Author Topic: DS owns PSP!  (Read 15276 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« on: June 04, 2007, 05:36:23 PM »
DS owns PSP...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2007, 06:01:30 PM »
DS owns PSP...
[snapback]35540[/snapback]
U people need to get over yourselves. Everytime a person mentions DS or PSP someone else always has to say something like that.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2007, 06:20:34 PM »
I dont care about that, but just to put it this way DS its just childish and mostly for girls xD besides nintendo games overall have always been childish (like 90%), besides b4 saying that you should ask to yourself what was the best handheld game of the past year :P (of course for PSP). DS got another prize of less category for Nintendogs because its.. guess what...   CHILDISH!!

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2007, 03:09:09 AM »
DS owns PSP...
[snapback]35540[/snapback]

Liar.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #4 on: June 05, 2007, 05:01:46 PM »
I dont care about that, but just to put it this way DS its just childish and mostly for girls xD besides nintendo games overall have always been childish (like 90%), besides b4 saying that you should ask to yourself what was the best handheld game of the past year :P (of course for PSP). DS got another prize of less category for Nintendogs because its.. guess what...   CHILDISH!!
[snapback]35542[/snapback]

For starters DS is definetly not childish, I know ppl playing it from ages 20 and higher.
Second DS sold WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more then PsP just because it's more fun to play the combination between DS and the touchscreen is just freaking nice.

anyway ontopic: Bleach is nice I love the bounto's!
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #5 on: June 05, 2007, 05:29:46 PM »
Second DS sold WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more then PsP just because it's more fun to play the combination between DS and the touchscreen is just freaking nice.
[snapback]35569[/snapback]
Either that or the $30 price difference.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2007, 06:11:36 PM »
For starters DS is definetly not childish, I know ppl playing it from ages 20 and higher.

anyway ontopic: Bleach is nice I love the bounto's!
Well, just because older people use it, doesn't negate his opinion that it's childish. People over 20 watch spongebob and that is definitely childish. This doesn't mean I am agreeing with him, however, just pointing something out.

God knows I think they both suck. :lol:

And yes, Bleach is awesome as fuck. Just waiting for new episodes for it and Death Note is painful! :(

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #7 on: June 05, 2007, 07:58:33 PM »

Razor you should really check where you get that information from b4 posting mindless things:

For the first part, DS ITS CHILDISH wether you like it or not, you can go and compare DS and PSP graphic and game themes, then you can talk, and yes i know graphics dont really matter for having fun, but doesnt negate the fact that nintendo have always been childish, one of the reasons psone completely owned n64, when n64 system was overall like double times better than psone, but they just kept releasing crappy childish games,
to be honest the only game i like from nintendo are the zeldas.

For the second part, DS may have sold more than PSP but theres not much difference besides DS got released first and on better sales date and nintendo has always owned the handheld market, but even with that before the DSlite was released PSP was selling more than DS, besides as 420 said DS its much cheaper, so fathers that buy gifts for their children always buy the cheaper one as they dont care wether if its better or not.

And now with the fact that you can use your psp as a controller for the ps3 and access your ps3 from anywhere in the world, surely DS will fall under again or rely on lowering the price more or adding something similar for the Wii, because since psp release everything that gets added to psp, they copy it for the ds few months later.

So no offense but you nintendo fanboys that always talk without knowing anything should look closer b4 saying stuff like that xD.

But then theres always ppl that likes childish games or that always have been loyal to nintendo, everyone have his likes and dislikes.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 08:08:29 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #8 on: June 05, 2007, 09:53:41 PM »
Split the topic. Here you go, ladies gentlemen. :lol:

God knows I had nothing to do with this argument! Wasn't me, dammit!

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #9 on: June 05, 2007, 10:28:57 PM »
I admit that I haven't played on any consoles in a long time but I'll just put in my two cents about Nintendo being "childish".

The first Nintendo available in America was the NES and I had the choice between that and the Sega Genesis.

I liked the Capcom arcade games and that was only available through the NES, not to mention the original Final Fantasy so I went with that.

But check it out, Nintendo's icon was Mario, an Italian plumber from New York that would pop mushrooms and travel to some magical fantasy land, through the sewer pipes, to rescue the princess of the mushrooms from Gamera. Hardly childish despite how innocent it seems.

Not to mention NES had a Golgo 13 game in 1990, which was pretty intense back then.

While playstation may be presented as a more adult console, I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss the subversive qualities of Nintendo.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2007, 10:29:21 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #10 on: June 05, 2007, 11:06:29 PM »
Golgo 13 rocked

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #11 on: June 06, 2007, 09:50:41 AM »
In my opinion: Playstation and all her consoles have always been the master in the gaming world. That's mostly because Playstation always had a much more attractive line of games to offer. Nintendo had some good games but it also relied heavily upon ports of other consoles. Mostly ports from the Playstation. =)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is a good example of this. Twin Snakes is basically the original Metal Gear Solid from the good old PSone, ported to the Gamecube with better graphics.

Sure some MGS fans shook their fists at Konami for not re-releasing the game for Playstation, but most of the older PS players already played the game on the PSone. So no hard feelings.

Playstation was also the first console to present more memory space with their discs. Nintendo still had those annoying memory stick-like cartidges.

Nintendo still had some very good games to offer before the Playstation came out though. The best example for this would be Square's ultimate gaming series: Final Fantasy.

Although when Square made the smart move to create Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation, they really starded to shine. In 3D sweetness baby!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #12 on: June 06, 2007, 10:28:57 AM »
I like Playstation. I like Xbox more than playstation. I like Nintendo less than Playstation.

Except that the SNES and NES kicks all the competitions asses.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:29:20 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #13 on: June 06, 2007, 10:31:11 AM »
I like the emulators. =D Did you ever play FFVI on the SNES? Lot's o' fun!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #14 on: June 06, 2007, 10:39:14 AM »
Nah, I never got to play the FF series. I plan to at some point, but never got around to it.

Legend of Dragoon and the Dragon Warrior games on Playstation were some worthy titles though. Those games kicked ass. Twisted Metal ftw!

There were alot of good NES and SNES games. Such as Dragon Warrior, Chrono Trigger, Seiken Densetsu was pretty good, Zelda, Super Mario RPG, etc. Fighting games kicked ass too. I enjoyed things like Street Fighter alot. Even Clay Fighters. I also used to like the Claymates game, and the Mega Man games were fun. Alot of other great ones, no doubt.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 10:39:30 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 11:49:31 AM »
Razor you should really check where you get that information from b4 posting mindless things:
[snapback]35581[/snapback]

And you should look more before calling someone a liar.

First of all I know this because I'm a member on thousands of forums here are some
Cad Forums
Telenet forums
Nintendo forums

Oke the two last forums you won't understand shit cuz it's dutch but still it shows that a lot of people play Nintendo from whatever age group they are.

As Hell pointed out Yes you can be like 40 years old and behave like you're 10 years old there are people like that sure....but there are normal persons that behave according their age and still enjoy normal things from wich a kid would enjoy.
You pointing out Nintendo is childish is probably the people around your enviroment share the same opinion...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 12:08:03 PM »
Playstation and all her consoles have always been the master in the gaming world.
[snapback]35600[/snapback]
But, Playstation didn't exist back when the NES and Genesis were on the market. And before that it was the Atari 2600, Intellivision and Colecovision. Playstation has hardly "always" been the master and in fact, its mastery is still debatable.

That's mostly because Playstation always had a much more attractive line of games to offer. Nintendo had some good games but it also relied heavily upon ports of other consoles. Mostly ports from the Playstation. =)

Metal Gear Solid: Twin Snakes is a good example of this. Twin Snakes is basically the original Metal Gear Solid from the good old PSone, ported to the Gamecube with better graphics.
Hate to burst your bubble but NES had the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. Metal Gear was probably the most unique and fun console games I ever played, ranks just under Final Fantasy as my favorite NES game.

