How are you people finding PvP in NWN2?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 01:02:20 AM »
How are you people finding PvP in NWN2?
[snapback]32609[/snapback]
I haven't tried it yet but the main problem is there is no way to tell what the item value is in the toolset so custom items are almost impossible to make. I'm working on scripting a tool to check item property values so people can test their items.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:58:26 AM »
how can i modify the look of the weapons in the toolset, i know how to create the weapon and add the properties but i just cant find how to change the models and see them while i change (like you could in the nwn1 toolset) i found the one for armors but it seems like theres none for weapons :o

Offline WitchHunter_Z

• View Profile
    • http://
PvP
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2006, 02:15:30 AM »
Saw this on Nwvault and it may help:

Click

It says it a plugin that makes item creation alot like it was in NWN, may help, I haven't tested it due to a lack of NWN2 but its rated pretty high.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2006, 08:01:12 AM »
PvP isnt bad, you just have to get used to the quick bar and no radial menu. Its still loads of fun, and brings back the glory days! :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2006, 08:38:32 AM »
i have to make some chars for when im able to play online :P
so the item restrictions are like the lvl 20 on the old gs or theres any changes?
monk/ranger/bard/aa !!! that has to be good :P or fighter/wm/bard/rdd ^^
and btw is there anyway to turn the armor model guy? it only goes right and and left and up to down but no turn around :o
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 08:40:01 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2006, 08:52:24 AM »
control and right click.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2006, 09:23:36 AM »
yeah i just found out pressing ramdom keys lol, but thats anyways for the fast answer :P
WitchHunter_Z that plugin doesnt seem to work for me i get an odd error when the toolset is loading the plugins  :(  thanks anyways
when i change the model of the weapons and click on preview tab nothin on the weapon changes  <_<

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2006, 01:31:35 PM »
So well i updated my nwn2 and got in tavern of doors with a lvl 1 to have mercy kill me a few times :P
but to my surprise now when im gonna make items the toolset has changed a lot from 1.00 >_> i cant even find how to create items now!!  :(

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2006, 05:08:52 PM »
i cant even find how to create items now!!  :(
[snapback]32618[/snapback]
Hopefully as time goes on we'll get better plugins to help us.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 05:09:21 PM by 420 »

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
PvP
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2006, 07:17:05 PM »
yeah i just found out pressing ramdom keys lol, but thats anyways for the fast answer :P
WitchHunter_Z that plugin doesnt seem to work for me i get an odd error when the toolset is loading the plugins  :(  thanks anyways
when i change the model of the weapons and click on preview tab nothin on the weapon changes  <_<
[snapback]32617[/snapback]

Go to View>Options>General>Security and make sure that the Allow Plugins bar is set to "Load All Plug-ins". EDIT: Oh ya, then restart your toolset.

-Elessar
« Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 07:19:14 PM by Lord Elessar »

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2006, 12:27:13 AM »
i did that, i had no error anymore after i updated but now i can se the rdr item creation wizard but i cant see the normal item creation list.
i found what the problem it, my blueprint tab doesnt show and theres no option to open it anywhere >_> i havent changed anything in options, i even restored it to defaults but still shows this after i open toolset. it had the blueprints tab b4 i patched now it just dissapeared

�ªdit: ok problem solved there was a nwn toolset folder in program data holding the toolset config so i just deleted it and let the game generate another and it fixed it ^^
it looks like this now so i guess its how its supposed to :)

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: November 14, 2006, 02:11:25 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #12 on: November 14, 2006, 05:37:24 PM »
Unfortunately the plugin doesn't show the current value of the item your making so, other than showing you icons it doesn't do much.

If nothing else, I needed a good icon viewer.

Offline Raelias

• MSN Messenger - Raelias
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Raelias
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - None
    • View Profile
    • http://None
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #13 on: November 14, 2006, 10:27:15 PM »
Ya it gives a rough estimate of the level of the item also but I know his estimations to be incorrect. I can smuggle a level 27ish item according to that Plugin into a Legal Item Restriction server. Done it a few times. To make my PvP gear I've been just doing shortened rough estimates of some old level 20 gear from the original NWN2 module. Most of it's made it in so I haven't had any problem. I started low and raised the amount of properties each time.

-Raelias

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2006, 07:44:46 PM »
Alright, I got my first set of PvP gear ready to go.

Basically I copied my gear from a version of 420 from pre-expansion GS. About half of my items ended up being over level 20. Specifically any item with an AC bonus or with Haste, Freedom or True Seeing.

I was able to get those items to level 20 by removing the skill points on them.

