Author Topic: Announcing the Tavern of Doors Widget!  (Read 4014 times)

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Announcing the Tavern of Doors Widget!
« on: November 18, 2006, 05:32:39 PM »
The Tavern of Doors Widget is now available on Throbbleserv! It gives players access to tons of voice emotes, animations and a duel system, all of which need extensive testing. Please report any bugs to this thread.

[attachmentid=1027]
Features:

Duel Manager
The duel manager from Smith Hold has been imported into the Tavern of Doors and can be accessed by targeting another player with the ToD Widget.

Voice Emotes
I've recreated the original NWN voice emote tree (accessed with "v" in nwn) with some added voice emotes. Some that were only accessable through the radial menu (like "poisoned") and some that weren't available to players at all before. Like the original NWN, some of these voice emotes have animations too.

Animation Emotes
Dug deep in the animation files and found a ton of fun animations. Some animations, like playing an instrument, drinking or cooking, look better if you grab items from the Mundane Item Locker.  Every animation can be played once or in a loop!

Item Analyzer
Target an item to get feedback on it's total cost and a list of all properties, even hidden ones like visual effects. Remember, level 20 can't use items with a value over 130,000.

Have fun,

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 03:07:50 PM »
Very nice. I noticed this last time I was in ToD. Works great too. Dueling has a countdown and everything. I didn't get a chance to mess around with the emotes or anything yet. I'll test them and give you any feedback if necessary. Nice work.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 02:37:53 PM »
The Widget has been fixed so you don't face east every time you choose a dialogue option. This should make emoting a whole lot more user friendly.

For those of you who run into the problem of the PC facing east when they have a conversation with themselves there is a new parameter in the "SetFacing" function. When set to TRUE it will prevent the PC from facing whoever they are talking to (and from facing east when they are talking to themselves).