Author Topic: Looking for Suggestions  (Read 87448 times)

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #240 on: September 13, 2007, 11:46:14 AM »
I might check it out since I'm to lazy to pick up the series again. =)

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #241 on: September 13, 2007, 06:07:38 PM »
Some anime I've seen:
    Serial Experiments Lain
    Last Exile
    Now and Then, Here and There
    Haibane Renmei[/li]
Just listing those is pain wrong without giving a bit information on each:

Serial Experiments Lain; 13 episodes. I'd describe this as "weird", it's some cyberpunk, psychological and sience fiction anime that makes you think. It aired between July 6 1998 and September 28 1998 and deals with topics like the definition of reality, what God is, networked society (player killing, friends online vs. offline, etc). There are long scenes featuring unusual camera work, and scenes with little or no dialogue. Nice battles, action, fanservice and lovely couples isn't what you'll see. If this all doesn't scare you away or even sounds interesting, you may want to try it. I completly love the show.

Last Exile (26 episodes) is some steampunk, sience fiction and andventure anime. It aired between April 8 2003 and September 29 2003 and revolves around a young courier pilot, his navigator and vanship (some wingless aircraft). It has some nice looking battles, featuring a rather unique mix of elements; musketeers, flying battleships and vanships. Sometimes the action with those vanships gave me a "starwars deja vu". Although people die here and there (and sometimes it really feels a bit random), there's like no adult content, romance or fanservice. If you're looking for some nice clean entertaining show, that isn't too predictable, having a rather unique setting, this may be it. Just don't get scared away by the opening song, the ending song will compensate for it.

Now and Then, Here and There; 13 episodes. It's some Military, Sience Fiction anime that focuses on what happens in war times. Aired from October 14 1999 to January 20 2000. The first episode starts off as if this is just another anime using the standard and overused themes, having a brat as main character, fighting at school for a girl with an opponent who's better than himself. In episode 2, that brat gets dropped into a completly different world, where water is rare. The world also features a crazy guy that happens to lead a faction and a girl with the power to make water. With those 2 things driving the plot, many different people are show, catched in a war, doing "wrong" things, each for his/her own reasons/ideas. Realistic reasons/ideas, leading to -wrong- actions, including actions that often are condsidered taboo. It's a bit as if some fight-happy "Naruto" or "Ichigo Kurosaki" gets dropped in some sick wrong war where they aren't the powerfull and get to see why fighting isn't as cool as most media shows. If you don't want to be confronted with certain wrong/sick things, stay far far away from this anime.

Haibane Renmei; 13 episodes. Slice of life fantasy anime. Aired between 9 October 2002 and 18 December 2002. Most anime from this type start off with some school scenario, a love triangle and some supernatural stuff to spice up things. First you get to see here is a bunch of "orphan-angel-looking-girls with too-small-wings-to-fly" cause the character designer found it pretty (including halo above their head). You also get a 100% lack of fanservice, romance, violence, speed and fighting. But if the previous sentences don't scare you away, and if you can stand slice of life, then you'll want to watch this piece of art. If you get past the first 4 episodes, you'll be hooked up on it. Because it gets better and better.

Maybe I'll add some later, if I got nothing to do.

- Mel

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #242 on: September 14, 2007, 07:47:39 AM »
Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei seem like fun, judging from your little reviews there. I'm going to check them out if they aren't licensed yet on AnimeEDEN.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #243 on: September 15, 2007, 03:44:45 PM »
Serial Experiments Lain and Haibane Renmei seem like fun, judging from your little reviews there. I'm going to check them out if they aren't licensed yet on AnimeEDEN.
[snapback]37491[/snapback]
Maybe I misinterpret. "watching Lain" -> "fun ?"
Nobody knows what is fun and why it is fun for me.
Not like it matters, or is it?

You understand?

It's perhaps a better little review of it. ^_^

- Mel

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #244 on: September 16, 2007, 05:12:48 AM »
Maybe I misinterpret. "watching Lain" -> "fun ?"Not like it matters, or is it?
- Mel
[snapback]37497[/snapback]

"weird" = "fun"

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #245 on: September 16, 2007, 08:19:22 AM »
Not all weird things are fun :P, pokemons are weird... so you have fun watching pokemon!!??  :o

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #246 on: September 16, 2007, 10:30:31 AM »
Not all weird things are fun :P, pokemons are weird... so you have fun watching pokemon!!??  :o
[snapback]37501[/snapback]

Pokemons aren't weird they are cute and powerfull :D
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #247 on: September 16, 2007, 11:17:46 AM »
Razor... you're even more weird...

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #248 on: September 16, 2007, 01:11:38 PM »
Pfft, Pokemon is just a rip-off of the Care Bears.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #249 on: September 16, 2007, 01:32:11 PM »
Razor... you're even more weird...
[snapback]37504[/snapback]

lol I just said what I tought of pokemon, anyway does anyone know how the "One Piece" anime is I read about it on a dutch forum they say it's a really good one and all can anyone give me some info about it, about the story etc...?
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #250 on: September 16, 2007, 02:20:28 PM »
Yes, ive watched it, its funny but it takes too long theyre like something over 200 episodes. Its about Luffy a guy that wants to be a pirate, he ate some kind of fruit and gave him the power of a gum, then i dont really remember the rest, he meets like 5 other companions and go looking for the one piece.

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #251 on: September 16, 2007, 03:03:25 PM »
does anyone know how the "One Piece" anime is I read about it on a dutch forum they say it's a really good one and all can anyone give me some info about it, about the story etc...?
[snapback]37507[/snapback]
"One Piece"
I didn't appreciate it, watched a bit of the start and left it. On the other side, it started running in 20 october 1999 and episode 324 aired today (16 september), so you can say it has succes. Basicly it's an action shonen anime. The genre of naruto, bleach and dragonball z. As with other anime of this genre, you have a boy with a goal and some power, some skillfull people that join the main character and loads of enemies to fight. If you like this genre, then I suggest you watch a couple of episodes and see if it entertains you.

- Mel

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #252 on: September 16, 2007, 03:17:59 PM »
Pokemon sucks. The only anime that I watched as a child and actually liked was Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #253 on: September 16, 2007, 04:08:19 PM »
As with other anime of this genre, you have a boy with a goal and some power, some skillfull people that join the main character and loads of enemies to fight.
[snapback]37509[/snapback]
The classic "hero cycle" as described by Joseph Campbell's The Hero with a Thousand Faces.

Everyone that loves fantasy or science fiction or ancient mythology should read this book.

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 04:08:34 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #254 on: September 16, 2007, 07:01:45 PM »
Not all weird things are fun :P, pokemons are weird... so you have fun watching pokemon!!??  :o
[snapback]37501[/snapback]
Weird = Opinion
Fun = Opinion
Reality = Opinion

I haven't watched much for anime lately, my viewing of it comes in spurts, usually.

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #255 on: September 17, 2007, 06:35:45 AM »
I started to watch "One Piece" and also "Neon Genesis Evangelion" Both look really nice.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #256 on: September 17, 2007, 03:01:22 PM »
Pokemon sucks. The only anime that I watched as a child and actually liked was Gundam Wing and Dragonball Z.
[snapback]37510[/snapback]
Add Trigun to that list and totally /agree
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #257 on: September 27, 2007, 02:24:40 AM »
FYI, Claymore 26 was weak. Season 2 or an OVA better be in the works, that ending blew the series (almost exactly like Trinity Blood)

And they couldnt draw Bleach out any more if they tried FFS

Im never happy
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 02:51:29 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #258 on: September 27, 2007, 12:14:25 PM »
I can't choose an anime to watch from the extremely large list on AnimeEden. I wanna watch something surrounding the genre; comedy.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #259 on: September 27, 2007, 12:18:03 PM »
Fooly Cooly?

BTW how do you register at eden?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 01:56:12 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #260 on: September 27, 2007, 05:13:26 PM »
lol Fooly Cooly? Never heard of that. About joining Eden. You start here. :3

I'm currently watching an anime serie by Konami called Marchen Awakens Romance. (MAR) It's pretty entertaining so far. I like the special video game-like effects they use.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #261 on: September 27, 2007, 10:03:13 PM »
This is the highest quality one I can find.

FLCL Ep 1 Pt 1
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 10:03:29 PM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #262 on: September 28, 2007, 06:43:42 AM »
Thanks. I know of this anime by the abbrevation. =)

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #263 on: September 28, 2007, 09:29:11 AM »
I actually liked the ending it was really cool and yeah, theres a second season on the way.

Bleach its just going according to what that old man said... the final battle will fall this winter, so i bet he actually meant OUR winter aswell lol.

« Last Edit: September 28, 2007, 09:29:27 AM by tyrael084 »

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #264 on: September 28, 2007, 10:01:23 AM »
Okay my initial excitement for Marchen Awakens Romance just dropped a bit since I saw a walking, talking dog wearing clothing in the preview... I mean... That's going a bit too far for me... O_OU

Offline Razor Blade

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #265 on: September 28, 2007, 12:33:03 PM »
so i bet he actually meant OUR winter aswell lol.
[snapback]37699[/snapback]

well that sucks I just caught up with bleach too I just saw epi 142....

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #266 on: October 03, 2007, 10:41:19 AM »
lol Fooly Cooly? Never heard of that. About joining Eden. You start here. :3
[snapback]37694[/snapback]
I appreciate the link but again im having trouble. Apparently this site doesnt allow you to streem videos(?) so how do I DL them? I cant figure it out or cant find a link to DL any  download management programs. Help plz  :(

Also after reading some od Eden's forums these people seem fairly elitist and unfriendly.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2007, 11:24:23 AM by Anheg »
My PS3 Game Library:

Chard!

Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #267 on: October 03, 2007, 11:51:46 AM »
When you go to the main page and click on anime ---> series you'll find the full list of all downloadable anime. link Some of it is lisenced but almost every single serie can be downloaded. Just click on an anime of your choice... Bleach for example. You should come here: link

After that, all you have to is scroll down and select an episode. (click download to the right) After that you come on the actual download page where you can see the download link directly under the written add and above the image adds.

About streaming; I've tried it once and it didn't work for me either. I heard it works on some anime but It's best to use a different site for streaming. Crunchyroll for example.

I've never been on the forums so I don't really know what the community is like. :3

Good luck, and please keep asking if you have more questions.

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #268 on: October 18, 2007, 11:37:51 AM »
Theres hasn't been a new bleach episode in over two weeks. Whats up with that?
My PS3 Game Library:

Offline Tea-cup

• View Profile
Looking for Suggestions
« Reply #269 on: October 18, 2007, 03:10:35 PM »
No idea. Just take it as a fact. You should be able to find episode 144 now anyway.

- Mel