same time, they have a certain amount of freedom and choices that alot of customers don't know about. Besides that, every owner buys what they need, so there is different types of cooking machines, some still use a grill, many use Nieco's. Everything varies from the way the buns are toasted, to what types of icecream toppings there are for blizzards, sundae's, etc. If you go up another level, the quality of the employees, if they do good work or not, whether they are screwing off most of the time, or making you quality food. Whether or not your food has been sitting in warmers for an hour, or whether you just got everything fresh. Believe it or not, the employees have a huge impact on the end product.

I know on trips to Washington state I've visited DQ's before... my sister absolutely hated them... often the burgers were small, and the buns seemed rubbery. The food sucked. The DQ where I live though, thankfully, has far better food, but I've seen food sent out to people that looks like shit before. And our night shift is the shift that is often worked with no manager, so the people working are teenagers who goof off and don't do a good job, as a result, people get poor products and poor service. But at least, it's not as bad as the others ones I've been to in the past.

End point, now that I am done rhambling for no visibly apparent reason... every DQ store is different, as is likely with any individual store that is a part of any franchise. Judging the entire franchise based on one store is a useless concept, because eventually, if you eat out enough... you'll have no franchise stores you'll want to visit, because you'll have found a bad one for every franchise.

Anyway, my fiance was just trying to summon a skeleton warrior out of a dire boar. As in, clicking to summon it on the boar... :lol: