Author Topic: Why did this remind me of Mo  (Read 12814 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Why did this remind me of Mo
« on: May 11, 2007, 11:41:05 PM »
oh, it has to be the jew thing. Are ur parents like this?

http://www.break.com/index/jewish-girl-pra...er-parents.html

:D
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2007, 11:51:39 PM »
While ur at it, watch this one too. Its pretty funny!

http://www.break.com/index/new-level-of-crazy.html
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 12:37:09 AM »
Sad.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 08:18:49 AM »
I think Jewish are racist i mean what's wrong with dating other ppl that are not jewish? it's your choice after all (no offence Mo) but come on, my parents wouldn't also be too happy if I dated a other girl that is not from my religion but they wouldn't be able to stop me from keep on dating with her i mean it's my choice after all...
Besides this religion thing is keeping people further from each other the world would be a far better place if there was no religion at all...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 08:20:16 AM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 09:11:18 AM »
If there was no religion in the world a lot of people would have no reason to be good. =P

I believe it's more of a religious thing. The Jewish people believe that they are the chosen people of God(as do most if not all sects of Christianity) and that intermarrying with non-Jewish people taints the blood...I do believe there's also a Jewish law somewhere in all 613 of them that says they can't marry non-Jewish people, I believe mostly because it could lead to idolatry. That's my understanding on it anyway...after all, look into history and see how the Jewish people treated those who broke away and intermarried, the Samarians for instance.

But it's by no means ridiculous, religion is something that can connect a family together. To be completely honest, I'd prefer to marry a Roman Catholic than someone of a protestant religion.

-Elessar

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 09:46:22 AM »
If there was no religion in the world a lot of people would have no reason to be good. =P

I believe it's more of a religious thing. The Jewish people believe that they are the chosen people of God(as do most if not all sects of Christianity) and that intermarrying with non-Jewish people taints the blood...I do believe there's also a Jewish law somewhere in all 613 of them that says they can't marry non-Jewish people, I believe mostly because it could lead to idolatry. That's my understanding on it anyway...after all, look into history and see how the Jewish people treated those who broke away and intermarried, the Samarians for instance.

But it's by no means ridiculous, religion is something that can connect a family together. To be completely honest, I'd prefer to marry a Roman Catholic than someone of a protestant religion.
-Elessar
[snapback]35216[/snapback]

your words are very true, but there are people out there that aren't religious and are still good people, i think what makes you a good person is the enviroment you grow up in i mean if you grow up in a bad enviorment you will be bad yourself no matter if you believe in god or not...
I mean there are people out there that kill other people and they believe in god i mean where's the logic??
For example take Moslims (I'm a moslim myself so don't think i'm racist or smt) anyway 9/11 for example the WTC they killed people in the name of god while in our holy book (Koran) says that you may not kill people at all...?
Not only Moslims but in early ages the crusades for example also the Christian people slayed all "unbelievers" in the name of god also...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2007, 10:52:39 AM »
Jews aren't racist.  Marrying non-Jewish is a bigger deal for men because the religion is inherited from the mother.  If Jewish parents want their children to marry Jewish, it's not because they don't like other people it's because they want their grand children and family to remain Jewish.  If they didn't have this attitude there would be far less Jews than there already are.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2007, 12:27:14 PM »
I think Jewish are racist
[snapback]35215[/snapback]
"There are only two things I can't stand in this world. People who are intolerant of other people's cultures... and the Dutch. " -Nigel Powers

I grew up in a "bad" environment with a religion of angry, racist fundamentalist protestants and I didn't turn out bad. I decided that I would rather prevent others from experiencing the same horrible shit I had to go through rather than getting "revenge" by abusing others in the same way I was abused.

Regardless of race, religion, nationality, geographic location or any other environmental influences, in the end it all comes down to a personal decision to either rise above your negative situation and try to help your fellow humans or become a part of the problem by turning to hatred and intolerance.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2007, 12:40:40 PM »

I believe it's more of a religious thing. The Jewish people believe that they are the chosen people of God[/color](as do most if not all sects of Christianity) and that intermarrying with non-Jewish people taints the blood...I do believe there's also a Jewish law somewhere in all 613 of them that says they can't marry non-Jewish people, I believe mostly because it could lead to idolatry. That's my understanding on it anyway...after all, look into history and see how the Jewish people treated those who broke away and intermarried, the Samarians for instance.

