Author Topic: Diablo 3 announced  (Read 6711 times)

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« on: November 05, 2006, 11:38:06 AM »
I don't know of you guys know but Diablo 3 has been OFFICALLY announced by Blizzard.

Diablo 3

Blizzard will also use the BlizzCon event to introduce Diablo 3 to gamers and if the excitement of Blizzard employees is anything to go by, the game will be a big deal. According to a message sent to WoW Guru by former Blizzard employee Chris Hartgraves, Diablo 3 takes place in heaven. Hell is trying to take it over and it is AWESOME looking ... Imagine the brightness of heaven being taken over by the darkness of hell ... Imagine WoW but in a Diablo world in amount of size and playability ... Also, guild housing is available in this game for those of you who know about it. They should have a gameplay demo to show at BlizzCon.

This is definitely the second most heartwarming story for Blizzard fans, the first being the developer's denial of any plans to bring WoW to XBox 360.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 12:23:11 PM »
I don't know of you guys know but Diablo 3 has been OFFICALLY announced by Blizzard.
[snapback]32366[/snapback]
Hmm, well, considering that I still play Diablo 2 after all these years (still have all my original online characters in fact) I will defenitely be getting this. Too bad though, I was hoping for Starcraft 2 first.

Any idea if it's going to be pay-to-play? If so, then fuck Blizzard, I won't buy their overpriced crap.

« Last Edit: November 05, 2006, 12:23:59 PM by 420 »

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
  • Nothing is true; everything is permitted.
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2006, 12:53:59 PM »
I'm definately playing it as long as it's not pay-to-play like 420 said. I played Diablo and had alot of fun with it before D2 ever came out, once it did, I got that too and also enjoyed it for quite some time, even though I don't play any more. I also enjoyed the hackability of it, to the extent of being able to make mods fairly easily. Though I always disliked the hacking and bots all over closed Bnet, that pissed me off, and besides the 1.10 patch, is one of the things that made me stop playing.

Offline Elessar Telrunya

• View Profile
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 01:16:33 PM »
lol...i'll probably get this too, depending upon my cash flow at the time, but eventually ya i'll get it...when's it coming out?

-Elessar

Offline Mo

• Administrator
    • MSN Messenger - cochy@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • http://lucidmagic.net
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2006, 02:04:37 PM »
Hmm, well, considering that I still play Diablo 2 after all these years (still have all my original online characters in fact) I will defenitely be getting this. Too bad though, I was hoping for Starcraft 2 first.

Any idea if it's going to be pay-to-play? If so, then fuck Blizzard, I won't buy their overpriced crap.

[snapback]32368[/snapback]

I'm pretty sure SC2 is already in the works as well.

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2006, 02:17:46 PM »
[snapback]32378[/snapback]
Yeah, since the Zerg make an appearance in the end movie of WC 3 I was hoping it would be out by now.

Offline Razor Blade

• Uchiha Sasuke ~The one and only true Shinobi~
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2006, 03:23:55 PM »
i dunno when it's coming out and i dunno if it's a MMORPG and i dunno if it's pay2play etc all I know has been posted on my original post.
BoSnIaN pRiDe Is My MiNd, BoSnIaN bLoOd Is My KiNd, So StEp AsIdE, & LeT uS tHrOuGh, CaUsE iTs AlL aBoUt, tHe bOsNiAn CreW!

[IMG]http://www.ff-f

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2006, 08:16:30 PM »
If it's MMORPG... then I'll probably not get it. I don't care for MMORPG's. Still though, would be neat, I remember a long, long, ass time ago playing the DEMO to diablo, before I had it, and pking everyone in the morning before school. lol

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
    • http://
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2006, 12:28:11 AM »
I seen this exact same post a year ago. It's probably fake I wouldn't get your hopes up.
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2006, 01:09:57 AM »
My hopes only go up with concerns towards a person, not a material thing. ^^
Let me down and I won't care! Suprise me and that'd be neat!

Offline CleTus

• View Profile
    • http://
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2006, 03:52:53 AM »
yeah, okay.
GIT-R-DONE!

Light travels faster than sound. That is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline Soul Sojourner

• Resident Awesome
  • Global Moderator
    • View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2006, 04:07:16 AM »
Looking back at it now, how about citing your source? I checked the official site, and there's no listing of Diablo III in games under development. Nor did I find anywhere on the site, any news of such a happening.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2006, 12:45:05 PM »
Check ign and stuff...thats the best place to find it....damn I love the new wierd al, hes just funny. lol. He can speak in javascript and clingon...rofl. Oh and I dunno if I would play D3 but I would play SC 2...:D.
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Xen

• Church Burner.
    • View Profile
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2006, 10:28:12 AM »
Jesus, I will sell a kidney for a new Diablo. I cant see Diablo being pay to play.. But if it ends up that way im buying a plain ticket.

Offline Mercy

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #14 on: February 15, 2007, 05:00:54 PM »
D3 has been unannounced...lol. But at GC Blizzard is unveiling a new work...separate from the WoW franchise. I hear its going to be a RTS! :D
Elessar: why is the shit coming from his head?
Anheg: cause its japanese?

Offline Anheg

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2007, 02:35:37 PM »
[snapback]32378[/snapback]
It and Starcraft: ghost better be, lazy fucks. Blizzards pisses me off.
My PS3 Game Library:
Call of Duty 4, Guitar Hero 3, Mirrors Edge, Motor Storm, Resistance 2, Rock Band 2, Soul Calibur 4, Valkyria Chronicles

Offline 420

• View Profile
    • Email
Diablo 3 announced
« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2007, 03:00:07 PM »
It and Starcraft: ghost better be, lazy fucks. Blizzards pisses me off.
[snapback]33785[/snapback]
I thought Starcraft: Ghost was long gone, are they still claiming that it's in development?

Mercy: Can you provide a link to this info? I'm guessing if the new game is RTS it will either be Warcraft 4 (which would be a stupid but predictable move by Blizzard) or Starcraft 2 which I have been waiting for since Starcraft 1.