Author Topic: Legit PVP dead????  (Read 15069 times)

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • http://
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« on: August 09, 2004, 04:36:53 AM »
so godspire being down i decided to have a lil surf round the other legit pvp severs to my suprize i found little to none so after finding no other legit pvp severs in action i tried arena and it was even worse there sure there were heaps of servers but 98%of them were cheat servers and only 2 resist servers both with not many players in sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

HERES A BIG F U TO ALL THE CHEATERS OUT THERE :angry:

lets just hope some more legit pvp servers come up and stay up and bring legit pvp back to its glory days.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 04:37:21 AM by bus driver »

Nathan

Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2004, 04:51:08 AM »
I belive there called Ubers...

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2004, 10:31:22 AM »
The reason there are no "balanced" pvp servers out there besides GS is that no other server hosts has the will power and brain power to create one.  So let's hear it for Talon

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 10:54:03 AM »
HiP HiP HoOrAy! :ph34r:  

Offline AngelsWings

• MSN Messenger - angelswings9@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 01:02:29 PM »
"0 0 DE RUNE" the -{Divine Exaltation}-'s server has the same GS rules but it needs a lot of improvements and it isnt always up  :(  
Angel - Amra [/span]
[span style=\'color:orange\']�?�§�?�§TSoGS�?�§�?�§

-Melisa: "mm"

Nathan

Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2004, 04:33:36 PM »
well, jays pvp is comming back....

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2004, 06:51:39 PM »
gs is the best balanced way of pvp, yet ppl do fight in their own stupid ways which is up to themselves.

In arena there are 12ac servers with resist so I dunno why u only found uber.
I did something funny while gs was down. I played at BoW, a servervault, and I killed 2 lvl 40s with my lvl 19 so I got 1 lvl up (yeah they had no hp left :D)
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2004, 08:38:09 PM »
Well, to be honest, I remember when Jay's first started in the reg nwn days and it was decent, then sou came out and it blew ass...i doubt it has gotten any better...Im not trying to start a flame war...I just dont like Jay's. Hey everyone has an opinion :).
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline bus driver

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 10:18:29 PM »
for every legit pvp server theres like 20 cheat servers and the only legit local vault servers i saw in arena were combat central and temple of seasons both with not many people in.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2004, 10:22:22 PM by bus driver »

Offline Evanescence

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 12:21:15 AM »
Hmm, just browsing around different nwn forums today and I came accross this thread, im usualy just another observer but someones ignorant and narrow minded comment slightly annoyed me. <_<

I began playing in Jay's old server since 1.27 and continued playing through sou until he finaly shut it down. It was and always will be the best local vault legit pvp server IMO. Fight Club, GS, Battlefield, Exethios, Russ Gulls Serpent PvP, lotd, and the DHL Den were all godly pvp servers, but Jay's absofreakinglutely owned. It wasnt the best server in the arena channel for a year and a half because it "blew ass". You know what made Jay's rock over everything else? No, it wasnt the scripting (although great), or the fact it was full every minute of everyday it rocked because it was, above all, FUN. The Main reason (not the only reason) for that was because of all the awsome personalities and elite players who populated the server.

If Jay is infact building a new mod, (lmao I highly doubt that, last time I talked to him he was in the proccess of tossing nwn in the trash) this post is not to say it will be as popular or as polished as his old one, hell, it might suck bad. However, going by his track record, I have high expectations.

If anyone on here remembers me from the old days (which isnt likely because I never played in GS back then)...I'll be back playing nwn soon B)    

Nathan

Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 02:23:26 AM »
what was your chars name?

Offline Evanescence

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 03:28:17 AM »
Evanescence/Death Angel, former DHL (Dragon High Lord) and Necriss Member. Im not sure if any of these old guilds are still kicking, im assuming they've died out long ago. : / I was a regular in Jay's, dmed it for sometime and played there with people like Wind, Mephisto, Zeruel, Abyss, Colossus, Mal Ganis, Blu Rabbu, Bhaal ect... Heh, I remember you as well Sher, although you did'nt begin playing there untill sometime later, about the time I decided to quit.

btw, is Jay's PvP honestly returning? I was almost under the impression he fell off the face of the earth or was hit by a bus or something. :blink:  

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2004, 05:22:57 AM »
It was and always will be the best local vault legit pvp server IMO. Fight Club, GS, Battlefield, Exethios, Russ Gulls Serpent PvP, lotd, and the DHL Den were all godly pvp servers, but Jay's absofreakinglutely owned. It wasnt the best server in the arena channel for a year and a half because it "blew ass".
Did it have scripted prostitutes?
That seems to be a favourite among 15yr old arena hosts.

As for "GS" being a "godly pvp server", and being "absofreakinglutely owned" by "Jay's" (as you put it) the figures alone should speak for themselves.

GS, an arena server, not even posted in the arena channel, has consistently been the busiest localvault server on the network since the very launch of NWN.
GS was named by the former powergamers.com as a perfect example of utilizing the NWN engine to produce a DnD-based PvP.
GS gets, and has always gotten, an average of 100 NEW players every day. We also have a conversion rate of over 75%, meaning these people actually come back at some point.

To be quite honest, I would call that absofreakinglute ownage of every other localvault server that has ever existed. Based on solid (and verifiable) facts, rather on the opinion of someone that cannot mention any :D

p.s is there any reason that the IP address you are posting from (154.20.249.152) is the same one that "BatInTheHat/JavaBlaze/NoOb/ItsMyPartyAndIllRandomIfIWantTo/aLx123/BlazeAlot" aka "Jay" has been connecting to godspire on since the 13th July?
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 07:07:32 AM by Talon »

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2004, 09:03:38 AM »

p.s is there any reason that the IP address you are posting from (154.20.249.152) is the same one that "BatInTheHat/JavaBlaze/NoOb/ItsMyPartyAndIllRandomIfIWantTo/aLx123/BlazeAlot" aka "Jay" has been connecting to godspire on since the 13th July?
Probably because he's the same person...or maybe his brother...I appears that his apparent "bus accident" caused some mental damage to produce a multiple personality disorder.  :P
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 09:05:08 AM by Mo, Master of the Arcane »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2004, 10:24:02 AM »
Booyashaka! Lol...I went to jays for a long time even while visiting gs. The people were just ass's there...especially when they saw a marauders tag in my name and new I came from gs. When they still got beat by a char without resist they whined and I got booted. But whatever...I will visit the new Jays if he/you decides to start it back up...hell..like you said, It might not blow ass this time.

Offline Hydros

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2004, 10:28:47 AM »
lol, Great detective work Talon. LOL! :D .. Srry, couldnt resist to answer, this is just so damned funny, lol...! Anyway... Jay's PvP : Immunities, Resistance, Emote that made it possible (Excuse my langue) to fuck another person, Emmmm... Jay PvP - GodSpire....
You dont even need to vote. Srry... I will probobly visist Jay's PvP as well... But as my favourite word, Godspire is Superior. lol. :D
I don't know the key to success, but the key to failure is trying to please everybody.  [span style=\'color:purple\']Billy Cosby[/span]

Offline Evanescence

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2004, 02:41:28 PM »
har har har : / To keep a long story short, no, I am not Jay. But continue on with the fairy tale, its ammusing. :D

"GS, an arena server, not even posted in the arena channel, has consistently been the busiest localvault server on the network since the very launch of NWN. GS gets, and has always gotten, an average of 100 NEW players every day. We also have a conversion rate of over 75%, meaning these people actually come back at some point."

Talon, this section of your post had me rolling, seriously, using inaccurate statistics while proclaiming your server king...tsk tsk. If it was only your own biased opinion that would be fine, but the stats make me laugh.

It wasnt my intention to start this bs argument on here, this forum is over-run by GS players, and an argument of this type would serve little or no purpose whatsoever. I was only backing up a bro's rep, so quit taking it so personaly people.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2004, 02:42:05 PM by Evanescence »

Offline BzK

• ICQ Messenger - 122117799
    • MSN Messenger - flatleymike@hotmail.com
    • AOL Instant Messenger - LoRdOfTeHDaNcE
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - bzk04
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #17 on: August 10, 2004, 02:45:39 PM »
har har har : / To keep a long story short, no, I am not Jay. But continue on with the fairy tale, its ammusing. :D

"GS, an arena server, not even posted in the arena channel, has consistently been the busiest localvault server on the network since the very launch of NWN. GS gets, and has always gotten, an average of 100 NEW players every day. We also have a conversion rate of over 75%, meaning these people actually come back at some point."

Talon, this section of your post had me rolling, seriously, using inaccurate statistics while proclaiming your server king...tsk tsk. If it was only your own biased opinion that would be fine, but the stats make me laugh.

It wasnt my intention to start this bs argument on here, this forum is over-run by GS players, and an argument of this type would serve little or no purpose whatsoever. I was only backing up a bro's rep, so quit taking it so personaly people.
And how would you know they're inaccurate, Mr. Smarty Pants? :blink:  

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #18 on: August 10, 2004, 03:24:36 PM »
He doesnt know, he is only saying it to back up what he was saying earlier. But your "bros" rep is little or non existant other than a piece of crap server that only idiots and noobs go to. But as you said, continue with your fairy tale. It is amuzing, I am laughing very hard right now. GS is king and will always be king. So..see you at jays....jay.

Offline Talon

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #19 on: August 10, 2004, 06:13:22 PM »

Ah - so "Jay" is your "bro".
If I was given a penny every time i had heared that excuse :D

And in reference to your comments:

i) The statistics are fact. I log every connection, track every player, and store every unique character and item in a database. Feel free to verify them manually if you doubt me.

ii) I never said GS was a "king". In fact, it is a custom computer game module, hosted upon a server. The fact that it is the most popular localvault server on the network is verifiable by just looking in the listings.

iii) You started this "bs argument" by firstly calling someone "ignorant and narrow minded". You followed that up by saying that GS was second rate in comparison to some amateur crap like Jays PvP.