Playstation was also the first console to present more memory space with their discs. Nintendo still had those annoying memory stick-like cartidges.
More memory perhaps, but disks always mean a longer loading time than solid state cartridges. May not seem like a big deal now but to those of us who had to sit for 30 minutes while our Radioshack TRS 80 (or Commodore 64) loaded a game from a 360 KB 5.25" floppy, console gaming was synonymous with "cartridge" because of the difference in load time compared to computers.

Although when Square made the smart move to create Final Fantasy VII on the Playstation, they really starded to shine. In 3D sweetness baby!
Also smart of them to release it on the PC. I'll never understand the game industry's decision to only create games for a single platform.

Oh and yes, Mega Man and Clay Fighter rocked too, and Zelda of course. I avoided mentioning those because they may be seen as childish games.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 12:10:16 PM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 01:59:03 PM »
History lesson:

Nintendo was the one who thought about using CDs as a medium for consoles.  They went to Sony with the idea and Sony was to develop the SNES-CD.  What ensued is one of the most interesting portions in the console industry.  Basically Nintendo didn't like the contract between them and Sony and secretly abandoned the partnership instead opting to ally with Phillips.  Sony had no idea until the Phillips-Nintendo product was announced.  Obviously Sony was quite upset over this.  They ended up releasing the Playstation on their own.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 01:59:34 PM by Mo »

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 02:10:34 PM »
Hate to burst your bubble but NES had the original Metal Gear and Metal Gear 2. Metal Gear was probably the most unique and fun console games I ever played, ranks just under Final Fantasy as my favorite NES game.
[snapback]35611[/snapback]

I was referring to the original Metal Gear Solid. Which was only released for the Playstation. So I don't really see how that bursts my bubble.

That's interesting information Mo. I guess I should study the history of consoles some more.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:12:30 PM by Chard! »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 02:38:58 PM »
I was referring to the original Metal Gear Solid. Which was only released for the Playstation. So I don't really see how that bursts my bubble.
[snapback]35620[/snapback]
Just that the Metal Gear series got started on Nintendo (aka King of the Consoles). There would be no "Solid" without Metal Gear.

« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 02:39:44 PM by 420 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 02:50:31 PM »
Razor those are still nintendo fanboys forums, so they can say whatever they want.
besides the childish games opinion, everything i posted was from news sites not forums.
And if you even read my last post the ds childish games its a fact more than an opinion if you compare their games to psp.
Theres nothing bad about liking childish stuff but that still doesnt negate the fact that they ARE childish nor makes the player childish, my dad its 56 years old and he watches all kinds of cartoons like bob squarepants and dexter's laboratory and he is more of a rude person than childish.

Of course im not saying ALL ds games are childish but about 90% of them are.
For example:

Mario and yoshi games - childish
Pokemon - childish
Nintendogs - childish
Kirby - childish
Animal Crossing - childish
and the list goes on....

Those are most or less most known DS games with higher score on gamespot, so if you dont count the multiplataform games that you can play on other consoles, that leaves ds with just metroid, and maybe another, since ds doesnt have a zelda yet if im not mistaken.

Now for PSP

Tekken Dark Resurrection...
GTA Liberty/Vice City Stories...
Metal Gear: Portable Ops
Siphon Filter
Socom
Killzone: Liberation
The Warriors
Untold Legends
Valhalla Knights (i love this game).
And so on...

Even on a closer look if you browse all reviews for both psp and ds, at the end of the fourth page ds games have already 3s while psp games on the fourth page are still at 6s, then DS has 39 games with less than a 5 and psp has just 13 games under a 5...

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 03:35:58 PM »
Just that the Metal Gear series got started on Nintendo (aka King of the Consoles). There would be no "Solid" without Metal Gear.

[snapback]35621[/snapback]

"Father of Consoles" would be a more suitable title. Sure Nintendo was the king in the old days, but clearly Playstation has stolen that precious title away. Even Stephen Hawking can see that lots of franchises moved on from Nintendo to Playstation when they saw what the console had to offer. Popular franchises that have been mentioned here. Franchises that couldn't have evolved to what they are now if it wasn't for the Playstation technology.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 03:45:47 PM »
Razor those are still nintendo fanboys forums, so they can say whatever they want.
[snapback]35622[/snapback]

OMFG do you have eyes if you do they must be bad like your english or even worse :blink:

I mean HOW THE FUCK would the CAD forum count as a fanboy forum when there are threads for pc's, Playstation, and other consoles. Not to mention that that forum handles other things then games...
The Second forum is a GAMING forum wich includes ALL GAMING PLATFORMS and the third forum was INDEED A FANBOY FORUM, now go out there and buy a pair of glasses....
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 03:46:17 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 06:53:20 PM »
I didnt even open any of the forums, even if it has other console tabs, its still the same ... fanboys can still post on those tabs... cant they? so that was a totally nonsense comment, just to evade the whole point of my last post.

But well guess i saw that coming after seeing your points....
DS owns PSP
then you rely on opinions by other fanboys on forums, and then out of ideas you resort to insult my english and my eyes to evade the rest of my post? i really had though better of you :P.

But then guess theres nothing else you could do, everyone with a bit of common sense would see looking at those games, that ds has just mostly childish games wether you like it or not and psp has more serious games (with way better graphics), but of course both can be fun in their own way.  

and i didnt rely on any forum opinion to come up with all those points, theyre all from review pages.

To make it even more clear and to not make you think much theres 2 pics.
high rated ds game pokemon and psp's metal gear portable ops

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:03:10 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:44 PM »
Sorry for double posting but i prefered to put this on a different post.

PSP wins best handheld game award; DS gets family nod
Oct 29th 2006.
The 24th annual Golden Joysticks awards were awarded on Friday. Unlike many other awards, the Golden Joysticks are voted for by the fans. Nintendo DS fans will be comforted to know their handheld took the "Family Game of the Year" and "Girl's Choice" awards with their pet simulator Nintendogs. However, PSP fanboys will be glad to know that we got... well, an award that really matters: the "Handheld Game of the Year." It was awarded to the impressive Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (whose sequel is coming out in just a few days).

The "Game of the Year" award went to a non-PSP game, Oblivion. But wait, we're getting that too. I guess Nintendo fans can just enjoy yet another version of Nintendogs.

Hows that now? doesnt look like DS is owning anything to me.... yeah well at least you have "girls choice" award  :rofl:

And PSP is not getting only Oblivion, but Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core and a God of War game exclusive to PSP (not a port from Ps2)
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:15:59 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 07:08:46 PM »
Lol, keep it up fellas. Just reading this is entertaining. :lol:

Eww Pokemon! *spits* Uck.
Hey, that second picture is sexy.

Chard!

DS owns PSP!
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 07:31:09 PM »
Tyreal really pwned the DS with those last two posts. I mean damn... lol

Is Oblivion coming for PSP? Kickass! Can't wait for Crisis Core either.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 07:34:36 PM »
And now this is the hotness of all PSP games xD
Bleach Heat the Soul 4 trailer
The voice acting its just cool they yell all move names when you execute them.

Note: if your not up to episode 120+ it has some few minor spoilers (just on chars nothing about story)

You can play it no problem since the part that does matter (all menus) are all in english.
And theres a guide for the mission battles that translates all mission objetives  :D.

