Author Topic: Warcraft III: DoTA  (Read 8008 times)

Offline ViperDE2004

• MSN Messenger - noneofyourfreakinbuisiness@F-U
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Warcraft III: DoTA
« on: January 31, 2007, 06:27:38 PM »
Just out of the freakin blue here, does anybody play the game DoTA for Warcraft III? Cause for fucks sake NWN 2 is horrid, and im not playing the game until i can go in a server freely withought having to download some stupid pwc file or what ever its called.  

Anyway DoTA is an awsome 5v5 player map that involves Heros and you have to defend your base and such.  Im just wondering if anyone else plays it cause its quite popular and i need a couple people to play with cause im getting kind of bored of playing with a bunch of noobs.

-Viper
Viper, Leader of {Legions of Sages} -(LoS)-

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2007, 06:35:48 PM »
I just got my hands on the Frozen Throne expansion for Warcraft III. The original game was given to me years ago by a friend who discovered he hated RTS games.

I'm up for a skirmish whenever but I'm still fairly new to WC3's units/build structure.

I have played a ton of RTS games, Warcraft series, Starcraft, Command & Conquer series, Battlezone, Age of Empires and a ton of crappy knock-offs so it shouldn't take me to long to learn the ropes.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2007, 12:38:56 AM »
WC3 was fun for a while but quickly got boring for some reason.  I think they over balanced it, if that's possible.  Plus limiting army size doesn't lend to excitement.  

I much prefer C&C and I'm looking forward to C&C3 and Supreme Commander.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2007, 01:26:15 AM »
WC3 was fun for a while but quickly got boring for some reason.  I think they over balanced it, if that's possible.  Plus limiting army size doesn't lend to excitement. 

[snapback]33607[/snapback]

Me to Mr. Mo! :D <3 C&C line. It fucking rocks!
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2007, 02:23:50 AM »
I was in a GW guild named Sitting In Vent Playin Some [DotA] but thats as far as my association goes
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2007, 10:51:01 AM »
DotA?

Daddy of the Alien?

Baaaaaaaaaahhhhhh! Who knows! Yer all just a bunch of salt! DIE SALT DIE!! BLEAAAAHHHH!!!!

Alright, I'm slightly sane for this moment, so I shall seize the opportunity, to state, my current awkwardness is caused by sleep deprivation, something I am very used to and good at doing. Do you guys think talking on the phone for 11 hours straight, and still wanting to talk more, is too long to talk? Because I don't. *hiccups* NYAH DAMMIT NYAH! NEED MORE HC!!! BWAHAHAHAHA

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2007, 12:40:08 PM »
Anyway DoTA is an awsome 5v5 player map that involves Heros and you have to defend your base and such.  Im just wondering if anyone else plays it cause its quite popular and i need a couple people to play with cause im getting kind of bored of playing with a bunch of noobs.

-Viper
[snapback]33604[/snapback]
Well, I downloaded most of the maps from Warcraft 3 Maps but I didn't see any 10 player maps that could be abbreviated "DoTA".

[snapback]33607[/snapback]
I liked the original C&C: Tiberian Dawn (with the Covert Ops expansion) but I just couldn't get into Tiberian Sun for some reason.

My favorites are Red Alert (with Counterstrike and Aftermath expansions), then C&C Generals (with Zero Hour expansion) and Red Alert 2 (with Yuri's Revenge).

From what I could tell Renegade was just a really crappy FPS.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2007, 02:46:32 PM »
I agree about Renegade. Red Alert (with expansions) and Generals (with Zero Hour) FTW! :D I love them! :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 03:20:27 AM »
Well, I downloaded most of the maps from Warcraft 3 Maps but I didn't see any 10 player maps that could be abbreviated "DoTA".

[snapback]33614[/snapback]

Try looking in the game lobbys, when you join and dont have the map it should download, unless they kick you.

After I get back from school i'll try and attach the version I have, LM doesn't seem to like it for some reason and I don't have the time right now to do more.

Offline iceycool56

• MSN Messenger - iceycool56@aol.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - iceycool56
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2007, 08:54:38 AM »
[snapback]33614[/snapback]

DotA= Defense of the Ancients;  not sure if that will help u finding it
« Last Edit: February 15, 2007, 08:55:02 AM by iceycool56 »
Shadowfury
                   Marauders
                             Sentinel of Godspire