Author Topic: What was the first server you played on NWN?  (Read 10690 times)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
What was the first server you played on NWN?
« on: April 09, 2007, 11:16:28 AM »
I had the game about  more than half a year b4 starting playing on GS i still even remember the name of the first server i played "Rashia" it was a so more friendly comunity version of dungeon eternal when theres was no expansions, then reclaimers lotr which oddly the max lvl was 32 lol and GS was the third, i remember i came on with a lvl 20 cleric harming everyone and got stoned :P (i think it was meclar who stoned me not sure) cos i only remember a barefoot halfling and that gotta be him lol then after a week i logged in and read the rules, made my stuff and started playing xD
then joined Dark Shadows > Eternal Flames > Black Hand > Divine Exaltation and then Marauders :P not sure if the first clan name is right but jek was on that one aswell xD
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 11:23:06 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 11:35:35 AM »
I don't think it was Meclar...I think I'd been at GS a while before he became a Sent...dunno though.

I think the first server I ever wandered into was also a PvP server...but it was uber..I had no idea what I was doing so I mostly just killed the monsters you could spawn...it was a bit after that that I found GS

-Elessar

Offline JeK

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2007, 01:07:20 PM »
IDark Shadows > Eternal Flames > Black Hand > Divine Exaltation and then Marauders :P not sure if the first clan name is right but jek was on that one aswell xD
[snapback]34720[/snapback]

Godspire took my NWN virginity  :(  but yeah  it was probely Dark Shadows or something like that.  Wasn't it just me you smokey and scorp in that clan?  We just ran around dueling each other as monks.
-JeK-

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2007, 02:06:16 PM »
I don't remember my first server. I played through the original campaigns a couple times before I ever went to servers. I played uber and semi uber for a long time though, and then I found GS once on accident, ILR was off... so I figured it was semi-uber... then all my shit got stripped and I was like... fuck this... left and then found newbies welcome, played there for awhile, got myself banned eventually, then ran off to GS again, looked around messed around a bit, didn't do much, left again, played my usual uber/semi-uber servers, I believe I was DMing Rumago's at the time. Him and his clan were banned from GS later, lol. And then I went to arivs at some point, while GS was down for awhile, and got into GS there.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2007, 02:34:36 PM »
Godspire took my NWN virginity  :(  but yeah  it was probely Dark Shadows or something like that.  Wasn't it just me you smokey and scorp in that clan?  We just ran around dueling each other as monks.
[snapback]34724[/snapback]
yea kinda you, jas, me, scorp, raer tane, smokey and um yeah i think thats it

elessar, no idea really that was almost 4 years ago, and theyre not many barefoot players around unless meclar copied it from some1 else!!! xD

Offline Sonicle

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2007, 02:58:28 PM »
first server i played on was Dunget Eternal X (started playing when hotu came out)

then Callians World and the i found to godspire ... never randomed in the beginning and asked all players how the rules of the server were ... well my pure 40 fighter worked out pretty well cus it was able to dev a lot of people ^^

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 03:55:27 PM »
First time I played NWN online I just logged into any servers running the Contest of Champions Bioware mod.

I played 420 as a male level 20 monk. After while I started to look for a permanent PvP server. When I found GodSpire I changed 420's gender to female and that's that!

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 04:05:20 PM »
And then I went to arivs at some point, while GS was down for awhile, and got into GS there.
[snapback]34726[/snapback]

Damn, Mel's the reason we got stuck with you!?

-Elessar

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 04:35:37 PM »
Hmm. I started on the original MERP LOTR server. Which is the best of the LoTR servers. Great community, and nice nice people. :( Miss them all. Then went to Serpents Legit and GodSpire on the same day. Switched back and forth for a few weeks, then stayed at GodSpire when I became a marauder. Then I hardly ever left for about two and a half years. Was addicted. lol. I was on almost 24/7. Was greatness.

Now I play on my own rp server. Lost Island...you can see it in server vault rp if you want to look. :P Its usually up 24/7. :) *Sorry for the advert.* :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 05:46:50 PM »
The first server I ever logged into was Midgard.  Played that for a few days and got bored.  Then I logged into Toril Online, as I was attracted to the module name "Waterdeep".  I played there with a friend of mine for about a year.  My first char was Mara, a sorceress, who eventually become a High Priestess of Sune.  Sune rocks :P
Then I made Ribs, you all know him.  He was a Knight of Waterdeep.  The community there was very tight.  There was basically the Good aligned characters and Evil aligned chars, always fighting against each other, and at some times, well usually it got pretty heated heheh.  Ribs would always fight the evil guilds while Mara was always trying to settle differences, as such everyone lovde Mara and her pretty red hair lol.  She was a nice person but don't piss her off as her magic was pretty strong. Mo was after all her mentor in the ways of magic.

