Author Topic: Lord of the Rings Online  (Read 11463 times)

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« on: April 15, 2007, 12:48:14 AM »
Anyone else in the beta?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2007, 09:43:40 AM »
no but ive heard the game sucks bad from a lot of ppl lol

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 12:37:37 PM »
I dunno so far i read

This game sucks ass!!

or

The game rocks, the graphics suck

or

what a LOTRO ripp off there is nothing new!

or

this game rocks!

What to believe?

lol i read they are releasing a limited edition that will cost around 250$ well you get pretty much the same like in the collectors edition except you get a lifetime long perscription and you don't have to pay a monthly fee...
« Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 12:39:52 PM by Razor Blade »
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 04:01:30 PM »
lol 250$ now thats a ripoff, ive heard it sucks from like 90% of the ppl that played the beta, its doesnt have caster classes, and it doesnt have pvp, besides graphics are kinda crappy.

btw razor how do you know chronicles of spellborn comes out next monh if its in TBA in all places i looked lol

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2007, 05:14:24 PM »
btw razor how do you know chronicles of spellborn comes out next monh if its in TBA in all places i looked lol
[snapback]34889[/snapback]

from a dutch forum and since the game is made in holland i think they are right, besides a guy is from the first beta playing the game and he said 24 May so i'm assuming it's right.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 04:03:33 PM »
It's not great. Its fairly dull and the graphics are really poor for a modern game, kinda like NWN2.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 04:51:11 PM »
It's not great. Its fairly dull and the graphics are really poor for a modern game, kinda like NWN2.
[snapback]34903[/snapback]

You talking about LOTR or Chronicles of Spellborn?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 05:03:46 PM »
lotr surely ive already heard say that lotr graphics suck, besides the game itself.
graphics arent all anyways if the game its fun at least, but if it has bad graphics AND the game sucks thats bad lol
« Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 05:04:21 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline Illutian

• Who knows what evil lurks in the hearts of Man...
  • The Legend Begins...
    • View Profile
    • Illutian
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 06:09:01 PM »
well, i was able to play the beta and i can say...it was fucking amazing with a ATI graphics card...water looked like WATER not something a 5yr colored with crayola.

down sides:
no pvp
limited character details (no more clones! >.<)
....that's all i got xD
Our greatest glory is not in never falling but in rising everytime we fall.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2007, 02:43:27 PM »
actually the graphics don't suck too much i just seen the screenies and can honestly say I like them, no pvp? that's no downside for me lol :D i dunno i might inform me more but it does have game time cards so it starts to intrest me i might go for it after i got a bit more information about the game.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2007, 11:47:47 AM »
So I got the game it came out today registration is a pain in the ass atm too many players are trying i guess i'll keep you posted.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2007, 12:49:49 PM »
I gave up on that crappy game. I sent my friend all my gold.
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:08:18 PM »
I must say that LOTR online suprised me in a positive way.

Oke the interface is ripped from WoW but it's ripped from wow cuz it's simply a easy to use interface.
Secondly the graphics are quite good and if you got a good 3d-card the graphics will only improve.
Now in this game grinding is a big nono i mean sure you can grind buy you'll be grinding for ages for a lvl questing is the easy and (fast) way i've been playing the whole day and i got to lvl 6 :blink:
The quests are finally not the same one time you need to kill 6 of these other time you need to go to a creepy tomb to find a npc there and get from him smt to return it, then the other time you have to listen in other NPC convo's to hear their plans.
Also you have Epic quests that show you the storyline of the game (like missions in GW) I just done the Intro Epic quest and it was fun as hell!
Also the game magazins are reviewing the game and here it got a 8.5/10 they say it is quite good but just not enough to beat WoW lol still in my opinion it blows WoW away on  graphics and quests based.
oh yeah and you can make and play your own music in the game :)

I'll play more and let you all know more

EDIT here's a nice lil screenie of me and other guys saving someone from a goblin lol...

« Last Edit: April 25, 2007, 05:26:42 PM by Razor Blade »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 09:22:40 PM »
the graphics look crappy on that screen if you ask me, vanguard has same type of quest and better graphics besides the 19 races, 15 classes, and endless char customization so dont think lotr its any better

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 09:37:05 PM »
I have to agree with Tyreal here: that image doesn't impress me much. The game just a looks like a rip off of several other games' UIs. And though graphics don't make the game.... it kinda looks lame.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Sonicle

• View Profile
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #15 on: April 26, 2007, 09:13:43 AM »
omg ... this game makes tolkien turnaround in his grave ...

all the chars look as if they have to poop soon ...