Edit: yes chard oblivion was supposed to be released around this time but it got pushed back all the way to september, for better graphic polishing, fixing stuff and those things.
And yeah i cant wait for crisis core either, comes out in japan in september, so i guess after a few months, it will come out in english (i hope ^^).
« Last Edit: June 06, 2007, 07:49:14 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #28 on: June 07, 2007, 01:06:11 PM »
I didnt even open any of the forums, even if it has other console tabs, its still the same ... fanboys can still post on those tabs... cant they? so that was a totally nonsense comment, just to evade the whole point of my last post.
[snapback]35632[/snapback]

First of all i'm not avoiding anything? in your previous posts you just said your opinion about what childish games are according to you and what not and I respect that I respect everyone's oppinion because everyone is entitled to have one.

Now for the fanboy thing forum every gaming forum has a section "handheld" so everyone cas post anywhere but if some fanboy post in a "general discussions" thread for example "DS ownzzzz" it get's deleted it's not because they are DS fanboys that they don't have anything to say so you can't say they are Fanboys forums....because they also have a "psp" section....

The point I pointed out that DS sold way more then psp is the truth at least here in Belgium is DS DID sold more then PsP....I don't know how it is somewhere else.

Now for the award thingie well sure OKE FINE I'LL ADMIT the DS does have a childish look and some games are childish but some are not like Final Fantasy III that's just a damn classic, and the use of touchscreen is something I like, and that's why I also like Nintendo I mean they aren't afraid of experimenting and improving for example the DS is just a far more improved gameboy with a touchscreen and with more powerfuller hardware no? The Wii is just a improved Cube with just awesome fucking controllers (lol)

All in the end everyone likes what they like no? If you have fun on it fine but I just expressed my opinion and in my eyes Nintendo DS is just far more better then a PsP...

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
DS owns PSP!
« Reply #29 on: June 07, 2007, 03:51:18 PM »
Experimenting? a simple touch screen?
Now this is experimenting:
PSP Firmware 3.50:
Released a few days ago, with this last firmware update you can use PSP as a controller for the Ps3 which isnt bad but now for the good part, you can access to your Ps3 HDD from anywhere in the world through the PSP, so you can watch movies, your pics, listen to your music, and surely playing to the games you got through ps3 store without it taking space on your memory stick amongst other things.
Then DS completly failed to copy PSPs online features, since besides cartridges (or whatever it uses for the games) it doesnt have anything to actually store stuff.

DS
Fun (or so they say)
Crappy graphics
Touch screen
like 90% of the games are childish and some others are just old games ripoffs.
Barely anything else.
For me DS is nothing else than a GBA "rebranding" with a touch screen and half assed Wi-Fi

PSP (this is also Experimenting :P)
Fun
Close to Ps2 graphics (amazing for a handheld)
More serious and more variety of games.
Movies
Music
You can even add a camera to the mini-usb port
You can download firmware updates, wallpapers, themes, demos, etc.. from the PSP
Flash player
You can play psone games on the psp (added on a firmware update few months ago)
Apart from psone you can play any game from gameboy, NES, SNES, Mega Drive (aka Genesis), nintendo 64 amongst others (emulators).
Ps3 Controller
Access Ps3 from anywhere in the world.

Its true DS have sold more but because its way cheaper (at least here b4 PSP price drop last month it was 200-220â?¬ and the DS 120-140â?¬) and more kids have it since parents always buy the cheap stuff (unless theyre rich and dont care about it) and if i had a son of lets say 5-12 years old i would rather buy him a DS than a PSP most likely (save money, and games more suited for kids), its true grown up people also have it mostly girls... but well, the reason is by far not because the DS better,
more like its cheaper, the touch screen or the old/childish game themes.
Wait untill Ps3 and PSP price drops closer to Wii / DS and ill tell to a story...

DS owns PSP

Even that was a childish comment that was uncalled for in the first time.
I was just explaining why i though theyre not killing Aizen any soon and you came up with that for no reason, how old are you? 15-16?, cos i know some guys that have a DS just cos their parents didnt want to buy him a PSP instead for the price difference,
and surely theres even way more like those out there.
Then i know some other fathers that have a PSP for themselves and his sons.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 07:34:22 PM by tyrael084 »