Author Topic: Ho Lee F*ck Burger  (Read 7189 times)

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« on: May 18, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
Has anyone checked out Lost Planet? jumping jesus. Its fucking awsome, Dont realy see too much difference between DX10 and DX9, maybe im not looking hard enough, but its a true step forward in gaming. This all could just be early hype for me, but even this beta is fucking amazing.

So who's checked it out?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2007, 04:36:52 PM »
It reminds me of LucasArts Armed & Dangerous which I didn't care for.

Cons

- Can't see anything through the snow storm and since this game takes place on an ice planet I see this as being a constant hassle.

- The thermal gauge is just a poorly disguised count down timer. I HATE TIMED MISSIONS!

- The blurred-motion effect looks like shit and makes me nauseated and it's lame to have to turn off graphic "features".

- The best average FPS I could get was 18 with default settings (most graphic options on low) on my Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, GeForce 7900 GS system.

- I quit playing when my sniper rifle ran out of ammo and I couldn't find any way to switch to my machine gun.

Pros

- Sniping people is fun.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2007, 10:52:07 PM »
- The best average FPS I could get was 18 with default settings (most graphic options on low) on my Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz, 2 Gig RAM, GeForce 7900 GS system.

[snapback]35275[/snapback]

Well that's odd.  Is it by Obsidian?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #3 on: May 18, 2007, 10:59:39 PM »
Well that's odd.  Is it by Obsidian?
[snapback]35276[/snapback]
Believe it or not it's by Capcom. They should have stuck with what they know, Street Fighter 2. It's obviously a console game that has been ported to the PC.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 04:27:12 AM »
It rocks on xbox 360!!! Total pwnage!
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 11:41:08 PM »
It reminds me of LucasArts Armed & Dangerous which I didn't care for.

Cons

- Can't see anything through the snow storm and since this game takes place on an ice planet I see this as being a constant hassle.

- The thermal gauge is just a poorly disguised count down timer. I HATE TIMED MISSIONS!

- The blurred-motion effect looks like shit and makes me nauseated and it's lame to have to turn off graphic "features".

- I quit playing when my sniper rifle ran out of ammo and I couldn't find any way to switch to my machine gun.

Pros

- Sniping people is fun.

[snapback]35275[/snapback]

Motion blur is alot better when the game can be played as it was intended, unfortunatly (But not for me) the Shitbox360 always gets the toned down version so it can handle it. Oblivion is a good example of this, it looks like shit compared to PC.

I had everything set to maximum on Lost Planet and it looks great. The snow storm looks awsome. I found it to be rather imersive, scrabling through it watching your footing so not to walk right off a cliff. Hopeing another one of those preying mantis things doesnt pop up as you are rather mech-less... Oh look one did pop up.

The fighting and using the grapling hook to barely miss a certain crushing demise at the hands of a extremly overgrown armadillo while simultaniously avoiding a stomping from this gargantuan preying mantis. I found it rather enyoyable, however, I can see this game being short lived if I dont find some new features in the full release.

All in all however so far, being a beta, I found it to be the best Beta ive ever seen. And if this beta is any indecation this game will rock.

Stay tuned!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Ho Lee F*ck Burger
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 06:26:47 PM »
I just read that entire post and have no idea what I just read.

I was daydreaming through the whole thing.