So I think, for the most part, item property values haven't changed except for AC, Freedom, Haste and True Seeing. Still, it's like making omlets in the dark, we need better tools dammit!

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2006, 10:06:44 AM »
its about the same besides abilities DONT STACK in any way (bug?) that plugin its just messed up it already said banned for my first set of arrows with only 4 dmgs on them i logged into module with lvl restrictions on and the arrows were still lvl 11 required '-.- , so the best way is to implement lvl requirements on your module then log with a lvl 1 :P

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2006, 07:15:50 PM »
The plugin is "bug" because I believe the item restrictions on it are related to what he wanted his module. The plugin was originally made for his module and to create items that would fit into it's environment. I think the level req's are there just to show what he wanted in his module alone, not necessarily what the game will take. Just thought I'd throw that in.

As we venture forth into these dark times, brave souls will fall and heroes will live to carry the light of hope forward, into the future. In the end all shall perish into flames and ash. Have heart, for from the ashes shall be born anew, an age that will outshine all others. With the dawning of this new time, all shall look to the sky and see hope laying amongst the the sun's rays.
-Raelias

DotA (Wc3) Quote of Godliness: "I picked teh bone clanx nd othr tema says i is imba - i laff. I sed bone is strng not imbala tho so i is walk up 2 teh towar n liek try to kill it but i cldnt so i is try to sped walking away n towar c me n kill me den my tem call me nub. i thinking teh towar - 1 dat throw rocks i m no sure is imba n shud be nerfed n plz buff teh bone clanx he no good."

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2006, 07:45:25 PM »
The plugin is "bug" because I believe the item restrictions on it are related to what he wanted his module. The plugin was originally made for his module and to create items that would fit into it's environment. I think the level req's are there just to show what he wanted in his module alone, not necessarily what the game will take. Just thought I'd throw that in.
[snapback]32692[/snapback]
Where do you guys even see the level requirements? The item creation plugin works fine but I don't see the item value/level restriction listed anywhere.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
PvP
« Reply #18 on: November 16, 2006, 09:34:51 PM »
I think i'll play PVP after ive finished it. I have decided I will play the main quest this time as I have still to this day not completed the SoU -> HotU quest lines.

Offline Tyrael

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #19 on: November 17, 2006, 01:52:01 AM »
You have to activate it 420  :)
View>options>RDR Item Creation Wizard and then change UsesItemLevelRestriction to true.
then when you pick the properties of your item and press accept it will dispaly the lvl restriction but its way buggy cos its applied to his mod, anythin over +5 will display item banned or an item with haste, true seeing will display banned to even if thats the only property the item has and same for damages like 3 or 4 1d6 and it will display banned already and the arrows at least can handle like 6 or 7 1d6
so it isnt much help anyways.

edit: i just found out a thing that i like more over nwn1 when you create a full plate you can remove the chest using the "naked" one to get the underwear and without chest the armor is still rated as full plate giving the 8 AC base bonus ^.^
in nwn1 when u removed the chest it was automatically converted into cloth armor
« Last Edit: November 17, 2006, 02:07:08 AM by tyrael084 »

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #20 on: November 17, 2006, 11:59:29 AM »
edit: i just found out a thing that i like more over nwn1 when you create a full plate you can remove the chest using the "naked" one to get the underwear and without chest the armor is still rated as full plate giving the 8 AC base bonus ^.^
in nwn1 when u removed the chest it was automatically converted into cloth armor
[snapback]32697[/snapback]
Yeah the base armor type is no longer related to the look of the armor. Very cool.

Unfortunately now I can't fool people into dueling my still spell wizard in full plate because they think he is a fighter.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #21 on: November 17, 2006, 02:53:45 PM »
Yeah the base armor type is no longer related to the look of the armor. Very cool.

Unfortunately now I can't fool people into dueling my still spell wizard in full plate because they think he is a fighter.

[snapback]32700[/snapback]
lol, that's awesome. I'll be looking forward to that little aspect when I do eventually get it.