The Evil players always had the upper hand in pvp as they were mostly all power gamers, while the Good players were more casual pve players.  In any case pvp was very fun, guild raids and such.  Pve was even more fun, the server had just an amazing DM who was incredible at making areas and dungeons.  We had the wilderness around Waterdeep to explore, Undermountain, the Underdark, and if you were very crazy, the Shadow Plane or the Abyss where you could fight the likes of Lolth or Orcus.  Stacking elemental shield ftw!!  There were also very cool dragon bosses, and very good gear to be had.  The DM who's name was HMS (His Merciful Shadow) also had a nice cast of evil NPCs that he'd play, Halaster, Lich King.

The most interesting part came when he decided to allow undead player characters.  He only allowed a few people to beta test them, I was selected and created Vomeron the lich.  As I barely played any evil aligned character I decided to make the most evil character imaginable.  He normally spent his time harassing noobs with summoned bone golems in the noobie crypt.  The Knight of Waterdeep would send paladins after him and they'd get pwned almost everytime.  Except this one paladin who had a greatsword and IKD, he was annoying lol.

I learned the basics of dueling in the one on one arena in Waterdeep.  Unfortunately with the undead running wild and over powered people started to complain and HMS got fed up and closed the server.  

After that I followed some pvp'ers to Slaughterhouse and pvp'ed there a little.  I saw Talon there for the first time, and Calia too who was a DM there.  Slaughterhouse was very quite most of the time.

Then I tried City of Arabel, which was a hardcore role playing server, which by the way is still going strong presently and normally full capacity.  I couldn't get back into rp as I spent soooo long on my Waterdeep characters I didn't have the patience to start from scratch.

A few devoted players from Toril Online tried to recreate the mod in a different setting but it just never caught on, despite the good work.

Then I happened to log into Godspire, probably because I noticed many players there.  Mo was my pvp character at the time and I quickly realized no one knew how to dual against a mage lol so I just had fun owning everyone with my overpowered caster :P  I think only after SoU came out did I make my next char.
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 05:53:14 PM by Mo »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 06:00:24 PM »
Damn, Mel's the reason we got stuck with you!?
-Elessar
[snapback]34734[/snapback]
Yep. But you could probably blame it on Rune and some guy I can't remember, or Gwydion, or that one person who's name I can't think of for some odd reason. Brain fart.

And I can't believe I just read all that shit, Mo. Bah, well, that's me... I'll read anything if someone posts it pretty much. Bwahahaa. Sept some things from Tyr because I don't want to translate, and Elessar is a whiner! :lol: Nah, just kidding, not anymore... or maybe he just doesn't have anything to whine about. :lol:

GS doesn't have god in it's name for nuthin!

Offline Meclar

• AOL Instant Messenger - h+stands+for
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2007, 12:24:01 AM »
A couple of months after NWN was released I got it for free from a friend and tried the social servers I landed in Siflige where I spent most of a summer.  It was a mix of rp and pvp.  I never got into the dueling and stuck with general socializing.

SoU came out and the server was restricted to the expansion and I went back to Battlenet, not able to find another server that had Siflige's qualities ie: badger races, pets, comfortable areas and serious dueling action.

I managed to get a free copy of SoU and poked in and out of servers mostly going to Newbies Welcome where I eventually got banned for calling the DM a regen whore.  At some point I hit Godspire probably because at that time it was really popular and I liked to watch the experience players duel and converse about dueling.

Until I went into Godspire I was still playing on Battlenet religiously and that's what I've gone back to since Godspire has been down.

« Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:44:13 AM by Meclar »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2007, 01:23:19 AM »
woot. You know meclar, I forgot to put silfige on my list! I played there as well! Right after I started on GS. :)
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2007, 02:34:47 AM »
I played on Siflige much later when I needed a break from PvP. It was kinda fun but the locals get freaked out by giant, plane-hopping half-orcs in purple armor.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 03:05:09 AM »
First server I played was Slaughterhouse. I played as Throbblefoot Spectre (monk) and knew lotsa of coolios who wound up at GS.

Good times.

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 08:44:39 AM »
Haha, Mec, I got banned from Newbies Welcome too... and so did the host and most of the people she knows of a server I am going too now.

Newbies welcome my ass....

Eventually I was fed up with half the stupid bullshit, so I made a rogue and set traps on EVERYTHING in fucking site. I swear to god... almost every fucking thing in that module had a trap on it. lmfao... I was bored too... rofl.

Then I got platinum later and was no longer banned... I would have went there and caused more trouble... but nobody was ever there... so I said fuckit. lol.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2007, 09:53:39 AM »
no1 happened to play that Ultimate PvP server? i played there like a year after i started on gs, it was fun cos like 90% of the guys there where newbs with nonsense builds and the half decent ones that though they were so good always bragged at me for kicking their ass, one of those got banned for the constantly crying lol (and he insulted one of the dms that was always on diff accounts to be like camouflaged :P) while whining