Author Topic: OMG I Found Nemesis!  (Read 19809 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #30 on: March 05, 2007, 11:42:42 AM »
And if you really did mean that, you would be contradicting yourself, since the misunderstanding I explained was my parents, and not my own. I clearly said it was them who said it and understood it incorrectly, and I knew it perfectly as they knew it, so therefore, it would not be my misunderstanding after all.
[snapback]33971[/snapback]
I would call that not paying very close attention to detail. Using your parents as an excuse for your own misunderstandings? For shame. I suppose that's what wrong with most youth today. It's not your fault your ignorant, blame your parents!

Your lack of attention to detail (you admit your parents are ignorant and still didn't bother to double-check something you learned from them) has lead to your misunderstanding a perfectly common phrase. I never said it had anything to do with mis-reading anything. That, again, is something you inferred.

I do not see where you think I'm contradicting myself or "back peddling".

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #31 on: March 05, 2007, 01:29:24 PM »
So yea, woohoo Nemesis's profile on some website! Woohoo!
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2007, 01:42:36 PM »
I would call that not paying very close attention to detail. Using your parents as an excuse for your own misunderstandings? For shame. I suppose that's what wrong with most youth today. It's not your fault your ignorant, blame your parents!

Your lack of attention to detail (you admit your parents are ignorant and still didn't bother to double-check something you learned from them) has lead to your misunderstanding a perfectly common phrase. I never said it had anything to do with mis-reading anything. That, again, is something you inferred.

[snapback]33972[/snapback]

Maybe you should privatize this conversation.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2007, 02:32:06 PM »
Maybe you should privatize this conversation.
[snapback]33974[/snapback]
Bad idea

I like watching this
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2007, 02:49:01 PM »
Bad idea

I like watching this
[snapback]33975[/snapback]
Yeah, this is the most action this board has had since Vomeron.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2007, 03:28:52 PM »
Yeah, this is the most action this board has had since Vomeron.

[snapback]33976[/snapback]

Who? :P

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2007, 04:38:21 PM »
lol. True.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2007, 10:54:12 PM »

[snapback]33972[/snapback]
Still avoiding the past subject are we? Fine then. 1 point for me. You're at least keeping this entertaining, good work.

Ahah! So now you say I am ignorant! But you see, 420, there is a difference between not knowing, and not understanding. You claim I was ignorant, I claim I was ignorant, so what point were you trying to get across here? That entire paragraph sounded like an easy way out, because you really didn't have any valid points to counter mine, in fact, I was expecting you to say this. :)

Now you're just sounding absurd. You expect me to be so perfectionistic as a child to go and flip through books or browse the internet to find out if a single phrase taught to me by my parents is correct or incorrect? I would seriously have to look up everything they taught me when it comes to speaking to see if it is right, because I wouldn't know that it was correct or incorrect. Let alone that you expect I would just get up and think anything they taught was wrong, and look in the first place. And even now, years past, after I've long since learned the thing and never once been corrected by anyone, and even heard others besides my parents use it the same, would suddenly look it up to see if it's correct or incorrect? That's as absurd of suddenly deciding to look up a simple word like "cat" to see if I always knew it correctly. If I did that, I would be essentially reading the entire dictionary. Such an absurd statement sounds even more like an easy way out, seriously.

That all looks like backpedaling to me. Falling back on things as ridiculous as that.

I agree Anheg, this should stay public, it seems to be entertaining more people than just myself, which I didn't expect. lol.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2007, 10:57:39 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2007, 11:50:14 AM »
You expect me to be so perfectionistic as a child to go and flip through books or browse the internet to find out if a single phrase taught to me by my parents is correct or incorrect?
[snapback]33989[/snapback]
I did.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2007, 01:41:35 AM »
Then you, my friend, are an absurd man! AND QUIT FUCKING KILLING THE CONVERSATION DAMMIT.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #40 on: March 07, 2007, 11:30:28 AM »
Then you, my friend, are an absurd man!
[snapback]34000[/snapback]
True enough. I have also read the dictionary front to back by the way. It really freaks out the library orientation people when they ask if anyone has read the dictionary like a book and I raise my hand.

AND QUIT FUCKING KILLING THE CONVERSATION DAMMIT.
[snapback]34000[/snapback]
But, it's just so funny!

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #41 on: March 07, 2007, 12:54:42 PM »
Are you drunk or something? Telling me that I don't pay very close attention to detail, yet having that be about words and phrases, has to do with reading. In this case, you make it sound like a mis-reading, by pointing out your previous statement before it.

Were you? Do you have any proof of this, or is it just an empty unbacked claim, said only after the fact?

And if you really did mean that, you would be contradicting yourself, since the misunderstanding I explained was my parents, and not my own. I clearly said it was them who said it and understood it incorrectly, and I knew it perfectly as they knew it, so therefore, it would not be my misunderstanding after all. So... who doesn't pay very close attention to detail? Or am I... "misunderstanding" again.