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2006, 06:28:52 PM »
In case you guys did not see this on the forums,

Toolset
â?¢ Added a load screen image previewer.
â?¢ Added item icon previewer.
â?¢ Area names and tags now default to the areaâ??s file name for new areas.
â?¢ The spell tab now shows multiple instances of spells, so creatures can have multiple instances of a spell with different metamagic types.
â?¢ Right-clicking while placing tiles now rotates the tile.
â?¢ The first column and row of the 2DA viewer are now pinned, making it easier to use.
â?¢ Changes on item blueprints will now be propagated to items in creature or placeable inventories, or that are equipped on creatures.
â?¢ Added new option to the File menu that allows the user to compile only currently open scripts.
â?¢ There is a new panel in the script editor that allows the user to insert scripts from the NWN2Toolset\Templates folder into the current script.
â?¢ Script search functionality changed to bring up all results in one result window and the user can double-click to open up that search result.
â?¢ Item cost calculations added to the item properties.
â?¢ New visual style.
â?¢ Doors now have a flag that allows them to render an invisible area transition (aka an invisible "black door.") This is adjustable in the toolset. This is to address concerns with the â??black areaâ? behind open doors and how silly it looked on open gates in the middle of Neverwinter, etc.
â?¢ When users enter a string ref, they can also check a box to say that the string ref is from the custom file and the string returned will be from that file instead of the main .tlk table.
â?¢ Feminine versions of strings are now editable.
â?¢ Hex values can now be used as string references within 2DAs. This makes it easier to use custom TLK files with 2DAs.
â?¢ The script editor runs faster and uses less memory.

Some of the newly added things in patch 1.03! Seems like it'll help us all out a lot on making, etc.

P.S. - http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewt...22998&forum=109

-Raelias
« Last Edit: November 18, 2006, 06:30:34 PM by Raelias »

-Raelias

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2006, 07:57:35 PM »
Lots of multiplayer spell fixes too. Though this fix concerns me:
â?¢ Database Support:
o The database script functions from NWN1 have been re-enabled. They are now significantly faster in many cases.
So they disabled it at some point, probably to implement the new advanced database they were talking about. Does this mean they gave up and we're going to have to deal with the shitty old database functions again?

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #24 on: November 21, 2006, 12:29:59 PM »
I can't find it now but someone posted about not being able to carry more than 5 skill points over when you level up.

Well, I was making Daedalus the Crafter for NWN2 last night and I discovered something interesting. The cross-class skill limit of 1/2 your level now takes all your classes into consideration.

This means that, with the Able Learner feat we can now invest in any skill that is a class skill for any of our current classes for only 1 point and not be limited by the 1/2 level max.

So, if I am a Wizard 1/Fighter 1/Rogue 1, when I level up as a Wizard and I have the Able Learner feat I can put skills points into any class skill for a Wizard, Fighter or Rogue for only one point to a max of level+3.

Basically, this just means instead of saving all your skill points until level 20 then taking 1 level of monk and dumping everything into conc, listen and tumble you can now take monk at 1st or 2nd level and Able Learner and invest in those skills no matter what class you level up as!

Offline Cannixxxx

• View Profile
    • http://
PvP
« Reply #25 on: November 21, 2006, 12:52:33 PM »
Basically, this just means instead of saving all your skill points until level 20 then taking 1 level of monk and dumping everything into conc, listen and tumble you can now take monk at 1st or 2nd level and Able Learner and invest in those skills no matter what class you level up as!

[snapback]32764[/snapback]

A cunning plan, hehehe.

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
PvP
« Reply #26 on: November 21, 2006, 12:55:52 PM »
I actualy never thaught of that, Well then again I havent been playing much. Waiting for the patch.

Offline Raelias

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2006, 04:43:24 PM »
Very nice idea. That will help in servers like Bastions of War if they ever travel over to NWN2 which they probably will, just not right away. Good idea and I may just do that on quite a few of my builds. The fact it takes a feat though is =/. Right now I've just been doing a little mixing leveling up in my builds but it doesn't work as well as leveling before and stacking skill points or if I do the Able Learner thing.

Yesterday I was PvPing... and this guy had a cleric monk who was using a shield and had Turtle Shell I believe. The guy was bragging about how he's so good when he's using a bugged +9 AC spell and a +8 AC monk armor shield bug. He had 74 AC... at level 20. Was pretty rediculous. I want patch 1.03 to come out!

-Raelias

-Raelias

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2006, 05:12:03 PM »
The guy was bragging about how he's so good when he's using a bugged +9 AC spell and a +8 AC monk armor shield bug.
[snapback]32803[/snapback]
The monk shield bug is back? Fuck, what did Obsidian use an unpatched non-expansion version of NWN to build on?

All this shit that Bioware fixed years ago in NWN should not be in NWN2.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
PvP
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2006, 06:33:22 PM »
They released the readme for the 1.04 patch but it looks like there is only one bug worth mentioning that they are going to fix:
Monks will no longer get their class AC Bonus while wearing armor or using a shield.

Yawn, I'll send them my bug report tomorrow, nearly 40 bugs on the list now.