Author Topic: The Arts Of Shadows  (Read 7969 times)

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« on: June 26, 2004, 06:48:18 AM »
Before I had a chance to create my own hider, I cursed them for their none skills.

But I have to take my oppinion about that back, dont doom me for this statement please, :) ... But playing as a hider is kinda fun :) ...

So, I want to discusst hider skills here, what weapon, classes, equipmment etc.?

I am actually "very good" at hiders, no arrogance at all, hehe :) ... I want to share of my "knowledge" :P :D ...

Feel free to post your own oppinions. :)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 07:47:57 AM »
My oppinion:

I use to hide like 2-3 times or not at all in duels. It's a nice way to get past someone's ac to get a few hits or a sneak attack. I like to duel good hiders. But the problems start if they hide to protect themself and not hide to attack. Like doing the first 2 attacks whit the higherst ab and then hide, move away and do it again. To make sure the other can't target or fight back. This just ruins duels and can give very long duels and a high number of hides. And I can imagen myself that it's hard to resist hiding that much if you start loosing a fight. But it's just wrong.

I can agree you do it against a mage/cleric, maybe against a other hider that hides fast too (if you like to duel that long). But not againt other types of players, or players that try to make a fair fight by not useing spells like wof or iron horn if they have them. How closer the fight ends, how better. And I try to make them as close as possible.

On top of it are there some sents (including me) that don't allow that extreme protectif way of hiding in a duel. This makes problems sometimes because there is no special rule in the books about hiding, but it's about balanced pvp on gs.

If you can use hide and keep a fight fair and fun, you're good. If you think that you're good because the other can't fight back, you better play whit somthing else than a hider. Hide isn't the same as no skill. Hide require skill to be useable for a duel.

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 07:59:19 AM »
You got a fair point :) ... I hide "spam" when people as mages try to do negative burst and balagarns horn :) ... Then it is kinda spam from them, if they do, I do! :)

A tip of creating bullets : Make them in stack sizes of 5, then they an have alot more dmg :) ... I love that trick :D

(Not a bug, because, if you have less bullets, you can do the size of cost for the other bullets on those, logical thinking :P)
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]

EL CABAZONO

The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2004, 09:46:18 AM »
I just tried the stack of 5 thing.

It doesn't work.

The price is lower, but the level requirements are the same, no matter the size of the stack.

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2004, 10:11:48 AM »
Hmmm? By saying this you are saying that the person on Godspire named
Shadow of -)CoD(- or something is a hacker?
She had bullets with 20 dmg on 3 dmg types and 5 stack size. This sounds very strange :S ... Gonna look this up when I get home.

The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2004, 10:20:49 AM »
3 damage types vauled at 20 damage  stack size 99 = level 32
lstack size 5 = level 32

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2004, 10:30:22 AM »
lol, no shit! :) ... I guess she kinda much made unnessecary bother for herself then, making them in 5, :P ... lol!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2004, 02:01:00 PM »
You got a fair point :) ... I hide "spam" when people as mages try to do negative burst and balagarns horn :) ... Then it is kinda spam from them, if they do, I do! :)

A tip of creating bullets : Make them in stack sizes of 5, then they an have alot more dmg :) ... I love that trick :D

(Not a bug, because, if you have less bullets, you can do the size of cost for the other bullets on those, logical thinking :P)
It IS a bug, as it goes against the kind of balance we are trying to create.
Ammunition should be created in their maximum stack size.
I believed I had fixed this small-stack bug, if i hadnt, please log on and show me some ammunition, so I can "fix" them again.

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2004, 03:49:25 PM »
hmm, sorry... A bug, so that bitc* abused a bug ! !!! :P....
Well, I wont create items like that then, sir. :P

Offline Raven

• View Profile
    • Email
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2004, 04:06:26 PM »
That stacking *bug* was a hack. For small enough stack sizes someone could bring on lvl 61 bullets! That is hacking as far as I am concerned. I believe the problem has been fixed by Talon...

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
The Arts Of Shadows
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2004, 08:08:10 PM »

It IS a bug, as it goes against the kind of balance we are trying to create.
Ammunition should be created in their maximum stack size.
I believed I had fixed this small-stack bug, if i hadnt, please log on and show me some ammunition, so I can "fix" them again.
It's already fixed, no need to worry.