Author Topic: Hellgate: London Multiplayer Names  (Read 13736 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Hellgate: London Multiplayer Names
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:49:12 PM »
Post your HGL multiplayer info here so we can find each other.

Server: US

Characters
SuperPsych (Guardian)
JimmyJames (Marksman)
Zoroaster (Evoker)
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:22:40 PM by Throbblefoot »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 01:14:49 PM »
Im on EU server so i cant play with you :/, i can see the US server but it always says incorrect pass when i try to log on it, only lets me log in the EU server.

But anyways...

Tyraell (Blademaster)
Eowiel (Evoker)
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 07:07:17 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 02:11:51 PM »
Im on EU server so i cant play with you :/, i can see the US server but it always says incorrect pass when i try to log on it, only lets me log in the EU server.

But anyways...

Tyraell (Blademaster) lvl 5
Eowiel (Evoker) lvl 8
[snapback]38288[/snapback]

it's very normal you get the message that the pass is incorrect because you don't have a US account when you created your account you created one in the EU region.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 02:59:00 PM »
I know that but i mean you can still see the us server, at least they could let u login in both, making different chars on each. Because only europeans i know are you and chard (from games i mean).

So give me ur msn or somethin so we can play together sometimes and lets see if chard buys the game already :P.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 04:01:47 PM »
I know that but i mean you can still see the us server, at least they could let u login in both, making different chars on each. Because only europeans i know are you and chard (from games i mean).

So give me ur msn or somethin so we can play together sometimes and lets see if chard buys the game already :P.
[snapback]38291[/snapback]

I sended you a pm with my e-mail so we can talk when to play together, tough i might not be so far in mp as you...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 05:14:37 PM »
Acct: Cuchulann

Chars:
 Fogtreadder (Engineer)
 Cuchulann (Blademaster)
 Dreamsinger (Evoker)
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 06:18:38 PM »
Also say if youre in EU or US, i know most of you are in the US but maybe some1 else its in EU lol xD, i should have made an US acc :0 but i would probably lag a bit :/.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2007, 09:05:42 PM »
Also say if youre in EU or US, i know most of you are in the US but maybe some1 else its in EU lol xD, i should have made an US acc :0 but i would probably lag a bit :/.
[snapback]38297[/snapback]
Picky.
Alright the 3 above are US chars and now,

Europe Chars:

Thnikkaman (Guardian)

Just one for the now on Europe

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2007, 09:16:11 PM »
Err how can you play on both? you bough the game twice? :0

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 01:12:07 PM »
Err how can you play on both? you bough the game twice? :0
[snapback]38300[/snapback]
During the beta they split our accounts into both US and Europe accounts so we could beta test both servers. Not sure why you can't log into the US server however. It seems to me that the accounts are associated with the web site so you should be able to log into any server with your account.

Maybe try posting on their forums and find out what the deal is.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 03:02:50 PM »
i can log in the US server now but i had to create a different acc with the same activation code but its the same thing almost because i plan to suscribe but i wont pay for both accounts lol, i want to be able to log in with the same acc in both servers...

I have a lvl 4 engineer in the US server called Ryuzaki

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 10:22:00 PM »
got the game and I'm trying to get online but this file update is taking forever.  My connection was lost half way through and it started over!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 10:34:26 PM »
AGAIN!  

Error connecting to server....now it starts downloading all the file again....

uuh give me a break..30 mins per update.

Trying Abbadon server now.

:help:
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 10:37:42 PM by Mo »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 11:06:15 PM »
FFS!

Error'ed again.  Wasted over an hour and a half with this.  This has surpassed my frustration encountered with the NWN2 install process.

So far this game wins the award for most half assed update system.  
No overall progress meter, slow and apparently doesn't care to check each file for it's version.

Lame...gonna play Crysis demo for now.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2007, 11:06:40 PM by Mo »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 11:59:50 PM »
Error'ed again.  Wasted over an hour and a half with this.
[snapback]38312[/snapback]
I've been playing all day and I started to notice serious lag around 5:30 pm Pacific. Flagship is here in San Francisco and all the geeks just got off work to play HGL for the first weekend.

Still better than Blizzard did the first weekend after Diablo 2 was released.

EDIT:
i want to be able to log in with the same acc in both servers...

