Author Topic: Dungeon Runners  (Read 11149 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« on: May 25, 2007, 03:25:16 PM »
Official Site: www.dungeonrunners.com

Free to download, free to play on their servers. You pay cash for "high end" equipment if you want it. Sort of like how Gunz works only it's a dungeon crawl like D2.

Anyone interested in this game? I'll only check it out if I can get a few people together to team up with.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:36:06 PM »
i'll try it out later, sure

-elessar

Chard!

Dungeon Runners
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
Interesting...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 10:04:14 PM »
I might consider it, though I've never been too fond of 'dungeon crawls.' I'll inspect the site later and look it over.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 03:34:03 AM »
Downloading it now

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 06:01:44 AM »
The graphics kinda look WoW??
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2007, 08:42:33 AM »
gameplay video looks kinda cheesy.....maybe i'll try it later if i'm bored...

-elessar

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2007, 09:36:17 AM »
Ill try it, looks kinda decent (surely ive plave lots of worse ones) and you can move with keyboard, woot! (you cant on most mmorpgs, which kinda pisses me off).
Downloading...

So if any of you dled it already, what are your names?
1 hour 10 mins to go.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2007, 09:47:12 AM »
and you can move with keyboard, woot! (you cant on most mmorpgs, which kinda pisses me off).
[snapback]35361[/snapback]

you can move with keyboard on WoW, GW, LOTR online, Vanguard, soon TCOS, even L2 moves with keyboard....
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2007, 10:58:11 AM »
you can move with keyboard on WoW, GW, LOTR online, Vanguard, soon TCOS, even L2 moves with keyboard....
[snapback]35362[/snapback]
Please forgive Tyrael, he can't help that he has brain damage. :lol:

I'll probably give it a looksee after work, but I sort of have to go to work now. LOL  :D

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2007, 11:09:24 AM »
Lineage 2 doesnt move with keyboard..(at least on private servers you cant)
but anyways that was my fault, i meant to say most FREE mmorpgs dont move with keyboard.

hell if my brain is damaged, yours is completely destroyed and useless.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2007, 11:46:53 AM »
I played for a little bit started with a mage.  There's a lot of silly names for equipment and the language and style of the game is geared towards the silliness of RPG.
It's a lot like Diablo 1 and I gotta say I'll stick to leveling my Diablo characters because I'm not crazy about having so many skill points and abilities to decide on which should get how many.  There is an option to redistribute them but that costs gold.
Also items can drop that are restricted to membership players.  Membership is $5 a month.  I don't see a problem with unless they go PvP or if you play a lot without a membership and cap out on equipment.
I'd also like to have long range with my magic which is something Diablo 1 has.
I'll play again but I'll make a fighter and see how that goes.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 11:49:37 AM by Meclar »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2007, 12:07:12 PM »
The game is kinda simple, im lvl 4 ranger now, i dont like the way monsters drop items you cant use, they could have just set up a premium item shop like all other games instead of make them drop and say you cant use it cos its needs suscription... but well.
my name is eowiel and im playing on world 2, it only lets you create 1 char so i guess ill make another acc later.

Chard!

Dungeon Runners
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2007, 12:54:43 PM »
I'm playing on World 1 right now with my knight. I'd say the game is pretty fun and very WoW-like. My character's name is Chard.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 03:18:52 PM »
the game is nothin close to WoW you must be seeing things... >_<
maybe the only thing is... that you get xp and lvl lol

Chard!

Dungeon Runners
« Reply #15 on: May 26, 2007, 04:25:17 PM »
I'm talking ofcourse, about the look and feel of the game. The cartoony-like characters and NPC's remind me of WoW everytime I see them. Sure WoW's graphics are better but you know what I mean...

---------

lvl 7 right now. I saw lvl 89 players walking around so I'll be burning the midnight oil.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #16 on: May 26, 2007, 05:08:16 PM »
im lvl 7 too ill check world 1 if i can find you.
i have lvl 6 ranger and lvl 7 mage maybe ill try fighter too lol
but anyways seems that later on you can change your class just by buying and equipping the passive skills of other classes.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #17 on: May 26, 2007, 06:52:43 PM »
but anyways that was my fault, i meant to say most FREE mmorpgs dont move with keyboard.

[snapback]35365[/snapback]
Ha! Proof that you have a damaged brain.

See, that's completely illogical. But I expected no less from one with a damaged brain! :lol:

I'm going to the site in a sec, after I'm done posting and shit. We'll see, we'll see... I'll probably just end up going to play GunZ or something... MMORPG's...  :bad:

Chard!

Dungeon Runners
« Reply #18 on: May 26, 2007, 08:10:49 PM »
This MMORPG is surprisengly fun HMH. It really reminds me of exploring the dungeon with a team at Antes or GS in NWN.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2007, 08:11:08 PM by Chard! »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2007, 09:07:45 PM »
The interesting aspect I see in this is how the dungeons randomly generate... so does this make grinding with certain monsters in a certain location of the world impossible because it's randomly generated? If so, that is a huge plus, then there can't be any of that "grind here for fast leveling" and "grind here and here and here for these types of item drops" and bla bla bla. That's an aspect of MMORPG's that is common in many of them that I also hated.

