Author Topic: Goin' shoppin"  (Read 7096 times)

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« on: July 14, 2007, 10:16:32 PM »
So, it came time for my bi-annual bicycle upgrade and this is what I got. Two Specailized "Armadillo", puncture resistant, street tires, Front and rear cartridge style brake pads for LX gold V-brakes, two sets of replacement pads for same brakes (because the next time I'll need pads the next model will be out and they will be twice as expensive,) new cables for both brake sets, handlebar grips, and a "Body Geometry" seat. Total cost after tax: $234.25. I don't post this to try and impress you, more to irk all of you who spend that much, or more, every month to maintain a car which you problably don't need so often. Okay let me get down off my political fat tires, and for those of you who cycle, here's a toast for you!
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2007, 12:50:30 AM »
If I were to bicycle to work, I would probably have to get up at six in the morning. Or earlier, and have alot less free-time (maybe a couple hours). Besides that, I'm worn out enough after work, I don't need the ride home to be miserable as well. My work is almost 11 miles away, that's 22 miles every day I work. I also can't pick a bunch of people up and travel quickly on a bicycle. I don't live in Europe... I live in the country in the U.S. I don't need a bike, I need a fuckin' car.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2007, 01:20:27 AM »
Sounds great Cuch! What kind of bike is it? Just your everyday bike or a cycling bike. Like somoene that cycles in races and what not would use? Just curious. I dont have the err....whats the word...motivation to ride a bike :D. Lol.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2007, 01:45:24 AM »
My work is almost 11 miles away, that's 22 miles every day I work. I also can't pick a bunch of people up and travel quickly on a bicycle. I don't live in Europe... I live in the country in the U.S. I don't need a bike, I need a fuckin' car.
[snapback]36554[/snapback]
After my bad spill I got examined by a doctor who cycled from Marin county, across the Golden Gate Bridge, and all the way into SFSU in the south western part of San Francisco. Easily 20 miles one way. That's some fukkin' riding! I do the 2nd half of my daily commute uphill and I get home sweaty tired and it feels G E W D!!! Eleven miles HeLL? Aww comeon, you can do that in an hour, depending on terrain that is.
Though if you are carpooling then that's top notch too.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2007, 01:52:00 AM by cuchulann »

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2007, 02:09:51 AM »
Sounds great Cuch! What kind of bike is it? Just your everyday bike or a cycling bike. Like somoene that cycles in races and what not would use? Just curious. I dont have the err....whats the word...motivation to ride a bike :D. Lol.
[snapback]36555[/snapback]
I ride on a 1995 model, Dos XX, Barracuda. It was comperable in quality to the GT's and the high end Specialized bikes of the time. it's a mountin bike frame and gearing though now I ride on street tires for commuting. the Low gearing makes for good climbing in SF. I used to go on trail and overland riding on it years ago but now my big thrill is a banzai run down into rush hour. I am glad there are other cyclists on the road at the same time for the safety in numbers factor.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Goin' shoppin"
« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2007, 02:10:38 AM »
I ride on a 1995 model, Dos XX, Barracuda. It was comperable in quality to the GT's and the high end Specialized bikes of the time. it's a mountin bike frame and gearing though now I ride on street tires for commuting. the Low gearing makes for good climbing in SF. I used to go on trail and overland riding on it years ago but now my big thrill is a banzai run down into rush hour. I am glad there are other cyclists on the road at the same time for the safety in numbers factor.
[snapback]36558[/snapback]

Hehe, I bet so! Safety in numbers is a good thing!
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?