LucidMagic > Feedback & Community

Can't send a PM

<< < (5/5)

Mo:

--- Quote ---The software was already stolen and installed on the site, the hacker just used a flaw in the software security to break into the admin CP... it had nothing to do with cracking it.
[snapback]37482[/snapback]
--- End quote ---

Ah you should have elaborated on that before.  What was the flaw?  I'd like to know cause I have an older version of the same software.  Though my admin cp is pretty much disabled after the change I made to fix the image problem.  I'll have to sort that one out later but at least no one will complain.

Soul Sojourner:
I thought I did, pretty well. I said it in almost the same words...

Not every version will have the flaw just because that one did, I think that was 2.1 or some shit, it was a newer one at the time, newer than this version. Older versions didn't have that specific flaw, I recall the hacker saying just that version had that particular flaw, he proved it to Nathan by exploiting it. I didn't know what the flaw was, just that there was one, and the hacker was proving it to 'us.' Namely, Nathan. Known security flaws are easy to find out, just look up this version of the software to see if there are any, and if there are, you'll probably find solutions to patch them as well. Like version 1.3 has a couple, IF has them patched by default on creation of new boards. The reason the flaws don't usually carry into other versions beyond just one, is because they usually fix the flaws in the next versions. With new features and changes new ones appear in newer versions, and are typically fixed in the following version.

Another reason I plan to just pay the extra money to be able to keep upgrading my software.

Anheg:
PMs still dont work. Could Mo, Throbble, or Hell respond to my thread?

http://lucidmagic.net/forum/index.php?show...t=0&#entry37829

Alfred still wants Punts and Laurents phone numbers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version