Author Topic: FFVII: Crisis Core  (Read 11522 times)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
FFVII: Crisis Core
« on: September 20, 2007, 05:02:49 PM »
Its finally out in japan and since i couldnt wait for the translation (it comes out in english around march or so) i "got" it on japanese, the game is really good besides i dont understand crap but the new battle system rocks, completely real time fights (not like that half assed real time fights in FFXII xD), you can dodge (roll to any side), guard and use materia and the graphics are just amazing for a psp game, almost as good as a latest ps2 game.

I found a page with the menu and commands translations, and another with the translation of the main story dialogs xD.

Chard ill take some screenshots from my psp and maybe make a little gameplay video so you can put them on your site ^^, i have a plugin that lets me take scrreenshots and make videos from the psp itself so the pics and the videos will be of decent quality (custom firmware xD). And maybe ill make a larger review of the game after i've played through it some more.

Chard!

« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 05:37:11 PM »
Awesome! I would love to put your media on HA. ^___^

About the game itself; I want it soooo bad! I'm gonna wait for the european release, and I'm gonna pray for an option that enables you to play through the game with Japanese voices and English subs. Must... have... Crisis Core...

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 07:11:42 PM »
w00t Final Fantasy on PSP plz show me the graphics or make a gameplay movie if it's good I might buy a psp just for FF i mean FF rocks!
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 20, 2007, 07:36:17 PM »
The sad truth its that the american release its around march, so the european one will be most likely near summer >_>...., if you can install the custom firware 3.40 OE-A from dark alex, you should do that if you really want to play crisis core :P, theres really no risk of doing that unless youre dumb enough to do something wrong :P, ive already changed the firmware of my psp 5 times and did it to some of my friends aswell.

The game being in japanese its not really a problem, i even got a pic with all the materia names translated xD, so ill beat it in japanese and when it comes out in english ill just beat it again lol :P.

I even know what they say cos i found another page with the dialogs translated xD so when i get to that part i just read em and then keep playing :P.

Razor crisis core its just a piece of art that DS could only dream to have! xD

There you go razor a trailer of the game with some ingame gameplay (obviously the video its on very low resolution specially the gameplay parts) and those are just normal dialogs not even FMVs xD.

Razor you better dont watch the videos or youll trash that little DS of yours to buy a PSP!!  :lol:

Crisis Core 1

Crisis Core 2

Crisis Core 3 FMW intro sequence

I found those on veoh, the FMVs are amazing they look exactly as if they were a part of the advent children movie xD.

This game sold 350.000 copies just on the first day it came out... and thats ONLY in japan omg xD.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2007, 08:47:29 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 05:37:01 PM »
allright that's it i'm buying a psp soon when I hear the FF release lol!

Nah my DS rockes I play pokemon on it!
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 05:37:14 PM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Chard!

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2007, 05:16:54 AM »
I have the heavy, old PSP but that doesn't matter. =) A good PS3 game is my first priority though. I must have something good to play on my PS3. Not some crappy PS2 Godfather ripoff. A PS3 game that I'm looking forward too is actually coming out next month. It's called Folklore. After getting this game, I'll buy the rest of my "must have" games in order of release. So it should be something like this:

1: Folklore (October 10, 2007)
2: Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII (It's probaly gonna release in europe before the games mentioned after this)
3: Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots (Winter - 2007, Early 2008.)
4: Soul Calibur 4 (It seems to be released in December in Japan, so I don't think it will take that long before it's released in Europe.)
5: Final Fantasy XIII and FF Versus XIII (Rumor has it, it will be released in March 2008. This will probaly be one of the last games I buy. It's gonna cost me quite some dough if I wanna buy both.)
6: Kingdom Hearts 3??? (I know it won't be called Kingdom Hearts 3 and that the story revolves around Roxas. There's really not more information to be found so I think the real production of this game hasn't even started yet.)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2007, 05:56:31 AM »
No Assassins Creed? xD man that game is going to rock surely :P

Im doing some videos of the limit breaks, well not really videos, the plugin says videos but all it actually does its a gif :P, good enough anyways.

But while its recording the game goes too slow and i cant really make gameplay videos but ill try, then ill just stop the automatic repetions of the gifs.

Man yesterday i got a new limit break where Zack throws his sword up and starts dancing LOL, its so funny xD.

The voice acting its very good, in the battles zack says stuffwhile attacking aswell, i understand some of them from the typical anime phrases like too slow!, come! and a few others, in one of the limit breaks where he goes mad attacking the enemy his voice really sounds like the mad baldie from bleach (Ikkaku?) lol xD.

Im already lvl 19, and Zack grew up (changes hairstyle) and got the buster sword (theres a story behind the buster sword but im not gonna spoil that unless im asked to ^^), you start with a younger Zack and a normal sword.

If i keep like this its gonna be the fourth game i beat in japanese lol (first RPG though), the other 3 were Bleach: Blade Battlers (ps2) and Bleach: Heat the Soul 3 and 4.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 06:22:33 AM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2007, 08:01:47 AM »
Ah, I knew I forgot to mention a game. =D Yeah I wan't Assassin's Creed too but FF, MGS4 and KH3 are way more important.

I already know shit about the Buster Sword because of some trailers I saw. This Angeal guy has a lot to do with it.

Looking forward to your videos.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2007, 02:44:37 PM »
yup he does :).

Heres one of the limit breaks, to bad it doesnt record sound its just a gif, ill have to look for a better plugin :P.

The limit breaks are pretty much ramdom, theyre based on the DMW (digital mind wave) system that is the slot machine on the top left corner of the screen when you get 2 of the same faces you enter modulating phase, if you get the third face it triggers a power surge (aka limit break), but its not completely ramdom over the slot machine theres a limit bar showing Zack emotion (its like a heart pulse line) when its high the limits trigger a lot more, and sometimes the slot machine shakes and the background turns red and that triggers a rare limit break or a summon (i have no summons yet though), so each main char face triggers a different limit break, ill add more later.

Genesis is the bad boy of the game (i suppose untill sephirot goes mad) its the guy with the red sword  and the red coat.

If it looks slow youll have to save it to desktop first.

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 22, 2007, 03:09:40 PM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »
Awesome Limit Break. Do you mind if I hotlink it to my site? (Giving credit to you, obviously. ^__^)

Genesis seems like a pretty good villian. It's not your typical white haired and black coated bad guy. =P I wonder if a demo will be released for the PSP, because my PSP is basically gathering dust right now... lol

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2007, 05:17:39 PM »
Yeah no problem, ill try to make high quality gif of the other limit breaks, but the psp goes so slow with the high quality recording (its like 3 times bigger image) but since theyre videos its okay cos i dont have to press any button.

Chard just install the custom firmware and play it :P, the latest custom firmware come with safe mode so even if anything goes wrong ( which i doubt) you can safely revert to your last firmware.

I dont have any original psp game lol :P, i just installed the custom firmware right after i bought the psp, i just got the psp and 2 memory sticks of 2gb.. and oh yeah the demo disk!! :P.

Chard!

« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2007, 06:00:54 PM »
I might just try the whole custom firmware ordeal, because I'm slowly becoming a low-budget gamer. lol

I'll put that GIF on the site when I update it later tonight. Hmm... Gotta write a review... And think of a new poll.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2007, 09:38:58 AM »
Since i completely forgot about adding more crisis core stuff (i got hooked on the game xD, im around half the game already or more ^^) i uploaded a lot of new stuff:
 - 6 limit breaks. (i think im missing one ill upload it another time)
 - 36 screenshots.
 - 3 gameplay movies
 - and a short fmv

Thats around 70mb, i dont have invocations yet, so when i get them ill add another bundle ^^.

Crisis Core stuff

Chard!

« Reply #13 on: September 28, 2007, 09:58:49 AM »
I'll download it and use it on HA in the next update.

Holy shit Tyrael! Those are some amazing screenshots. I can't wait to run around on the streets of Midgar myself! I guess I'm gonna upload all these pictures on HA right now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 10:52:06 AM by Chard! »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: September 28, 2007, 12:31:14 PM »
ZOMFG if all the graphics of the games on the psp are like FF i'm gonna buy psp tomorrow!!!

Besides my mp3 got broken so if I wan't a good mp3 it almost costs as much as a psp here so better go for the psp then....

Chard!

« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2007, 01:23:15 PM »
You'll need some more memory space then the standart memory stick though.

I've just uploaded Crisis Core vids on youtube and screenshots on Heartless Angel. Check all the stuff out.

Screenshots
Videos

Still busy with the videos... I'll post the official update soonish.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2007, 04:03:28 PM »
You'll need some more memory space then the standart memory stick though.

I've just uploaded Crisis Core vids on youtube and screenshots on Heartless Angel. Check all the stuff out.

Screenshots
Videos

Still busy with the videos... I'll post the official update soonish.
[snapback]37706[/snapback]

Correct me if i'm wrong but the psp utilizes memory cards like 1 or 2 gig right? I mean I just buy those...?

Chard!

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2007, 04:06:19 PM »
The standart memory stick is 32mb or so. So I'm just saying you'll have to buy a new memory stick for your PSP (Or use one you already have.) if you want to upload at least a decent amount of music on it. But you probaly know all this stuff already... lol :3

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2007, 04:42:21 PM »
The standart memory stick is 32mb or so. So I'm just saying you'll have to buy a new memory stick for your PSP (Or use one you already have.) if you want to upload at least a decent amount of music on it. But you probaly know all this stuff already... lol :3
[snapback]37708[/snapback]

Yes I know but i'm a bit confused, do you mean with memory stick a stick like this one

http://www.usbstick.nl/images/aluminium-us...y-stick-Cem.jpg if it's this one then  :blink: wtf lol?

or more memory sticks in the form of memory cards like this

http://www.letsgomobile.org/images/news/so...micro_256mb.jpg

Chard!

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2007, 05:30:01 PM »
Yes, I meant those similar to cards. =)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2007, 05:42:17 PM »
Its called memory stick pro duo, you can just say its for psp and they "should" give you the right one, theres up to 4gb memory sticks (8gb one got released in japan recently i think), i have 2 2gb memory sticks since i load the games from the memory stick thanks to the custom firmware (Crisis Core takes almost one 1.6gb ^^), so the best thing would be buying an old firmware psp that are the easier and zero risk to install the custom firmware, unles you dont mind buying games that is :P.

Btw just looking around found out that the new psp lite that came out like 2-3 weeks ago got haxed already a week ago, man those guys sure dont waste time lol.

Chard that is Port Junon street, now that you mention it i have no midgar screenshots, im on a mission right now, when i get back to midgar ill take some.

The cute orange haired girl its a member of the turks and uses the same weapon than Axel from Kingdom hearts but only one of them.

And btw chard, you typed "Tyreal" in your site!! >_<, fix it :P.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 05:46:05 PM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2007, 04:32:05 AM »
Where? =D I thought I put Tyrael everywhere. lol

Axel's weapon is a pretty cool easter egg. I want to play the game even more now.

EDIT: NVM, found the typo and fixed it. ^___^
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 04:36:33 AM by Chard! »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2007, 03:13:10 PM »
Allrighty I bought a psp (lite the new edition lol) like 3 hours ago it's charging right now next week I might buy a memory stick for it so I can start getting some music on it.

Some questions tough

-Can I for the time being put some music on the psp without the memory stick so just using the psp's integrated memory for it?

-Shouldn't I get a driver installation cd of the psp for the pc, or I just connect it via the usb and it installs automaticly?
« Last Edit: September 29, 2007, 03:13:39 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2007, 04:40:36 PM »
- You cant add anything to the psp's internal memory
- you have to buy a usb cable for the psp, one side is mini usb and the other is normal usb, and yes it installs automatically, it recognizes it as a normal usb device, when you have a memory stick on the psp though, because you cant see the internal memory.

Some ppl already found a method to run dled psp isos on the lite version already, so you might want to have a look around in google xD.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2007, 05:15:58 PM »
- You cant add anything to the psp's internal memory
- you have to buy a usb cable for the psp, one side is mini usb and the other is normal usb, and yes it installs automatically, it recognizes it as a normal usb device, when you have a memory stick on the psp though, because you cant see the internal memory.

Some ppl already found a method to run dled psp isos on the lite version already, so you might want to have a look around in google xD.
[snapback]37732[/snapback]

Yep tought so, I bought a game when I bought the psp called "Tales of the world" and when I started it it said I needed to have a memory stick for saving data lol so I knew it from there on, no problem I guess monday i'll go to the local gamestore and buy a 1 gig memory stick.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2007, 01:28:01 AM »
Tales of the world its very cool i have it ^^, its based too much on quests but besides that its a good game, lots of moves and stuff, i tried 3 classes i think all classes have their own moves ^^, im still looking for a hunter license xD but i havent played that game in a while and its all Crisis Core's fault xD. Btw didnt your psp came with a 32mb memory stick? i think it should :o.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2007, 05:16:35 AM »
Tales of the world its very cool i have it ^^, its based too much on quests but besides that its a good game, lots of moves and stuff, i tried 3 classes i think all classes have their own moves ^^, im still looking for a hunter license xD but i havent played that game in a while and its all Crisis Core's fault xD. Btw didnt your psp came with a 32mb memory stick? i think it should :o.
[snapback]37743[/snapback]

nope I checked the content of the box it comes with the psp, the device for loading the machine and the battery for the psp, hell I had even to buy the usb cable seperated.

I did buy the psp lite however, if you bought the psp phat you do have the memory card, but I mean the psp phat was like 8$ cheaper so I tought wtf i'll take the lite cuz it's smaller, lighter and has longer battery life and is much more sexier :D  :P  lol anyways doesn't matter i'll buy a 1gig mem. stick tomorrow, stupid sunday every store is closed...

Chard!

« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2007, 07:21:57 AM »
xD Yeah, only reason why sunday sucks. I have the nice sexy old PSP. :3

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2007, 02:37:25 PM »
Yeah, i bought the psp with the oldest firmware i could find xD, because i bought it with the idea of using custom firmware on it ^^, i already had tutorials and psp isos b4 i bought it lol :P.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2007, 02:40:19 PM »
Yeah, i bought the psp with the oldest firmware i could find xD, because i bought it with the idea of using custom firmware on it ^^, i already had tutorials and psp isos b4 i bought it lol :P.
[snapback]37750[/snapback]

Allow me to say: "freak!"