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #16 on: April 26, 2007, 12:06:37 PM »
Since when do Goblins speak English?  :huh:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2007, 12:34:44 PM »
Since when do Goblins speak English?  :huh:
[snapback]35068[/snapback]
Ha ha ha, a Tolkien world where everyone speaks one language?!?!? Should have been titled "Anti-LOTRO".

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2007, 06:41:00 PM »
for the graphics is that I don't have everything on max since I have a geforce 6200.... :(

anyhow, I was like you too thinking like that but you can't have a opinion about the game if you didn't have tested it (except Anheg apparantly he did test it) And I said in the begining of my post yes the interface looks like it's been ripped from WoW and wich is probably 99% true but the gameplay still is fun...

you wan't screenies here you can see them how it should be

screenshots?
« Last Edit: April 26, 2007, 06:45:17 PM by Razor Blade »

Chard!

Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2007, 06:22:34 AM »
Now those are good screenshots. The areas kind of remind me of Pre-Searing GW.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2007, 07:15:15 AM »
the problem is offcourse that I settle for little I never tried to max out the graphics I always start a game with default graphics.

I also worked yesterday so I didn't had the time to customize the graphics but i'll try tonight.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2007, 01:13:01 AM »
those screens dont make any much difference still besides your the first person out like .... 20+ that says that lotr game is good :P, ill just play vanguard and gw, till maybe chronicles of spellborn if its any decent.
i finally got to lvl 20 in gw btw :P

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #22 on: April 28, 2007, 06:49:29 AM »
those screens dont make any much difference still besides your the first person out like .... 20+ that says that lotr game is good :P, ill just play vanguard and gw, till maybe chronicles of spellborn if its any decent.
i finally got to lvl 20 in gw btw :P
[snapback]35076[/snapback]

The reviews that are out are giving 80%+ score some even more then 90....

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #23 on: May 05, 2007, 11:32:38 AM »
allright here some new ingame screens

UPDATE i'm running the game now on high settings (you can also run the game on "Very high" and "Ultra high" settings

Unfortunatly in Middle Earth when night falls you don't see shit especially when it's still light here in the real world so I had to brighten the game up.

Some Screens on Ultra high settings:

The screens aren't mine on ultra high settings but of a guild mate
I can run the game on these settings the problem is that it fucking stutters like hell in towns or in places where there are lot of ppl.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 11:35:38 AM by Razor Blade »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #24 on: May 05, 2007, 05:26:30 PM »
The reviews that are out are giving 80%+ score some even more then 90....
[snapback]35077[/snapback]

If you're having fun that is what's important.  The game does look cool and I'd really like a nice RP to play, but the monthly subscription really turns me off. Unless it were around $5/month or less.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #25 on: May 05, 2007, 06:35:45 PM »
I can run the game on these settings the problem is that it fucking stutters like hell in towns or in places where there are lot of ppl.
[snapback]35143[/snapback]
That's called lagg. :lol:

Free gameplay turns you on, Mo? :lol:
« Last Edit: May 05, 2007, 06:36:00 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Lord of the Rings Online
« Reply #26 on: May 05, 2007, 08:36:18 PM »
If you're having fun that is what's important.  The game does look cool and I'd really like a nice RP to play, but the monthly subscription really turns me off. Unless it were around $5/month or less.
[snapback]35146[/snapback]

Yep i'm having lots of fun to start off the RP is nice and frankly LOTR is quite the place to be on RP it's lots of fun.

it's true that LOTR is a bit of expenisve on the monthly fee but they deserve it for example they scedueled last tuesday as a server downtime for maintenance but then they saw Tuesday was a european one day "holiday" so they moved up the maintenance to Wendsday.
The quests are totally not the same for example I'm a elf I started in Ered Luin I had quests like kill this, kill that, bring this and that oke it's quite the same like other MMORPG's but it got variation so it doesn't feel like "OMG not another kill this many monsters quest" Well anyway last night I headed out to Bree but I had to go trough the Shire to get there and when I got there and I saw the quests I was like WTF totally other quests no more kill this or that but quests like be the mailman deliver these letters bring this fruit there help a hobbit evade wild creatures go rescue some hobbits etc really fun.
And then you also got Epic quests (like Missions in GW) they tell the storyline and you meet famous people like Gandalf, Aragorn etc...
And last not least you can play a instrument and you number keys from 1 to 8 become the notes so you can make your own music! quite fun.

I'll post a screen about that tomorrow.