Author Topic: All the Planescape Books Here!  (Read 21652 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
All the Planescape Books Here!
« on: May 24, 2007, 01:42:52 PM »
While doing my daily rampage through the web yesterday I stumbled upon a neat little gem: All of the Planescape rulebooks in .pdf format available through torrent!

In addition to all of the out-of-print rulebooks (which WotC has yet to release on their old edition section) it also includes an issue of Dragon magazine (the "Planescape Edition"), a "Sigil Newsletter" and even the Planescape: Torment novel!

Be warned, however, this is a 1GB download but if you're a big Planescape fan it's definitely worth it.

You will need a Bit Torrent client like this one: www.utorrent.com

[attachmentid=1192]

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 01:43:08 PM by 420 »

Chard!

« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 05:40:43 AM »
Many D&D fans seem to be all excited about these books. What's so special about them? And are they worth downloading?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2007, 01:14:47 PM »
Many D&D fans seem to be all excited about these books. What's so special about them? And are they worth downloading?
[snapback]35340[/snapback]
I just spent an entire day reading through the Monstrous Compendium I and the Tales from the Infinite Staircase books. If you are a Planescape fan, these are a must have.

Planescape was a D&D campaign setting, like the Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Dark Sun and Dragonlance.

However, it was more than a campaign setting because it combined all the other campaign settings. In Planescape, for instance, the infinite universe that contains the world of Toril (Forgotten Realms) is just one "plane" in an infinite multiverse.

When WotC bought TSR\D&D they reprinted most of the old edition rule books as pdf files but for some reason didn't bother to do the Planescape books.

Also, it seems that WotC is trying to consolidate the different old edition campaign settings. For instance, the "core" D&D world is now Oerth which is the world of Greyhawk and the 3rd edition Manual of the Planes is a watered down version of the Planescape "Great Wheel" planar structure. But, WotC did give Planewalker permission to update the Planescape campaign setting to 3/3.5E rules.

Oh, and I shouldn't forget to mention that the PC game Planescape: Torment is generally regarded as the greatest computer RPG of all time. AND Rogue Dao's NWN2 mod is set in Planescape.

Official Unofficial Planescape 3/3.5E on Planewalker: http://www.planewalker.com/downloads/products/released.php

Planescape Trilogy for NWN2 on Rogue Dao: http://www.roguedao.com/

Old Edition Downloads on WotC: http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/downloads

If you'd like more information about the planes I suggest you talk to Candrian Illborne. He can be found in the Tavern of Doors on both my NWN and NWN2 servers (ThrobbleServ under Social).

Chard!

« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2007, 05:54:21 PM »
I see. Thanks for the info. I'll see what this Candrian can tell me later.