Author Topic: Civilization 4  (Read 3305 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Civilization 4
« on: June 12, 2007, 01:37:02 AM »
Does anyone else play Civ IV?

I've recently bought the expantion, Warlords, and have been playing it. . .a lot and am looking for more people to play with.

THe only stipulation is that I use Ventrilo when I play and so must you. If you dont use a mic its kinda dull from lack of conversation but w/e.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2007, 01:37:16 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Civilization 4
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 07:50:43 AM »
I've always tried to get into the Civ games, but they never stuck with me.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Civilization 4
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 01:38:20 PM »
I liked Civ 1 and 2 but 3 was WAY too hard because they tweaked it so you can't build every wonder (or whatever they are called) and dominate every other civilization.

Civ 2 was the best after Alpha Centauri which was far superior to every other civ game. In fact I still play it regularly.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Civilization 4
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
In 4 you can build all the wonders you want but it generaly takes enough time that your cities get the lil frowning and angry faces and you're screwed.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Civilization 4
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 07:48:40 PM »
I liked Civ 1 and 2 but 3 was WAY too hard because they tweaked it so you can't build every wonder (or whatever they are called) and dominate every other civilization.

Civ 2 was the best after Alpha Centauri which was far superior to every other civ game. In fact I still play it regularly.

[snapback]35887[/snapback]
You can build all the wonders in three, as well as dominate EVERY civilization. It just depends on your game settings and diffiliculty settings. You just need the appropriate buildings, resources, and/or technology to build certain wonders and the little wonders. Which I'm not sure what they're called, but they have sweet effects, but aren't nearly as good as big wonders. Also, domination, depending on the map settings or game settings, works just fine. You can completely obliterate all of your enemies, and usual settings just makes them come back one time after you defeat them elsewhere. Meaning you have to whipe them out twice.

The way I usually end up winning is by cultural influence and taking all of the enemies cities because they border my territory, and the people of their cities that border my territoy revolt and join... me! Bwahahaha!

Also, if you feel like being a dick and playing unfairly, which is always splendid, for Civ 3:
CyberMan Trainer 1.29

Works nice at that. Non-expansion Civ 3 only, I believe.