Despite this, I do not see how this little instance dealing with me supposedly "misunderstanding" a phrase said has to do with anything, unless you were to imply that one instance of something, means it's always that way.

Sounds like backpedaling to me. First changing the conversation from what we were discussing before, and now disregarding comments on it, and then nit-picking about a phrase and attacking my character.
[snapback]33971[/snapback]

Did you really just write all that?
I think you should look back to my initial statement - you missed the point.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #42 on: March 07, 2007, 03:12:52 PM »
True enough. I have also read the dictionary front to back by the way. It really freaks out the library orientation people when they ask if anyone has read the dictionary like a book and I raise my hand.
But, it's just so funny!

[snapback]34002[/snapback]
Well, that isn't too shocking; I've read it a few times myself. :(

No it isn't!

Did you really just write all that?
I think you should look back to my initial statement - you missed the point.
Yup, I wrote all that. What? Did you expect me to have a life or something? Hahahaha... now that's funny. :lol:

I did? Well then if that's the case, why don't you actually elaborate and explain how instead of just flipping shit around? Because that is, essentially, all you are actually doing. I mean seriously, "Oh, you missed the point," doesn't prove, nor explain, how I missed the point. Only that you think I missed the point, without any actual argument as to why. Now that just doesn't do much good, does it? :rolleyes:

Care to help me out a little, genius? :lol:  :lol:  :lol:
« Last Edit: March 07, 2007, 03:14:01 PM by HeLLMasteRHeLL »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #43 on: March 07, 2007, 05:28:31 PM »
Care to help me out a little, genius?
[snapback]34011[/snapback]
Here is a little fun fact: In the Arabian Nights stories the singular form of genie is genius!

Now for a little genie rock!

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #44 on: March 07, 2007, 11:34:11 PM »
Here is a little fun fact: In the Arabian Nights stories the singular form of genie is genius!

[snapback]34015[/snapback]

I ordered his album. Its kick ass.

Offline Throbblefoot

• View Profile
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2007, 12:19:46 AM »
You're my hero, Mercy. Also, you crack me up (Lil' Buddy)!

-Throbblefoot
"No, I won't stay in the ground cuz there's no whiskey."
Zombie - Culann's Hounds

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #46 on: March 08, 2007, 03:19:08 AM »

[snapback]34015[/snapback]
How much have you been smoking lately, 420? :P

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #47 on: March 08, 2007, 12:25:56 PM »
How much have you been smoking lately, 420?
[snapback]34022[/snapback]
I don't have any idea what you mean by that.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #48 on: March 08, 2007, 06:31:46 PM »
Was to place further emphasis on your "absurdity." It was also placed there with irony, of course, going right along with your username.

Almost like saying: "He must be so [unreasonable, absurd, crazy, insane, etc.] from smoking too much [type of drug]."

Though, obviously, it was meant in jest. And unless your statement was sarcasm, I can hardly believe you could not properly interpret the meaning of mine.

Why do you appear to have a tendency to remove emoticons in quotes? Are you disdainful of them or something?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #49 on: March 09, 2007, 11:39:43 AM »
Though, obviously, it was meant in jest. And unless your statement was sarcasm, I can hardly believe you could not properly interpret the meaning of mine.
[snapback]34028[/snapback]
I think it's funny to pretend I don't know my username is a drug reference. It really confuses the fuck out of people.

Why do you appear to have a tendency to remove emoticons in quotes? Are you disdainful of them or something?
[snapback]34028[/snapback]
Yes, I hate emoticons and I think they should be wiped from the earth, preferably using lots of fire.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #50 on: March 09, 2007, 12:17:26 PM »
I think it's funny to pretend I don't know my username is a drug reference. It really confuses the fuck out of people.

Yes, I hate emoticons and I think they should be wiped from the earth, preferably using lots of fire.

[snapback]34044[/snapback]
Hence the reason for my disbelief, especially when you've said it was a few times yourself. As well as columbine, hitler, etc. etc. ;)

Ah, well, you see, it wasn't too long ago that I learned how to CREATE them. Ahahaha. ;)  B)  :P  :)  :D

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #51 on: March 09, 2007, 02:37:00 PM »
Ah, well, you see, it wasn't too long ago that I learned how to CREATE them.
[snapback]34048[/snapback]
Well, when I was first introduced to the internet in 1992 emotes were just text, no smiley faces and they were considered "cute" like when girls dot their "i" with little hearts.

In fact, I made my own emote back then to make fun of emoters:

~\
=];-{)

Guy in a top hat winking and smoking a cigarette.

EDIT: Can't get the cig placed correctly because the fucking forum cuts out leading spaces and tabs (weak).
« Last Edit: March 09, 2007, 02:39:27 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #52 on: March 09, 2007, 04:21:34 PM »
Oh, well, of course, I was graphically speaking.

Anyway, when it comes to shit like that... I've made some awesome fucked up things in MSN Messenger.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
OMG I Found Nemesis!
« Reply #53 on: March 12, 2007, 02:37:41 PM »
Yeah, so, uhm nemesis..