Author Topic: Vanguard: Saga of Heroes  (Read 5885 times)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
« on: April 08, 2007, 09:18:46 AM »
Does anyone play it or its going to? there is so many stuff to do :P
i find a lot more new things as i play and has so good graphics but it would be even more fun if there played more ppl i knew lol :P 19 races, 15 classes, char creation is like oblivion cept you can modify the entire body besides face, even the females breasts size lol, the bards can compose their own songs, i made only a lvl 1 bard to see how it was and theres a compose skill that lets u combine notes and skills to make songs (or something like that) but i made a disciple (cleric/monk on nwn lol)

the girl is my char lvl 13 disciple (it lets you customize your char again wherever you want in the char select screen)

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: April 08, 2007, 03:58:37 PM »
Character customization, or lack of, was one of my big gripes with Guild Wars.

Is it pay to play?
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 08, 2007, 07:37:53 PM »
yup it is pay to play, its 10$ per month i think you buy the game then you get a free month but isnt that bad for the whole lot of stuff it has, 19 races and deep character customization and if you get bored of your looks it lets you change it anytime, besides i just found out from ppl that you can even craft boats and houses and sell them to ppl O_O besides you can craft any equipment if you met the lvl req (each thing you craft gives you xp and crafter lvls)
im 13 disciple, 70 or so harvester, lvl 3 blacksmith, and 14 diplomat all on the same char (didnt noticed the side tabs of the char screen :o)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2007, 08:11:13 PM »
it's a good game true, but a better game is coming  :)

It's called The Chronicles of Spellborn this game is really different from all other MMORPG's for example everyone can wear the armor they like a mage with a chainmal armor for example, armor doesn't give any bonuses and isn't class restricted.
Also you now block there with the mouse (or keyboard dunno for sure) it's not anymore that a text comes "blocked' nope you control it now.
It has very much options like that don't have the time to sum it up but do have the website.

The Chronicles of Spellborn
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 08, 2007, 09:05:41 PM »
coming in what months, years? that game has been in closed beta for years now lol and i dont think it has all the customization options vanguard has (i love customization :P) the only game that does that its nwn and not so far. and i see vanguard has better graphics but anyways ill surely have played vanguard a lot when that game decides to come out and ill surely buy it if it gets at least more than a 6 on gamespot. :)

that game was in closed beta like more than 1 year and half and it had like kinda crappy cartony graphics seems at least they improved the graphics a lot.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2007, 09:07:02 PM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 08, 2007, 11:39:31 PM »
Character customization, or lack of, was one of my big gripes with Guild Wars.
[snapback]34685[/snapback]
My main problem with NWN2 also. Obsidian bragged about how they will bring NWN graphics up-to-date yet they limited the character customization more than NWN. Even before the color palate was freed up.

They couldn't even come up with something as good as URU which came out years ago.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2007, 08:27:18 AM »
coming in what months, years? that game has been in closed beta for years now lol and i dont think it has all the customization options vanguard has (i love customization :P) the only game that does that its nwn and not so far. and i see vanguard has better graphics but anyways ill surely have played vanguard a lot when that game decides to come out and ill surely buy it if it gets at least more than a 6 on gamespot. :)

that game was in closed beta like more than 1 year and half and it had like kinda crappy cartony graphics seems at least they improved the graphics a lot.
[snapback]34691[/snapback]

WTF lol it comes out in May this year, and this game has more customation then Vanguard, i think it has the same customation like Vanguard in the character creation and after that when you start playing the game it even will have MORE customation with armor that you can put on, tatoos, different hairstyles, also if you use your right arm for your sword you will get more muscles on your right arm etc.....i mean now THAT's customation!

BTW if it means that the game is long in closed beta then they are working all the bugs out so they make sure the game hass less bugs when it comes out.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 08:34:04 AM »
Hey, if you can't make hot fantasy women with big breasts and a skimpy little outfit the game is NOT worth playing!

I mean come on! All the teenage boys know that!
« Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 08:34:28 AM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2007, 10:36:13 AM »
you cant do that actually all armors kinda cover up all the body (at least for the low lvl ones im only lvl 13 max its 50) but yeah lol, maybe thats one of the reasons why 90% of female chars are boys >_<

as for razor yea i said ill buy the game when it comes out but ill play vanguard for the time being and well see if that game is that good :P now that i finally managed to set up  a paypal acc hope that game can be bough like vanguard (pay it then dl it) who needs a dvd screw dvds! :P
but i was really socked when i checked how many space does vanguard take when installed.... 17gb OMG now thats a lot of stuff in the game, 6 gb or so the dled file.

but yeah count me in that spellborn game, post it when it comes out :P
i always get bored of games in a few months or less even if theyre good (like gw and oblivion)

NWN is the one and only exception to that more than 4 years >_<
i played about ALL free mmorpgs out there like one each few weeks LOL
then lineage 2 private server for 6 months, wow for like 3 months (well i didnt got bored of wow it was more server fault based, never found a decent server up for more than a few days/weeks, played on one about 2 months then went from server to server >_<) and gunz like 5 months now, the rest of games i played didnt make it more than a month lol :P

btw razor you live in europe right?

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2007, 01:30:18 PM »
btw razor you live in europe right?
[snapback]34716[/snapback]

Offcourse europe is the place to be! :D

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2007, 02:18:09 PM »
when i checked how many space does vanguard take when installed.... 17gb
O_O

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2007, 03:20:34 PM »
but i was really socked when i checked how many space does vanguard take when installed.... 17gb
Finally, something that can take a bite out of that 150GB of free space I have on my compy. I installed every program I own and it only took up around 80GB.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2007, 06:06:41 PM »
Finally, something that can take a bite out of that 150GB of free space I have on my compy. I installed every program I own and it only took up around 80GB.

[snapback]34732[/snapback]
I could fill that up no problem..

Then again, I'm a pirate. :lol:

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2007, 10:08:59 PM »
yup it is pay to play, its 10$ per month i think
[snapback]34688[/snapback]
That means no, for me

The only game i possibly will spend money monthly on is Fury or Warhammer Online
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2007, 09:59:49 AM »
i always said i wouldnt pay monthly for a game but when you think about it you spend more than that almost everyday on useless shiz :P so just 10$ a month is like nothing really for the fun you can have :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2007, 12:18:04 PM »
but when you think about it you spend more than that almost everyday on useless shiz
[snapback]34778[/snapback]
Drugs are hardly useless!