Author Topic: Hellfire Warlock Prestige Class  (Read 9540 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Hellfire Warlock Prestige Class
« on: December 08, 2006, 05:49:10 PM »
Looks like the new Fiendish Codex II book has a Warlock-specific prestige class, the Hellfire Warlock. Maybe something for a NWN2 expansion eh?

« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 05:49:30 PM by 420 »

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2006, 06:51:42 PM »
damn that class looks NiCe!
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 04:18:11 PM »
hmm, does bard have something that can cure the con damage at low level?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 06:15:44 PM »
hmm, does bard have something that can cure the con damage at low level?
[snapback]33052[/snapback]
I'm pretty sure you need a higher level spell like restoration to recover from ability score damage. Though, even that may only cure level drain, may need Greater Restoration.

EDIT: Just looked up the rules, ability damage can be cured with a lesser restoration or more powerful restoration spell. Otherwise you recover 1 point a day.

I suspect that will need some heavy balancing to make it work in NWN2.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:20:39 PM by 420 »

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2006, 12:06:14 PM »
O.O. Wow... that class just rules. And Warlocks already are uber imbalanced, after I found the key to them in PvP. So can that class go only to level 5 or level 10? Level 10 = 9d6 + 10d6 Damage Eldritch... castable unlimited times as long as you have constitution... now I'm not an expert on Hellfire Warlocks but if you just had 20 con... you could atleast cast that 4 times at minimum and that equals roughly 76d6 damage with a possibility of 456 damage... Majority of level 20's have roughly about half that hp and all you have to do is cast the actual blast, no reflex save, just a touch save and if you beef up your dex... no way they're dodging. Imba to the max, yes?

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2006, 12:19:43 PM »
O.O. Wow... that class just rules. And Warlocks already are uber imbalanced, after I found the key to them in PvP. So can that class go only to level 5 or level 10? Level 10 = 9d6 + 10d6 Damage Eldritch...
[snapback]33129[/snapback]
Hee hee, I think 10 is the max level for all non-epic prestige classes except for Harper Scout.

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2006, 12:23:42 PM »
Your kidding right? warlock is perhaps worst pvp class in nwn2

Why?

Because offensively they suck

9d6 = an average of 30 dmg. And thats only subject to a successful touch attack, and subject to opponent having SR and heres the big one, if they have improved evasion spells like eldrich doom do a big fat 0 damage. A decent monk with same items would smack a warlock silly, as well as a rogue/hider or any level 9 caster class such as wiz/sorc would smack it around with IGMS, ice storm and mantles.

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: December 30, 2006, 03:37:56 PM »
Not to bag on casters, but come on. Casters can "smack" around almost any class with IGMS, Ice Storm and Mantles. And a Rogue/Hider can't do shit versus my Warlock PvP build because I retain flat foot AC have enough AC to handle anything and Hide is currently bugged out the rear =D. I always Touch, never miss, and Imp Evasion does nothing vs my Touch Attacks, and Acid Based Damage easily takes care of any SR unless they're smart and take acid resistance.

You obviously don't know how to correctly build a PvP Warlock. I can make a Warlock virtually untouchable by all melee classes. I've played on a few PvP based servers and I have yet to be completely owned with my Warlock. The only people I have trouble with are Maximized IGMS spammers. Ice Storms are easier because Warlocks get free resistance so it takes the edge of ice a bit.

Oh and average of 30 damage is good when nothing can touch you and you always touch them.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."