Author Topic: 1.03 Bug Report  (Read 4755 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« on: December 07, 2006, 04:14:15 PM »
I'm putting together a list of bugs that weren't addressed in the 1.03 patch. Please add your own bugs everyone and I'll send a mamoth bug report to Obsidian as a Christmas present. Ho Ho Ho, get to work you lazy bums!

1. The Cleric spell Destruction's sound doesn't end after graphic stops.

2. The Druid spell Creeping Doom continues to damage long after the effect should have ended. Also, it can't be dispelled and the effect can't be removed through scripting.

3. When using color tags in conversations for PC options the color changes to the default text color after it is highlighted by the player's cursor. This also happens for special feats (gold names) in the Official Campaign.

4. Chat and feedback windows clear when PC transitions areas so any messages sent to the PC right before or during transition are lost. This also makes the PC lose game feedback and quest information in certain parts of the Official Campaign.

5. In a "full PvP area" in D&D Hardcore mode neutral monsters do not turn hostile when they are attacked by a PC.

6. In a "full PvP area" in D&D Hardcore mode a PC can right-click to attack a creature but assigning the command ActionAttack() to a PC to attack a neutral monster returns a spurious error in-game.

7. In a "full PvP area" in D&D Hardcore mode a PC cannot target a neutral monster with a spell or special attack.

8. SetIsTemporaryEnemy() function doesn't work.

9. The item value in the toolset is incorrect for weapons, rings and amulets.

10. Spell effects end when a PC area transitions, they should continue for the spells duration.

11. Weapon Master's Ki Damage feat doesn't max critical hit damage.

12. Armor shin pieces don't scale properly.

13. If no one is in the range of a Whirlwind attack the closest creature still plays a "hit" visual effect (weapon impact and blood spray).

14. The fingers on the right hand of the PC point in crazy directions when a weapon is equipped.

15. When players equip an item that increases constitution it only increases the max hit points of the PC and not the current hit points. This requires that all PCs with +CON items equipped to rest when they first enter a server.

16. When resizing a chat window with the mouse the PC walks to the location where the cursor is pointing in the main game screen.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2006, 01:37:04 AM by 420 »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2006, 06:22:49 PM »
*sigh* too many bugs.  Nothing learned from NWN1

Offline VeXy

• View Profile
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2006, 10:34:09 AM »
dunno if this was before 1.03 but here is some:
-clerics buffs(aid bless prayer divine favor) not adding ab unless u have Divine Power spell before u cast those spells
-some bigby spell dunno what exacly ( mb 9 lvl ) "paralyzing" u without saves tho u can attack cast but not moving ,remove paralyze spell not working on this effect and u "paralyzed" even if have freedom of movement spell/effect on u
+forgot to say :duelist feat that add to u ac from int mod not working at all...
« Last Edit: December 15, 2006, 05:30:45 PM by VeXy »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2006, 12:01:30 PM »
*sigh* too many bugs.  Nothing learned from NWN1
[snapback]33023[/snapback]
happens when they want to make a game better without using the first one, now nwn2 has same nwn1 bugs + a lot more, i still like nwn1 more than nwn2, the only good part of nwn2 are the graphics..... at least for now

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2006, 03:29:22 PM »
i dont mind the bugs, they can be sorted after a few months of patching. 2 things that concern me so far are a ) lack of players and b ) annoying PWC files have to be hunted and downloaded seperately just to join somebodys mod, a big step backwards if you ask me. Oh and lack of emotes and the voiceset options scream lameness.

and theres other annoying stuff too, the little things. i cant quite put my finger on some of them, its things like online PC triggers a conversation and 20 other people connected get "snapped" to it, annoying lack of mp focus like the pwc problem, well all these things remind me of older games like baldurs gate, but in a bad way. it seems nwn2 is  a squashed combination of all the crap things about pre nwn dnd games mixed with the crappy bugs of nwn. (im tired forgive errors)
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 03:50:02 PM by Cannixxxx »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2006, 06:13:11 PM »
Oh and lack of emotes and the voiceset options scream lameness.

and theres other annoying stuff too, the little things. i cant quite put my finger on some of them, its things like online PC triggers a conversation and 20 other people connected get "snapped" to it
[snapback]33051[/snapback]
The emotes, both verbal and physical are there and in fact there are far more emotes that NWN. It's just too bad I had to script a tool so players can access them.

Not sure what you mean about the conversations, I don't have that problem on my server but that could be because I only use non-cutscene, NWN 1 style conversations.

My original list continued:

17. Players can't see any looping animations that were applied to NPCs or PCs in an area before they entered it. So NPCs that were set to sit in a chair before the PC entered the area look like they are standing.

18. Trying to copy and paste or otherwise move a link in conversations causes an "Unhandled Exception Error" that corrupts every link in the conversation.

19. EffectCutsceneGhost() does not make creatures collision detection go away. Creatures should be able to pass through and pathfind through creatures with EffectCutsceneGhost() applied.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
1.03 Bug Report
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2006, 01:36:59 PM »
A few major bugs to report

20. The spell Ethereal Jaunt (x2_s1_ether) doesn't trigger the spellhook script. Specifically it is missing these lines at the beginning of the spell's script:
    if (!X2PreSpellCastCode())
    {
   // If code within the PreSpellCastHook (i.e. UMD) reports FALSE, do not run this spell
        return;
    }

21. There is no scroll for the Resist Energy spell and no Cast Spell: Resist Energy item property. This spell is used for crafting.

22. The Resist Elements scroll has the Cast Spell: Resist Elements property but it will cast or scribe as Resist Energy.

23. In the crafting recipe book "Of Healthful Enchantments for the Body" the recipe for "Boots of Striding +6" incorrectly says it requires the Cat's Grace spell when it really requires the Bear's Endurance spell. (Thanks to Elessar for this one, I confirmed it wasn't fixed in 1.03)

24. Many voice sound sets accessable through the conversation node are not listed in the creature properties Sound Set menu.

25. Stores always open to the armor tab even when it is empty, they should open to the first tab that has items in it.

26. If NWN2 can't connect to GameSpy it retries over and over and I must use the Task Manager to shut it down because there is no way to shut down the "Connection Status" window and return to the main menu.

27. Only the first couple lines of the module description appears in the multiplayer interface's "Server Details" window unless you view it from history or favorites.

28. Players lose connection with servers when they are "idle", including reading an object or item description, examining a store or any other multiplayer activity that doesn't invlove actions or keyboard input.

29. The Inflict, Mass Inflict, Cure and Mass Cure line of spells are missing from the On Hit: Cast Spell item property menu.

30. The description for "Silver Shield" Heavy Shield is missing two commas and has extra spaces where the commas should be.

EDIT: Made some changes to 21 and 22 based on more testing.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2006, 02:21:06 PM by 420 »