Author Topic: NWN2 Expansion Announced  (Read 8808 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« on: April 12, 2007, 02:11:18 PM »
Despite the fact that Obsidian had to pull the 1.05 patch because it was glitched they still think they are going to have an expansion ready by Fall 2007? Pitiful humans!

Atari Announces Neverwinter Nights â?¢ 2: Mask of the Betrayer (Link)
Expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2 Features Engrossing New Campaign;
Epic Levels; New Companions and Much More

Pfft, newbs.

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2007, 03:40:34 PM »
They still haven't fixed all of the problems in NWN2, and there already pulling out an expansion. You have to be joking, right?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2007, 03:57:55 PM »
pathetic
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Cobra

• MSN Messenger - pizza_boy_11@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2007, 06:29:12 PM »
ATARI ANNOUNCES
NEVERWINTER NIGHTS â?¢ 2: MASK OF THE BETRAYER
Expansion to Neverwinter Nights 2 Features Engrossing New Campaign; Epic Levels; New Companions and Much More

NEW YORK â?? April 12, 2006 â?? Atari, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATAR), one of the worldâ??s most recognized brands and a third-party video game publisher, today announced the development of the next chapter in the Neverwinter Nights saga â?? Neverwinter Nightsâ?¢ 2: Mask of the Betrayer. Developed by Obsidian Entertainment, the expansion to the award-winning Neverwinter Nights 2 is set in the DUNGEONS & DRAGONS�® Forgotten Realms�® universe created by Wizards of the Coast, a subsidiary of Hasbro, Inc. (NYSE: HAS). DUNGEONS & DRAGONS is under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro. Neverwinter Nightsâ?¢ 2: Mask of the Betrayer will be available in North America in Fall 2007.

In Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer, players are transported back to the Forgotten Realms shortly after the events detailed in the original Neverwinter Nights 2. Following the climactic battle against the King of Shadows, the player awakens alone and stranded deep beneath the earth. Surrounded by a horde of evil spirits, the player embarks on an epic adventure that reveals his true destiny.

â??Atariâ??s commitment to the Neverwinter Nights franchise and the enormous community is strong,â? said Nique Fajors, Vice President, Sales, Marketing, Atari, Inc. â??We are on track to release the Neverwinter Nights 2 expansion pack this Fall, less than one year since the launch of Obsidianâ??s outstanding sequel, and are confident the new features will deliver a role-playing experience that further engages and satisfies fans.â?

Set in harsh, spirit-rich Rashemen, near the powerful nation of Thay, Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer will present players with an exciting new campaign; epic levels; dozens of new feats and spells; new races, base classes and prestige classes; new companions; new weapons, armor and crafting options; hordes of new monsters; and enhanced modding tools.

â??Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayerâ??s engrossing campaign will conclude the storyline that began in the original Neverwinter Nights 2 and focus on combat, exploration and classic D&D dungeon-crawling,â? said Feargus Urquhart, CEO, Obsidian Entertainment. â??Weâ??re also making new advances in story and character development as well as improving upon the acclaimed companion Influence System used in both Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic 2: The Sith Lords and Neverwinter Nights 2.â?

The Neverwinter Nights franchise has sold more than three million copies worldwide, is translated into 10 languages, sold in more than 40 countries and features one of the largest and most active fan communities in all of gaming. To date, fans of the franchise, which includes Neverwinter Nights, Neverwinter Nights: Shadows of Undrentideâ?¢ Neverwinter Nights: Hordes of the Underdarkâ?¢ and Neverwinter Nights 2 have created more than 5,000 modifications to the original game using the award-winning toolset included with the full game that allows players to create their own universes, quests and storylines.

Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer is scheduled for release in Fall 2007. More information about Neverwinter Nights 2 can be found at www.nwn2.com, which includes user forums, project news, development updates and more.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2007, 08:01:13 PM »
Thanks....but no thanks.  NWN2 is dead to me.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2007, 09:44:24 PM »
the one that sold were nwn1 and expansions nwn2 its utterly bird's crap (and im sorry for the poor birds :P)
im surely that as most of you would have guessed they striped nwn2 of most nwn1 good things to add them on expansions and get more money -.-

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2007, 08:43:10 AM »
lol I known this for much longer but didn't feel to post it (damn lazyness) anyways nwn2 expansion will be a huge failure on the sales...
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2007, 12:35:41 PM »
They still haven't fixed all of the problems in NWN2, and there already pulling out an expansion. You have to be joking, right?
[snapback]34820[/snapback]
At least that means were going to actually get a few more patches. Im not a KOTOR expert, but didnt obsidian only bring out like 2 patches addressing half the issues and then just ditched it?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 12:36:13 PM by Cannixxxx »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2007, 07:08:39 PM »
kotor was a good game but it wasnt online, a kotor online with a bigger world would be good :P

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2007, 06:19:13 PM »
only thing there that peaks my interest is Rashemen and Thay

-elessar

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #10 on: April 14, 2007, 10:26:02 PM »
only thing there that peaks my interest is Rashemen and Thay
-elessar
[snapback]34855[/snapback]
Makes me think of Baldurs Gate
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2007, 10:29:27 PM »
Makes me think of Baldurs Gate
[snapback]34862[/snapback]
They better have a miniature giant space hamster named Boo or it won't be the real Rasheman.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2007, 10:42:59 PM »
They better have a miniature giant space hamster named Boo or it won't be the real Rasheman.

[snapback]34864[/snapback]

I can't believe you just said miniature giant.

-Elessar

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2007, 11:26:44 PM »
I can't believe you just said miniature giant.
-Elessar
[snapback]34865[/snapback]

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2007, 12:49:29 AM »
Boo is the best character in BG, though he takes up a quickitem slot.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2007, 12:50:16 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #15 on: April 15, 2007, 01:08:33 AM »
Boo is the best character in BG, though he takes up a quickitem slot.
[snapback]34869[/snapback]
But that is the whole point of Boo's existence! Need to balance the Rasheman Berserker somehow.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #16 on: April 15, 2007, 08:01:22 AM »
does anybody still have BG2? i still have my copy around somewhere i think... gotta find it, would be awesome to play through the campaign again on MP with a few of you guys

Offline Deekin

• View Profile
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2007, 12:50:56 AM »
You guys know that just because its an expansion doesn't mean they won't sneak in a few fixes along with it right?  Highly unlikely of obsidian, but theres still a chance

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2007, 12:57:08 AM »
does anybody still have BG2?
[snapback]34875[/snapback]
I got it and the expansions. Let's do it!

Offline ColdMaster

• MSN Messenger - Cold_Master@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2007, 03:37:39 AM »
I can play BG2 aswell aslong as play times work out.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
NWN2 Expansion Announced
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2007, 03:56:46 PM »
I got it and the expansions. Let's do it!
[snapback]34882[/snapback]
Me too!
My PS3 Game Library: