Author Topic: Tyrael Can't Speak English  (Read 12690 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Tyrael Can't Speak English
« on: April 22, 2007, 12:35:53 AM »
omg

Please start using punctuation. That terrible comma spice hurts my eyes.

I dont mean to be an ass, but it keeps me from reading some of your posts.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 01:53:34 AM »
Be glad at least i can write proper english even if i dont use much punctuation.[/span]
Maybe you should try to write in spanish with proper punctuation[span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'],[/span] see if you can do it[span style=\'font-size:30pt;line-height:100%\'].

Better now? :P
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 01:56:29 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 03:23:41 AM »
The comma splice is a perfectly cromulent English construction. As is the split infinitive. The incomplete sentence, however, is just bad medicine.

-Throbblefoot

"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 04:21:36 AM »
yeah, but i learned english by myself, most english teachers when i was on school were just dumb always repeating themselves the basics over and over every year, so i learned most english in the first years by playing NWN, talking with english people.

Now i just need to train my speaking english, i practice sometimes with tourists here since im a kind of tourist guide but thats not enough tho.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 02:56:12 PM »
omg

Please start using punctuation. That terrible comma spice hurts my eyes.

I dont mean to be an ass, but it keeps me from reading some of your posts.
[snapback]34981[/snapback]
No shit man. I've been tempted to say the same shit for awhile now. Can't fucking stand it.

Tyrael, learning it yourself doesn't make it an excuse. Chard learned English himself too, big difference.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 03:18:15 PM »
ok thx, btw sonicle whats ur name in gw?

Hell it wasnt an excuse, i mostly dont even use them on spanish, besides learning it from spanish its harder. Its not the same from all languages, why do you think most if not all germans (chard its german right?, doesnt matter anyways) know english?, while just a few spanish ppl knows english, cos its the complete opposite.

So i dont really care if your eyes hurt or whatever, at least i try. -.-
« Last Edit: April 22, 2007, 03:28:20 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 03:48:22 PM »
ok thx, btw sonicle whats ur name in gw?

Hell it wasnt an excuse, i mostly dont even use them on spanish, besides learning it from spanish its harder. Its not the same from all languages, why do you think most if not all germans (chard its german right?, doesnt matter anyways) know english?, while just a few spanish ppl knows english, cos its the complete opposite.

So i dont really care if your eyes hurt or whatever, at least i try. -.-
[snapback]35002[/snapback]
Sounds like an excuse to me. Chard, is dutch, not German. And why would you use that as a point, and then say it doesn't matter in parenthesis?

Plus, I have a member at my site, who speaks even BETTER English than Chard does... and guess what? His first language is Spanish. :lol:

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 04:10:03 PM »
Because i though chard was german, and i said it doesnt matter cos i know hes not spanish, i dont care about that other person in your site that is better at english than me and i bet he didnt learn english playing nwn where most ppl dont even use puntuaction, and use a lot of abreviations instead.

and then why do you keep being and ass when you know im not even english? try to learn spanish and write it with right punctuation then maybe you could talk. and i mean trying to, not asking a friend for some phrases and then posting them here :P

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 09:21:49 PM »
Because i though chard was german, and i said it doesnt matter cos i know hes not spanish, i dont care about that other person in your site that is better at english than me and i bet he didnt learn english playing nwn where most ppl dont even use puntuaction, and use a lot of abreviations instead.

and then why do you keep being and ass when you know im not even english? try to learn spanish and write it with right punctuation then maybe you could talk. and i mean trying to, not asking a friend for some phrases and then posting them here :P
[snapback]35008[/snapback]
I was simply pushing your excuse off the table. Showing it for what it is.

You made a point, and then said your point didn't matter. And this other person got as far as he did because he tried to do better, Chard learned it from NWN and subtitles in movies. But also tried and tries to fix his mistakes and learn from them, and that is why he is good at it now.

It doesn't matter what language you spoke first, that's a poor excuse for lack of trying.

Oh, and by the way, I always have and do have a strong dislike for the Spanish language just because I don't care for the way it looks and sounds. So no thanks. I am learning German from music mostly, and on my own, but I haven't gotten far, as I haven't tried that hard to get far. But I like the language, that is why I am learning it.

Keep being an ass? Is that what you call this? Fine with me, I'm an ass. What now? Does that change anything? Not really, eh?
No, I think Anheg's point was that it was just annoying trying to read some of your posts when you practically have to sit there and translate them, and I agree with him. That's all it is, don't blow it out of proportion.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 23, 2007, 12:14:40 AM »
Fine, my english suck, if you dont like it dont read, it's simple. Seems like your always bored just lookin for some1 to piss off, maybe get out sometime and get some modals and education wouldnt be bad. :P
And btw, the main language does matter, even if you like it or not, phrase build on spanish its completely reverse than in english, and some other languages are way closer to english, like french and portuguese are close to spanish, i dont even want to learn german cos every1 ive met (in games and lots of tourists here in rl) knows english.

Oh and btw your right i cant speak english well but.... we are talking of WRITING you FOOL!!!  :lol:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 12:21:03 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 23, 2007, 06:31:33 AM »
Sounds like an excuse to me. Chard, is dutch, not German. And why would you use that as a point, and then say it doesn't matter in parenthesis?

Plus, I have a member at my site, who speaks even BETTER English than Chard does... and guess what? His first language is Spanish. :lol:
[snapback]35006[/snapback]

Stop Picking on Him.

FYI, dutch is a germanic language - as is german (obviously) and ENGLISH.
Spanish is a latin language - so sentence structure and grammar is different.

That you know another spanish person who can speak better english bears no relevance at all to this conversation.

btw, "And why would you use that as a point, and then say it doesn't matter in parenthesis?" makes no sense gramatically.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 23, 2007, 12:05:06 PM »
Let's see i'm originated from bosnia, but I live in Belgium so I obviously speak Dutch on top of that I'm perfectly fluent in French and English.

English I learned by myself like Tyrael for the same reason the english teachers suck donkey ass....i mean they repeat every year the same is that learning? :huh:
I mostly learned english via movies and gaming in my younger years.
When I first got on the internet i didn't use punctuation or other things in forums so people need adjustment.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2007, 01:28:13 PM »
Yeah i know talon, that was my bad, but i explained it on another post. Was jus trying to state the point that german alike languages have it way easier to learn english, i know you know some spanish (remember you talking some spanish in gs ^^) so i guess you know the whole difference in the phrase structure. :)

Chard!

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2007, 06:40:06 PM »
English lessons in Holland are a joke. If you want to learn English, watch TV. Preferably English spoken/subtitled movies.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 11:25:37 PM »
I didn't mean for my comment to spawn all of this  :unknw:
« Last Edit: April 23, 2007, 11:25:53 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2007, 09:50:34 AM »
Anheg i didnt mind your post, it was all hell's fault. :P
Well, you triggered hell's annoyance.  :lol:

Chard!

« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2007, 11:15:26 AM »
OMFG, that is so cheap...

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: April 29, 2007, 12:37:49 AM »
Fine, my english suck, if you dont like it dont read, it's simple. Seems like your always bored just lookin for some1 to piss off, maybe get out sometime and get some modals and education wouldnt be bad.
And btw, the main language does matter, even if you like it or not, phrase build on spanish its completely reverse than in english, and some other languages are way closer to english, like french and portuguese are close to spanish, i dont even want to learn german cos every1 ive met (in games and lots of tourists here in rl) knows english.

Oh and btw your right i cant speak english well but.... we are talking of WRITING you FOOL!!!
Half of the time, I DON'T read it. Yes, it does matter, but not as much as dedication to speaking/typing it correctly. My point in a nutshell.

Calling me a fool while acting like one isn't helping your case. I suppose that is a matter of opinion, but it's not like I care. If it pisses you off... bag of gold in my palm. If it did not, I still got to laugh when typing it.

Stop Picking on Him.

FYI, dutch is a germanic language - as is german (obviously) and ENGLISH.
Spanish is a latin language - so sentence structure and grammar is different.

That you know another spanish person who can speak better english bears no relevance at all to this conversation.

btw, "And why would you use that as a point, and then say it doesn't matter in parenthesis?" makes no sense gramatically.
This is a valid discussion. Simple as that. Though, as you capitalized "him," I see that sentence in other ways. However, what I said just now stands either way.

Yes, I knew that already. He mentioned Chard's nationality, not his language, even if his point was meant to be something else. I still stated that Chard was Dutch and not German. Even if I was talking about the language he speaks and not his nationality, German is still not the same as Dutch, no matter the similiarities. Though I actually was talking about his nationality, and so was he, even if the comment about his nationality was meant to reflect on the language he speaks as well. Tyrael had said himself that your first language matters. I'm simply using that point against him since he contradicted himself.

My knowing someone else that speaks it better was not the point I was sending. The point was made to show the effort made by this person in comparison to the effort Tyrael makes being the reason in which this person speaks it better than Tyrael. Which is completely relevant.

I'm not even sure how many times I've stated that I make run-on sentences. I have improved much with them from how bad they were in the past because I TRY to improve. No, I'm not perfect and I have not completely stopped making them either. Sorry, should I have said "Why would you use that statement as a point and then later say that it doesn't matter?" Sure, I could have left out some commas and worded it differently, but do you know how many people who are reading this that wouldn't notice any mistakes in it? I would bet it is far less than those that see all of the mistakes in his. My posts are at least legible, while a lot of the time his are not or barely are and are often a pain in the ass to read. Which was the point to begin with. It was simply followed with some criticism by me which could be used in a constructive way. However, odds are Tyrael would not choose to try and do any better than what he is doing now. Part poor English, part sloppy internet shortcuts. Which is another point I've made. Though, as for the internet shortcuts part, I'm not talking about things such as "lol." I speak of things like "u" and "r."

Anheg i didnt mind your post, it was all hell's fault.
Well, you triggered hell's annoyance.
Ladies and gentlemen, are you ready to play the Blame Game!?

OMFG, that is so cheap...
Indeed, Chard.

I simply said the same shit Anheg said in different words. I was supporting his comment. However, it was Tyrael's choice to then argue with my post, but not Anheg's. Most likely because I was not as polite about it as Anheg was. There is no one to blame, Tyrael. Two people having a disagreement in a discussion makes them both at fault.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2007, 01:10:00 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: April 29, 2007, 12:47:00 AM »
I'm really suprised no one pointed out spice = splice in my first post.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: April 29, 2007, 12:55:04 AM »
[snapback]35086[/snapback]
My mind corrected it instantaneously. So I didn't notice it.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: April 29, 2007, 07:39:47 PM »
Damn. He was typing a reply last night... but didn't reply.

Too bad. *yawn*

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: April 29, 2007, 07:44:02 PM »
[snapback]35086[/snapback]
And here all this time I thought Comma Spice was one of the Spice Girls. Man am I confused about the topic of this thread.

Offline cuchulann

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2007, 04:17:52 AM »
And here all this time I thought Comma Spice was one of the Spice Girls. Man am I confused about the topic of this thread.

[snapback]35098[/snapback]

No, you got it right. She replaced Gene Spice who was kicked out when discovered that she/he was a transvestite.
One Less Car - SF Bicycle Coalition

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
Because i just dont care about you hell.
Si estas aburrido, comprate un perro y sacalo de  paseo :P

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2007, 07:50:33 PM »
Though, as you capitalized "him," I see that sentence in other ways. However, what I said just now stands either way.
[snapback]35085[/snapback]
It was a title. It was also a statement (notice the full stop).
« Last Edit: April 30, 2007, 07:52:59 PM by Talon »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2007, 09:21:40 PM »
Stop Picking on Him? Hmm... Song or something?

I don't care if you care about me, Tyrael. That's not the point of this thread. An easy observation would tell you that it's just good ole' me deriving more entertainment from online forums by criticizing people whilst never being fully serious. It also humors me while typing up these posts and while reading them at a later date.

I get something out of it, you see. So why the fuck not? :)