-Elessar
[snapback]35216[/snapback]

Well I feel that they believe they are the Chosen people of God because it says so in the Bible. lol. So if you follow the word of the bible, they are the Chosen people of God and the other sects that believe they are, are just ignorant and smell like cheese.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2007, 02:07:35 PM »
Did I mention the Bible at all, Mercy? No, I didn't. Also, if what you're attempting to say were true, early Christians wouldn't have evangelized beyond the Jews.

I mean there are people out there that kill other people and they believe in god i mean where's the logic??
For example take Moslims (I'm a moslim myself so don't think i'm racist or smt) anyway 9/11 for example the WTC they killed people in the name of god while in our holy book (Koran) says that you may not kill people at all...?
[snapback]35217[/snapback]

I never said no one would have a reason to be good, I said a lot of people, because a lot of people are religious. Remember "a lot" is a rather relative term.
As for Muslims, they aren't bad, it's the extremist sects that propagandize and indoctrinate youth that are bad. They really believe that God wants them to do these things.

-elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2007, 04:53:14 PM »
Sad.
[snapback]35214[/snapback]
No. Funny! I havent laughed that hard in a long time. The DJ plays it perfectly also :lol:

are just ignorant and smell like cheese
I like cheese. U offend the god of cheese, Gorganzola, by comparing cheese to religious people!
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 04:56:10 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »
No. Funny! I havent laughed that hard in a long time. The DJ plays it perfectly also :lol:
[snapback]35222[/snapback]

Of course they played it perfectly.  It's scripted.  Just like everything on American TV and radio.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2007, 06:37:18 PM »
I think Jewish are racist
[snapback]35215[/snapback]
That comment sounds racist in itself. To outright state that everyone of a certain religion, race, ethnicity, etc. is racist, is a predigious comment.

If there was no religion in the world a lot of people would have no reason to be good.
Religion is a way for people to cope with the truth, by believing in lies.

your words are very true, but there are people out there that aren't religious and are still good people, i think what makes you a good person is the enviroment you grow up in i mean if you grow up in a bad enviorment you will be bad yourself no matter if you believe in god or not...
What is good, bad, right, and wrong are opinions. What each and every individual perceives as good, bad, right, and wrong is their own opinion. Morally and lawfully made judgements are often based off of popular opinion, and often rarer opinions that are less morally inclined are seen as barbaric and/or inhumane.

Who is and is not a good or bad person is purely opinion. Despite this fact, 420's reasoning that influences and environments are not what make a good or bad person, while their own decisions are, I agree with. One is responsible for their own actions, no matter what influences they may have had brought on them, only they are to blame for what they do. Our actions are what define who we are, and we are the ones that decide how we will act, and that is universal; that is my opinion.

Did I mention the Bible at all, Mercy? No, I didn't. Also, if what you're attempting to say were true, early Christians wouldn't have evangelized beyond the Jews.
It did not sound to me like he was arguing with you at all, only making a simple point. It sounds like you're getting worked up about it, there's no need for that.

I thought both of them were pretty pathetic and lacking in humor.

Of course they played it perfectly. It's scripted. Just like everything on American TV and radio.
No doubt in my mind.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2007, 06:39:29 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2007, 08:23:02 PM »
It did not sound to me like he was arguing with you at all, only making a simple point. It sounds like you're getting worked up about it, there's no need for that.
[snapback]35224[/snapback]

I didn't say he was arguing and I did not sound like I was getting worked up about it, nor was I.

-Elessar

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 12, 2007, 11:39:09 PM »
I didn't say he was arguing and I did not sound like I was getting worked up about it, nor was I.

-Elessar
[snapback]35225[/snapback]
Nor did I say you said he was, only that your reaction was as though his statement somehow discredited yours, when it did not. You see, it works as a counter to the counter that never worked in the first place. And you did indeed sound like you were worked up about it, as you are now making nothing into something here, I could simply say this proves it! :lol:

The "I didn't say this and that" thing holds no relevence to the opinion of myself nor the judgement I hold of your reaction to the statement in question. Especially when I had only expressed opinions of your reaction and had not stated anything as absolute. The only thing that falls into place here would be your assumption that it was meant as an absolute OR your taking it as such and reacting thusly. Beyond that you could simply say that you did not take it as such nor assume it's meaning, but then that would simply imply that my previous statement about your last comment in reply to me is likely extremely accurate.

Funny how you make your statement about the way you "sounded" sound like a fact. In fact, that is an opinion. You can say you were not worked up about it, but whether anyone believes you or not is up to them. I would guess most don't even care. However, whether or not you sounded worked up, well, that is also up to those who read it. As I said, opinion. ;)

All in all, this post says that your posts says absolutely nothing. And if you're post says nothing, then the reply (this post) to your post which is solely about your post, must also say absolutely nothing.

:)

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: May 13, 2007, 12:17:22 AM »
All in all, this post says that your posts says absolutely nothing. And if you're post says nothing, then the reply (this post) to your post which is solely about your post, must also say absolutely nothing.
[snapback]35226[/snapback]

You got that right.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 13, 2007, 12:39:13 AM »
At this point I'd just like to say that the Jews don't believe they are the chosen people because the bible says so. Or I should say, the bible isn't the original source of the God's chosen people idea. The Old Testament of the Christian bible is taken from more ancient text, the rest of the bible is more of a recent invention.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: May 13, 2007, 02:16:30 AM »
I only meant the Old Testament. But it is in the King James Bible, and most people would be able to follow my statement with that. But either way, whatever. Im out of this conversation. Dont want to have little teenagers jumping down my throat because they are jew haters.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 03:39:07 AM »
Well since the God that you all go to church, synagogue or mosque to pray to was invented by the Hebrews circa 1400 B.C.E, I think the Jewish people deserve a little slack on the God's Chosen People thing don't you ;)

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 04:54:54 AM »
Have u guys ever read the bible? its some funny chit!

Jahova is the greatest of all gods
in the old testament later changing to
....Is the only god

and my fav
The earth is 10 thousands years old

:D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: May 13, 2007, 12:58:45 PM »
Exodus 20:3 "You shall have no other gods before Me."
Just how many gods are there anyway!?!?

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: May 13, 2007, 06:43:18 PM »
Aww, no whiny reaction from Elessar? *sigh* hurry up dammit; fucking with your head makes my day.

On another note I damn near slipped multiple times on water at work today, which was there in the first place cause I'm messy when I do dishes. =D

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: May 13, 2007, 07:37:33 PM »
Aww, no whiny reaction from Elessar? *sigh* hurry up dammit; fucking with your head makes my day.

On another note I damn near slipped multiple times on water at work today, which was there in the first place cause I'm messy when I do dishes. =D
[snapback]35235[/snapback]

uuu we finally know your work you're a dishwasher in a restaurant :)

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: May 13, 2007, 07:42:17 PM »
Err... no. There is no dishwasher. We all have different chores each day, and today I was washing dishes.

I'm the fucking cook.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2007, 07:35:21 PM »
Err... no. There is no dishwasher. We all have different chores each day, and today I was washing dishes.

I'm the fucking cook.
[snapback]35237[/snapback]

meh I was close lol you as a cook?? damn i get a weird image of you as a cook hell with knives....hmm not a good combination i wager... :mellow:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2007, 09:33:37 PM »
I only use two knives usually, one when I slice tomatoes, the other for chopping up grilled chicken and chicken strips for salads as well as toast and some other random things... depending on what's needed... such as sometimes cutting a sandwich in half, if it's a really big sandwich and they want it cut.

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2007, 11:26:01 AM »
Someone start an occupation thread

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: May 16, 2007, 07:14:56 PM »
Someone start an occupation thread
[snapback]35244[/snapback]
Requesting a thread?
http://lucidmagic.net:8080/forum/index.php?showtopic=2592 =D

Oh, and here it is:
http://lucidmagic.net:8080/forum/index.php?showtopic=2742