However, I must say that I do forgive you for attempting to build up your own (i mean your brothers) rep, by saying how fun and awesome the mod/scripting on Jays PvP were. After all, noone else (who has half a brain) is going to say it, let alone rank it over at least 3 servers that were more popular than your server could ever dream of being.

Later Jay (I mean Jay's Bro).

p.s. Surely you would have known if your bro had fallen off the face of the planet / got hit by a bus.

Offline Who The Man

• View Profile
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #20 on: August 11, 2004, 05:41:18 AM »
i) The statistics are fact. I log every connection, track every player, and store every unique character and item in a database. Feel free to verify them manually if you doubt me.
Talon ur scary :(

Btw: I liked Game Soldiers (Team Arena and original) and Slaughterhouse, I didn't like Jay to much, Atomic Chicken was fun, but they became Hotu only, as for God Spire, I like it, but by the time I discovered godspire nwn pvp became a bit unsatisfying for me.  And to Talon: Check your PM inbox thing!

Offline Blood Angel

• MSN Messenger - Blood Angel
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #21 on: August 11, 2004, 03:03:38 PM »
I personally think jay's pvp was very bad due to the resist. It was more fun on gamesoldiers playing on the team arena with a few resisters then playing against these resisters that with all my usual spells banned.

Slaughterhouse, old mod, was without doubt my favorite server.
"Some birds aren't meant to be caged,
their feathers are just too bright.
And when they fly away,
the part of you that knows it was a sin to lock them up does rejoyce.
But still,
the place you live in is that more drab an empty that they're gone.
I guess I just miss my friend."
-The Shawshank Redemption

LucidMagic
High Elf of Doriath
Alliance of Magi
Chill Touch of The Cold Alliance

Blood Angel, �§oulkeeper, Dawn The Lionheart and Shadowblade.

Offline c r a n e_osl

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2004, 11:42:07 AM »

Alright this debate has dragged me out of my usual slumber of posting on forums. I like facts, minutea and details, especially when verifyable and correct. I dont like mere name calling and cheap shots since it makes one look like a slack jawed fool.

Let me throw my weight into the discussion and expound on how I see the state of Pvp at the moment. I have been playing NWN On-Line since the beta test servers back in mid-late 2001. I have played on nearly every server, across the board on every genre, Arena, Role-Playing, even the mysterious Tech Support Channel LOL.

Jay's old Pvp was excellent in my view not because of its build (which was manifestly simple and non-flashy) or its regulations which were basic and it did NOT sport awsome scripts, (besides the stat-checker which I oh-so-loved). The simple reason I loved Jay's Pvp was because of the quality of competition there at the time.

In contrast, Godspire is excellent due to its great competition as well, astounding filter and player database, good scripts, and good build. My only contentions with GS are minor and regulatio-related.

On the whole, bravo to Jay and bravo to Talon for making Arena Pvp exciting and good to return to. Jay is definately reworking a new mod (which is a hundred times better than his old mod) and I am sure we can expect good new additions from Talon on GS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Crane (Leader of The Necriss and proud member of Pandora's Box and Dark Hand).

C r a n e_Leader of The Necriss and proud member of The Mauraders.

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2004, 02:50:09 PM »
I just love when people argue with Talon when he states his facts.  If they had any idea of the amount of data that his server collects on a regular basis then they wouldn't argue when he stats a number or two.  

Offline Calia

• View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2004, 02:09:04 PM »
hmm never been to JAys hmmm willl never go....GodSpire is one of the only two pvp servers i have ever played fully i have tryed otehsr  i have even gone to ubers with talon so we cold pick fun at the players but ummm yeah they suck to put it simply  GodSpire is fun  to play on balanced beyond  well any other server on nwn for pvp Talon and the others are genius scriptors and have put much time and effort in to makeing things work and have done a hell of a job so to putt his back in opinions

GodSpire imo is hte best pvp server to be and ever to be on nwn hands down no questions asked

thats all i have to say go back to pokeing at eachother now

Offline Celestial1

• AOL Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - n1megakid92
    • View Profile
    • Email
Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2004, 03:44:41 PM »
*runs up to evanewhateverhernameis and pokes her* :P

btw, all the idiots on this site should refer to my sig before they post idiotic remarks :lol:  
« Last Edit: August 28, 2004, 03:45:36 PM by Celestial1 »
Yes I know... I have no idea why these random animals are carrying 148 gold and a magic fire ring. It will be forever a mystery![/span]

[span style=\'color:green\']It's better to keep your mouth shut and appear stupid than to open it and remove all doubt.

-Samuel Langhorne Clemens, Mark Twain.

EL CABAZONO

Legit PVP dead????
« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2004, 05:12:53 PM »