[snapback]38305[/snapback]

Check out US And EU Accounts
There seems to be a little confusion regarding US and EU accounts, and applying badges to them. First and foremost, you must create separate accounts for each region you wish to play on. Of course, you can use the same account name assuming it's not already taken, but an account does have to be created for both regions.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 12:05:45 AM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2007, 12:04:53 AM »
FFS!

Error'ed again.  Wasted over an hour and a half with this.  This has surpassed my frustration encountered with the NWN2 install process.

So far this game wins the award for most half assed update system. 
No overall progress meter, slow and apparently doesn't care to check each file for it's version.

Lame...gonna play Crysis demo for now.
[snapback]38312[/snapback]
Fuckin' hate when shit like that happens. Crashing during saves happens to me quite a bit with any game just to piss me off, of course, it corrupts my save games too. I get that type of luck alot, *gives Mo a virtual pat on the back* I understand man, I understand.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2007, 12:09:30 AM »
There are just way too many bugs shipping with games these days.  With all the money going into them you'd think they'd come out a little more polished.  I want to be able to game on my PC without troubles.  Just tried single player mode, let me just say there were more than one graphical issues going on when I tried playing in DX10.  Forced me to shutdown.  Hopefully I'll have better luck with DX9...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2007, 12:22:53 AM »
There are just way too many bugs shipping with games these days.  With all the money going into them you'd think they'd come out a little more polished.  I want to be able to game on my PC without troubles.  Just tried single player mode, let me just say there were more than one graphical issues going on when I tried playing in DX10.  Forced me to shutdown.  Hopefully I'll have better luck with DX9...
[snapback]38316[/snapback]
I agree, totally. Been having problems like that with games for years and years... not with the old SNES though, nope... never had problems with that good old quality equipment. :D I think you're right though, imagine being able to flip a disc of a brand new game in, no security codes, no bullshit securom or any of that, you install nicely without problems or errors, there are status bars and everything, gameplay is smooth, non-buggy, no play issues. That could almost be achieved if developers all-around just did better, work your asses off!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2007, 12:51:32 AM »
I think you're right though, imagine being able to flip a disc of a brand new game in, no security codes, no bullshit securom or any of that, you install nicely without problems or errors, there are status bars and everything, gameplay is smooth, non-buggy, no play issues. That could almost be achieved if developers all-around just did better, work your asses off!
[snapback]38317[/snapback]
*cough* Sam & Max *cough*

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2007, 04:14:02 AM »
Ok I need an explanation.  I was finally able to patch all the files.  I made a new char then started and made it to a station.  I tried adding 420 characters to my friends list but it couldn't find any of them.  I figured I might have logged into the wrong server (test server perhaps), so I exited the game and restarted, picked Slogoth (sp?) server and guess what?  Yup it started patching files again!...Is this a joke or does it do this every time you start a multiplayer game?  After downloading files for 10 mins the game restarted itself, that happened before so I thought it was normal, but nope...logged in again and guess what, more downloading of the SAME FILES I"VE DOWNLOADED 10 TIMES!  WTF lol...Are all games this stupid now?

Is it just me or do these same files get downloaded everytime?  We all need to be logged into the same server to play together and talk I assume?  Any way to find out what servers everyone is logged into cause there's more than one US server last I checked.

I'm starting to appreciate Anet more for understanding how to make a proper multiplayer game.

underwhelmed so far.

EDIT: Finally made it into the right server.  Figured out which one of 420's characters was currently online and added him.  He was either afk or didn't notice my msg.  Anyway it's late will play again tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't take me as long to get online to play.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:33:02 AM by Mo »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2007, 04:50:33 AM »
EDIT: Finally made it into the right server.  Figured out which one of 420's characters was currently online and added him.  He was either afk or didn't notice my msg.  Anyway it's late will play again tomorrow.  Hopefully it won't take me as long to get online to play.
[snapback]38321[/snapback]
Glad to hear you got on and sorry I didn't see your messages (though I did see them eventually) but I was in an intense battle and drunk. Look for me tomorrow we'll be on all day.

« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 04:51:03 AM by 420 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2007, 07:18:32 AM »
That actually doesnt fix anything but thx 420, my only point is the subscription fee and like it says in your link the subscription will only apply on one acc even if they have the same name, so thats actually the same problem im having right now with different account names, thats kinda like bullshit... im not paying for both acc >_< surely will be just the EU one (or none) because i dont think they will fix or change that  &lt;_&lt;.

Mo for me it only dled updates once and i never got an error and then i reinstalled yesterday to change the language to english (i never find spanish players anyways so i prefer the english skills and item names) and it dled again with no problem at first try, so what happened to you wasnt the game fault probably.

Edit: i checked the forum and seems theres a whole mess going on about the accounts and subscriptions, seems theres a lot of EU ppl that paid for the founders offer in the US server since at that time it said that the subscriptions and the founders offer would transfer over to EU acc with the same reg key, but now they changed it somehow and it says the opposite... so all the EU ppl that paid for the founders fee found that they only paid for the US server and they only play on the EU server, and that has been going for the last 3 days and the devs are ignoring them... so i guess that answers my question... very dissapointed really... oh and only the beta testers can log in both servers with the same account but that will end after 7 days and will be just like everyone else (1 acc per server), also EU ppl has to pay like 40% more for the subscription now that really sucks, 9,99$ in US and 9.99â?¬ in EU (which is 14.**$), hope theyll get all their shit together because they game may be cool and all that but this other part isnt that cool :angry:
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:31:50 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2007, 01:17:03 PM »
so all the EU ppl that paid for the founders fee found that they only paid for the US server and they only play on the EU server, and that has been going for the last 3 days and the devs are ignoring them.
[snapback]38323[/snapback]
D'oh! Sounds like they didn't have this whole subscription idea worked out. The subscription system has been down since release anyway. Oh well, hopefully they'll figure out a solution that doesn't suck nard.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2007, 01:44:39 PM »
How long was the beta period for this game?

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2007, 02:04:23 PM »
I agree, totally. Been having problems like that with games for years and years... not with the old SNES though, nope... never had problems with that good old quality equipment. :D I think you're right though, imagine being able to flip a disc of a brand new game in, no security codes, no bullshit securom or any of that, you install nicely without problems or errors, there are status bars and everything, gameplay is smooth, non-buggy, no play issues. That could almost be achieved if developers all-around just did better, work your asses off!
[snapback]38317[/snapback]

The reason the old console games were so stable is because if a game went out with a really bad bug then the only way to correct it is with the next release, and recalling all the bad software. Thus the QA department was the red headded stepchild of every software company, and they had people working 9AM to 12AM shifts through the week. Forking out money for overtime is cheaper than a recall. The out of box quality of PC games went down the tubes the day gamers were content to download a patch off the internet.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2007, 03:26:35 PM »
I'm online

MaraGainsberg (evoker)

I only have one char so it should be simple to figure out if I'm online :P

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2007, 03:27:51 PM »
The reason the old console games were so stable is because if a game went out with a really bad bug then the only way to correct it is with the next release, and recalling all the bad software. Thus the QA department was the red headded stepchild of every software company, and they had people working 9AM to 12AM shifts through the week. Forking out money for overtime is cheaper than a recall. The out of box quality of PC games went down the tubes the day gamers were content to download a patch off the internet.
[snapback]38329[/snapback]

True fucking that.  And end result, we suffer if we buy 1.0 version.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2007, 06:49:18 PM »
The reason the old console games were so stable is because if a game went out with a really bad bug then the only way to correct it is with the next release, and recalling all the bad software. Thus the QA department was the red headded stepchild of every software company, and they had people working 9AM to 12AM shifts through the week. Forking out money for overtime is cheaper than a recall.

\\->The out of box quality of PC games went down the tubes the day gamers were content to download a patch off the internet.
[snapback]38329[/snapback]
Exactly. And that's the way it should be.

\\-> And, unfortunately, that's the way it is.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2007, 09:12:32 PM »
Server: US - Shulgoth

Account: VaelenBloodwraith
Forum Name: JOwnsYou

ThundergodCid - Blademaster
Aluen - Marksman
Vaelenburnsyou - Evoker
« Last Edit: November 03, 2007, 11:16:50 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2007, 11:16:24 PM »
The game REALLY hates when I try and minimize it. To get it minimized I have to open the taskmanager and about half the time when I maximize it crashes.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles