LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Can't send a PM

<< < (2/5) > >>

Mo:

--- Quote ---Isn't this a stolen version of IPB?
[snapback]37434[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Well I don't think it's stolen...and if it is I'm not the one who stole it as it was given to me by Nathan.

I think it's just unregistered.  Anyway it's an old version that I do not think it 100% compatible with MySQL 5.0.  Part of the reason why I don't upgrade the board is that IPB is freaking expensive.  It's like $150 for this.  I can't quite move to something else as we'd probably have to lose all our data and that would suck.  So I figure we'll stay here till the bitter end!

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote ---Well I don't think it's stolen...and if it is I'm not the one who stole it as it was given to me by Nathan.

I think it's just unregistered.  Anyway it's an old version that I do not think it 100% compatible with MySQL 5.0.  Part of the reason why I don't upgrade the board is that IPB is freaking expensive.  It's like $150 for this.  I can't quite move to something else as we'd probably have to lose all our data and that would suck.  So I figure we'll stay here till the bitter end!
[snapback]37438[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
I'm pretty sure it's stolen, I believe Nathan obtained the software illegally, and he's done so on more than one occasion. I remember running an L2 server with him, he stole a newer version of the software for that too, only he tested a certain hackers ability to get into the CP on that version, as it had a well-known security flaw, and the hacker got in. He didn't do anything, but invision power services came along and warned Nathan about running a stolen version of the software... so I'm pretty sure the hacker tipped them off. :lol:

Oh, I know how expensive the software is, I intend to go with it once I pay for hosting and a domain for mine and my fiance's IF board. I know it's over $300 dollars as I'm going with the package that gives me the most recent software and keeps allowing me to upgrade to new versions when they come out. I figure if I'm going to pay once, I might as well go all the way and be able to keep my board 'with the times.'

Anyhow, if this version wasn't stolen, IPB would do all the work moving all of the data, posts, polls, information, to the new upgraded version of the software. But by no means am I suggesting you should upgrade, just laying the info on the table.

Throbblefoot:
The license isn't stolen; we're just "unregistered" (though that has little to do with Nathan's adherence to law). Basically, given the age of the software, and the fact that this version was distributed for free, we're in compliance.

-Throbblefoot

Mo:

--- Quote --- I remember running an L2 server with him, he stole a newer version of the software for that too, only he tested a certain hackers ability to get into the CP on that version, as it had a well-known security flaw, and the hacker got in.
[snapback]37440[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

L2J was completely free.

Soul Sojourner:

--- Quote ---L2J was completely free.
[snapback]37444[/snapback]
--- End quote ---
What's L2J have to do with stolen IPB software? I was talking about IPB, not the lineage server. He stole IPB software for the board we used for the server.

--- Quote ---The license isn't stolen; we're just "unregistered" (though that has little to do with Nathan's adherence to law). Basically, given the age of the software, and the fact that this version was distributed for free, we're in compliance.
--- End quote ---
Oh. Though I'm not sure I'd believe that, just because Nathan was the one who told me it was stolen in the first place a long ass time ago. Doesn't matter either way. If it's not, that just means if you did want to upgrade, you actually could, probably without any problems from IPB. :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version