Author Topic: Call of Juarez  (Read 6718 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« on: May 21, 2007, 12:32:53 PM »
Official Site: www.callofjuarez.com

Anyone out there a big fan of FPS westerns?

I loved Dead Man's Hand and one of my favorite games was LucasArt's Outlaws.

Well, now the next generation of FPS western is out and it's called Call of Juarez.

There is a single player and multiplayer demo available on www.3dgamers.com and some cool gameplay movies floating around the web.

I played the demo, very very cool graphics and gory as hell. It also features a "concentration mode" where everything around you moves in slow-motion while you draw your pistols and start shooting.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 03:56:31 PM »
Official Site: www.callofjuarez.com

Anyone out there a big fan of FPS westerns?

I loved Dead Man's Hand and one of my favorite games was LucasArt's Outlaws.

Well, now the next generation of FPS western is out and it's called Call of Juarez.

There is a single player and multiplayer demo available on www.3dgamers.com and some cool gameplay movies floating around the web.

I played the demo, very very cool graphics and gory as hell. It also features a "concentration mode" where everything around you moves in slow-motion while you draw your pistols and start shooting.

[snapback]35290[/snapback]

Hell yeah!

Yeeehaaw!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 06:30:45 PM »
The site isn't loading at all for me.

I never liked westerns anyway.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 05:06:33 AM »
I played the full version of this game like before last christmas.... :o seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games :P

Its indeed fun but what i dont like of the game is that the hardest level is... the first lol.
You appear with billy (if i remember well, thats the indian guy), in a town full of tough guys who want to kill you, and you have to escape kinda unarmed (you have a whip but it you use it, everyone will see you and shoot you), you can take down guys whiping their head if they havent seen you but thats about it, if theres 2 of then you taken down 1 and the other kills you... ^^ besides that the rest of the game was easier and fun (compared to first lvl i mean, it wasnt so easy).

I was gonna say that you were late for games ( like with martial arts rpg :P) but it seems that it just got released in america when i checked gamespot >_<.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 05:09:15 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2007, 01:09:00 PM »
seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games :P
[snapback]35297[/snapback]
You're saying this after having played GunZ? *shakes his head*

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2007, 07:15:18 PM »
You're saying this after having played GunZ? *shakes his head*
[snapback]35299[/snapback]

If you had some common sense, you would have guessed that i meant to say that between europe and america...

most games that come out of japan or any other place its realeased in america first most times.

Dont know what you mean about gunz, theres still no gunz in europe that i know off, can only play on ijji or international and on both i get +100-200 ping to like everyone (less europeans) and being called lagger everytime i kill some1 that feels so pro, i dont play gunz much anymore cause of that...
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 07:21:05 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 09:20:56 PM »
If you had some common sense, you would have guessed that i meant to say that between europe and america...

most games that come out of japan or any other place its realeased in america first most times.

Dont know what you mean about gunz, theres still no gunz in europe that i know off, can only play on ijji or international and on both i get +100-200 ping to like everyone (less europeans) and being called lagger everytime i kill some1 that feels so pro, i dont play gunz much anymore cause of that...
[snapback]35300[/snapback]
Common sense has nothing to do with it. What you meant and what you said are two different things.

seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games
This is what you said, I see no mention of Japan or Europe, sorry, am I supposed to be looking for invisible words? Now you're just contradicting yourself and making yourself look like an idiot.

Don't know what I mean? Nobody ever said anything about Europe, you just said "seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games" which is obvious after having played GunZ. As GunZ was first for Korea and other versions for other languages came out before one for America ever did (NA GunZ).

About International, most are above 100 to me as well, and I'm called a lagger all the time, I still kick most of their asses and move on. It's just a game, I don't let what the little sissies have to say bother me, I just kick their ass some more and see if I can piss them off because I find it funny.

Hey, it's not my fault you decided to get defensive about my post, I was just making a simple point. It was your choice to make a deal out of it and then make yourself look like an idiot by contradicting yourself and attempting to change what you said to something else. I never said you were wrong, I only thought what you said has long since been obvious.

