Author Topic: Quake Wars, Hellgate and Sam & Max!  (Read 3772 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Quake Wars, Hellgate and Sam & Max!
« on: October 02, 2007, 03:31:18 PM »
I just got back from Best Buy with Enemy Territory: Quake Wars (released today), Sam & Max Season One and 2 Hellgate: London pre-orders.

My Quake Wars name is Jimmy James and I'll be building up experience in the Valley map since I know it from the beta/demo.

I can't wait to kick everyone's butt at various new computer games.

« Last Edit: October 02, 2007, 03:31:27 PM by 420 »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2007, 05:39:16 PM »
Let me know how sam and max runs for you. I have problems with getting my compy to run it though it did just fine when i first installed it.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2007, 08:54:40 PM »
Format ftw! ^^

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 01:38:29 PM »
Let me know how sam and max runs for you. I have problems with getting my compy to run it though it did just fine when i first installed it.
[snapback]37806[/snapback]
I just installed it this morning and I noticed a few things. First, it uses Secure ROM which is that same fucking PoS that made it so KotOR wouldn't run. I think Secure ROM has problems with Vista in general.

But I had a couple other weird problems. The intro movie had no sound and my Start Bar kept flashing into view at the bottom. Also, during the opening scene the graphics on both Sam and Max were glitchy (remember the GeForce 4400 and SoU) but once the gameplay started it seemed to clear up.

I'll play some more after lunch and see if there is any difference in gameplay. What problem are you having exactly?

« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 01:39:06 PM by 420 »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:29:31 PM »
Looks like its the old securom wont let anything work problem. Of course is doesnt help that it's part dvd and the media player is always trying to play that part.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2007, 06:00:30 PM »
Looks like its the old securom wont let anything work problem. Of course is doesnt help that it's part dvd and the media player is always trying to play that part.
[snapback]37844[/snapback]
I ran it again after changing the resolution to something closer to my desktop (1280x960, desktop = 1280x1024) and I got sound with the opening movie and no glitches at all. It sure does sound like a Secure ROM problem. Fuck they suck.

If companies didn't treat customers like criminals then we wouldn't be fucked over constantly by anti-theft "tactics". Secure ROM is the real criminal for maliciously disabling licensed software.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2007, 07:17:01 PM »
Well, about the start menu thing, that happens to me with various games, not sure the exact reason, but it has something to do with what "window" is selected, often if it's happening, no window is selected, but my game window is open. I fix it easily by just alt+tabbing into my game window, or sometimes just clicking in the game. Though that may not be the same problem you had.

I'm glad I have things for stupid crap like securom.