The thing that REALLY detracts me though, is how there is "MEMBERS" with special benefits and shit... it will turn out eventually that these Members will get WAY more than those who play for free, and that will really suck. They said more member privileges are coming on the site. That's quite unattractive in my opinion. I hope it won't be like alot of games, where they shove it in your face left and right all the shit you COULD do/have if you were a member. -_-

I may actually download it later, now that I've checked out the site, depending on how big the game is though, I have very little space on my HDD right now.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2007, 12:59:39 PM »

Yes you can i also played on private servers it moved perfectly with keyboard only thing was it reacted 5 seconds later when you pressed a button, but L2 is a old game and prolly configured for the mouse tough.
[snapback]35365[/snapback]

Three letters: lol

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2007, 02:37:06 PM »
Alright, I have just finished playing about an hours worth of Dungeon Runners, in which time I got a level 3 fighter, deleted that then created a level 4 mage, deleted that and then created a level 2 ranger.

The fighter somehow manages to have a fricken lot of health even though it starts out with a penalty to endurance, which makes absolutely no sense whatsoever since the fighter tends to have to tank, where lots of health = very good. This seems to contradict the "Health Nut" passive skill it has, which gives it a shit load of health. The Fighter also kills the slowest, and levels the slowest, because it has to hit a lot.

The mage for some reason has an endurance bonus as it starts out even though mages are generally the "frail" ones. Like the fighter with health, the mage manages to accumulate a shitload of mana, at level 4 I had 1000+ and I didn't even pour all of my points into intellect. The mage kills the fastest, but is not the fastest leveler.

The ranger makes about as much sense as the others. It isn't the slowest or the fastest killer, but it is the fastest leveler. It doesn't really accumulate much of anything.

The mage and ranger also have a rather odd time with aiming their shots/spells that only require a direction, because you can have your mouse right on the target(which is standing still) and you'll still miss.

All in all this game sucked. It looks like a joke computer project a bunch of college kids put together for kicks. None of it is meshes and everything seems out of character. Moola is also really hard to come by, especially considering how fricken expensive skills are. Most of the potions(and I used barely any to begin with) require membership, and really it's not even a fun hack-and-slash. You click, it dies. Woohoo? I don't know how it is later in the game, but it failed to hold my attention long enough for me to find out.

If you don't already have a PlayNC account, don't bother creating one for this game. It sucks.

-Elessar

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #22 on: May 27, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
Yes you can i also played on private servers it moved perfectly with keyboard only thing was it reacted 5 seconds later when you pressed a button, but L2 is a old game and prolly configured for the mouse tough.
Three letters: lol
[snapback]35381[/snapback]

L2 only moves with keyboard on some private servers that implemented it cos they wanted ( thats the reason for the delay), on the oficial they removed it years ago for the  wall glitch (like in nwn you could go through walls).

And elessar that depends on the people likings me and chard have had fun on it, were both lvl 15 (unless he have lvled more :P). whats the problem with it? you wanna kill a monster and boom! lvl 50? or what?, the mage sure kills faster at lower lvls but once youre like lvl 7 or so mages start to die easy (like in almost every game) but they still do lots of dmg. At highter lvls its funnier for the hunt of items and the monsters killing.
the skills arent that expensive cos you gets lots of money as you lvl, so a barely lvl 4 cant judge a game for the others, maybe just for yourself.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #23 on: May 27, 2007, 06:43:33 PM »
well if a game can't keep my attention long enough for me to get there, then it sucks, imo

-elessar

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #24 on: May 30, 2007, 04:36:39 PM »
420 gave out the idea and i think hes not even playing :P or are you?
Chard you're not gonna play anymore?

Well anyways im lvl 21 ranger now ^^
and lvl 12 battle mage.

Most item names are funny, and ive seen two handed pizza slicers, chainsaws and a shotgun i can use next lvl xD.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #25 on: May 30, 2007, 07:41:31 PM »
well if a game can't keep my attention long enough for me to get there, then it sucks, imo
-elessar
[snapback]35385[/snapback]
I think I said I agree before... but I ended up splitting the topic because I got on someone's nerves and started an argument I think. I know I split the topic... but I'm not sure if this is the one where I got on Tyraels nerves. lol. :lol:

I'm not gunna waste the time, cause I just don't have the space nor the patience for something like that right now, I just want to kick back, relax, and do something semi-constructive. I'm planning on learning more German today, ah, that ought to be pleasant. After I listen to some German FolkMetal, then I will. While I do a spyware scan, which I like to do from time to time, even if it's usually all tracker cookies. :lol:

I know I'm ranting, but you know what, fuck you. :D Anyway, if you add the fact that it's in an MMORPG, even though I have the space but don't want to use it, as the little I have is precious, that just makes the cons outweigh the pros.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2007, 07:42:35 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2007, 08:19:14 PM »
You never get on my nerves, most likely you wish you did :P, not like i care about what you say, i just answer to see how long its gonna be your next post and of course i dont even read half of it xD

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Dungeon Runners
« Reply #27 on: May 30, 2007, 09:45:08 PM »
You never get on my nerves, most likely you wish you did :P, not like i care about what you say, i just answer to see how long its gonna be your next post and of course i dont even read half of it xD
[snapback]35458[/snapback]
Getting on your nerves, triggering a defensive response, yatta yatta, same thing to me. You don't understand the half you read anyway. :lol:

Chard!

Dungeon Runners
« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2007, 04:13:25 AM »
Chard you're not gonna play anymore?
[snapback]35455[/snapback]

Yeah I recently got WoW working. =) But I'll try to become less of a heathen and jump into DR some more.