See, you're just not getting yourself anywhere. In the end you're simply entertaining me. Is that what you want?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2007, 09:22:28 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 02:15:29 PM »
Your the only one acting like an idiot everytime cos your bored, or just have nothing else to do, it seems.
This is a Call of Juarez thread if you didnt notice it and i said that the game was released
in Europe already months ago, when it just came out in america, if you cant figure that out, not my fault you have no brains for it, besides that obviously i wasnt counting japan  that gets about most the games first....

besides what i said was:
"I played the full version of this game like before last christmas.... seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games."

Now analize that and make another of your tipical "im bored" 1000 words reply, you know you want it...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2007, 07:42:01 PM »
Your the only one acting like an idiot everytime cos your bored, or just have nothing else to do, it seems.
This is a Call of Juarez thread if you didnt notice it and i said that the game was released
in Europe already months ago, when it just came out in america, if you cant figure that out, not my fault you have no brains for it, besides that obviously i wasnt counting japan  that gets about most the games first....

besides what i said was:
"I played the full version of this game like before last christmas.... seems sometimes america its not the first to have some games."

Now analize that and make another of your tipical "im bored" 1000 words reply, you know you want it...
[snapback]35305[/snapback]
Okay, my analysis says your statement sounds like it covers all countries as it says nothing about any specific countries whatsoever, and that you are at fault for this mistake; don't fucking backpedal, that's for noobs! :lol: The way in which you wrote it makes it sound as though it's supposed to be a surprise that a game was released somewhere else before it was released in America, but this is no surprise at all as there are many games that have been released on various occasions in various countries before America including, but not limited to, Japan. GunZ was just an example of this. It's also a game you've played before knowing it came out for somewhere else other than America, before it came out in America. So your sense of surprise at another game coming out somewhere else before coming out in America was pretty much completely abolished by that point. However, you probably can't understand a goddamn word I'm saying, so I shouldn't even bother... except... except that I enjoy it and almost everyone else can comprehend what they read, so why the fuck not? :lol:

Shit, I think I made some more fancy run-ons in there. Go me!
« Last Edit: May 23, 2007, 07:42:47 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Chard!

Call of Juarez
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 01:19:52 PM »
lol

Anyway... I never had a chance to taste the flavour of a western shooter. They seem fun. Even more fun then your regular WW2 shooter.

Normaly I tend to stay away from shooters, but westerns need to be an exception I think. It's the same as those old western movies. You somehow can't resist watching for at least 15 min.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 01:32:55 PM »
I never had a chance to taste the flavour of a western shooter. They seem fun. Even more fun then your regular WW2 shooter.
[snapback]35320[/snapback]
Thats because Cowboys > Soldiers

Outlaws is by far the best western shooter I ever played. It has a gripping storyline ("Death's to good for them.") and the stylized graphics remind me of anime. It was also the first FPS that required you to manually reload your weapons.

Dead Man's Hand was ok, but the storyline was almost non-existent and it was obviously a port from a console. Still, it was worth the $9.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 03:16:56 PM »

Outlaws is by far the best western shooter I ever played. It has a gripping storyline ("Death's to good for them.") and the stylized graphics remind me of anime. It was also the first FPS that required you to manually reload your weapons.

Dead Man's Hand was ok, but the storyline was almost non-existent and it was obviously a port from a console. Still, it was worth the $9.

[snapback]35322[/snapback]

Agreed - Outlaws rocked - it also had some very pretty video footage between scenes.
Even if you dont like FPS you should get outlaws just to see the cutscenes
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 03:17:30 PM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 11:07:18 PM »
Honestly, I find Westerns extremely unattractive and distasteful, I can't stand watching them and I think the whole cowboy thing and shit is repulsive when it comes to style. Or in other words, Westerns are not my style. I'd rather play a WW2 shooter, and those aren't my style either, I prefer present and futuristic shooters.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
Call of Juarez
« Reply #13 on: May 25, 2007, 01:30:50 AM »

[snapback]35322[/snapback]

Yeah Outlaws was a good one. They actually stylized it based of Aeon Flux.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition